• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SBI Vistara Prime Mastercard variant benefits

RM95

TF Select
Hi,
Got my SBI Vistara Prime delivered today, and noticed it's on the Mastercard network. I was expecting to receive a Visa Signature card.

Will there be any advantages in using this Mastercard version (especially with respect to lounge access, as I heard Visa is better in that regard)?

Also, they've provided a very low CL (65k) for thid card. How long do I have to wait before requesting a LE?

I haven't activated the card yet.

hemant89

TF Premier
In terms of lounge access master card variant is of no use. I tried to use 4 to 5 airports and nowhere it was accepted. For the limit at least you got 65K, I got 42K only and I have requested limit enhancement so many times in the last year but was denied always. Going through the forum, it seems that it is difficult to get the LE from SBI on existing cards.

RM95

TF Select
In terms of lounge access master card variant is of no use. I tried to use 4 to 5 airports and nowhere it was accepted. For the limit at least you got 65K, I got 42K only and I have requested limit enhancement so many times in the last year but was denied always. Going through the forum, it seems that it is difficult to get the LE from SBI on existing cards.
I thought as much. Is it possible to change the variant to Visa? (Sorry, I'm still a cc newbie of sorts).

hemant89

TF Premier
I thought as much. Is it possible to change the variant to Visa? (Sorry, I'm still a cc newbie of sorts).
No need to say sorry, most are newbies only. :)
With SBI, no chance of conversion and I don't think they provide Vistara Prime in the Visa variant

Last edited:

amit90

TF Premier
Hi,
Got my SBI Vistara Prime delivered today, and noticed it's on the Mastercard network. I was expecting to receive a Visa Signature card.

Will there be any advantages in using this Mastercard version (especially with respect to lounge access, as I heard Visa is better in that regard)?

Also, they've provided a very low CL (65k) for thid card. How long do I have to wait before requesting a LE?

I haven't activated the card yet.
Is this your first SBI card? How did you apply?