• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Ola Card - Lifetime Free Conversion

Rishabh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys,

I am holding SBI OLA Credit card from past 3-4 years and got annual fees waived off every year after meeting fee waiver spend criteria.
The card was giving good rewards till few months ago when Ola Postpaid payment was allowed via this credit card but later it got stopped post some RBI rule.

This card is not attractive anymore except if used for OLA rides which give 7% cashback, so requested bank to close this card last week.
But to my surprise bank's closure team gave offer to convert this card to LIFE TIME FREE which we don't see usually happen with SBI :)

So if you are holding this card with annual fees, try your luck and bank may convert this card to LTF.
I will just keep this card to use for SBI specific offers across merchants.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Hi Guys,

I am holding SBI OLA Credit card from past 3-4 years and got annual fees waived off every year after meeting fee waiver spend criteria.
The card was giving good rewards till few months ago when Ola Postpaid payment was allowed via this credit card but later it got stopped post some RBI rule.

This card is not attractive anymore except if used for OLA rides which give 7% cashback, so requested bank to close this card last week.
But to my surprise bank's closure team gave offer to convert this card to LIFE TIME FREE which we don't see usually happen with SBI :)

So if you are holding this card with annual fees, try your luck and bank may convert this card to LTF.
Go through this..
Similar to this one already discussed.

rojajimmy

TF Select
I hold this card too and I use Uber all the time so pretty much useless for me too and I will do the same but I followed the same trick for my other SBI card (SimplySave) by reading the other thread and got it converted to Lifetime free just last month so I guess I will wait until a week or 2 more and do the same on OLA SBI card too

SmartSave

TF Premier
I took the pre-approved SimplyClick card and then placed closure request for Ola card. Retention team ended up making it LTF + Limit Enhancement request placed on it. So I'm just gonna keep it until SC ages and becomes LTF + find a better alternate to Ola card from SBI.

CHOCOPANDA

TF Premier
Hi Guys,

Ola sbi ....does it work on flat discounts where sbi credit card offers were given

insight

TF Ace
Ola sbi ....does it work on flat discounts where sbi credit card offers were given
Yes it works
This AMZN Great Indian sale is coming up.. not sure if I am seeking something specific.. It says SBI 10%

I just got SBI CB (took 10-15 mintes onine application + digi wallet KYC approved)

Any LTF SBI Card you'd suggest just for "Sales Events Discount Promos" - I can try to do the LTF trick on it later.

Myevs

TF Buzz
This AMZN Great Indian sale is coming up.. not sure if I am seeking something specific.. It says SBI 10%

I just got SBI CB (took 10-15 mintes onine application + digi wallet KYC approved)

Any LTF SBI Card you'd suggest just for "Sales Events Discount Promos" - I can try to do the LTF trick on it later.

Cashback sbi card doesn't work during Sales or discounts. It sticks to 5% CB.

anantnitish

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I took the pre-approved SimplyClick card and then placed closure request for Ola card. Retention team ended up making it LTF + Limit Enhancement request placed on it. So I'm just gonna keep it until SC ages and becomes LTF + find a better alternate to Ola card from SBI.
Did u provide any docs ?