• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Home Loan : Fraud :

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Desu Sarath

TF Premier
Hi,

Last year in Feb-2023 Applied for Home loan in SBI. Person came to collect Documents and after few days went to RACPC in Bangalore to sign the Documents.

After 2 days, one guy called from RACPC and told me to pay 0.1% stamp duty, with out that they cannot disburse the home loan. He sent me the same person to collect money 17,000 from me. He told me that this can be claimed during final registration.

I forgot to take the Challan number/receipt from them.

later in August 2024, when i asked for that Challan to use it for Registration stamp duty payment, no one answered my queries and every one was finger pointing to one another and they are not clear where this challan was.

Waited for one month and went ahead for registration with 17k loss.

Raised a complaint to RBI last week, with proofs of money payments and WhatsApp chats. Now SBI Home loan head called me and explained the possible SCAM this SBI employee did with that document collection guy and they sent Suspension order to SBI employee.

Last two days, that SBI employee kept on calling me to withdraw the complaint and he sent me back 17k and literally cried and begged to with draw complaint.

I do not want to stretch this more and closed the complaint.

So please be careful with giving money to these kind of people and collect all proofs.

You should've charged him more than 17k, 30k perhaps? Tears are free, they must learn a lesson.
Agree. There should be some punishment for this otherwise they will scam the next guy. And he may not complain to RBI.

Also, by looking this scenario and his confidence, he must have done this before with many applicants.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back