• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SC 11 year old credit card account , Limit Reduced from 2.90L to 10K suddenly today.

I have been using Standard Chartered Credit Card Since 2013. At present I am holding their DigiSmart Card with limit of Rs.2.90L. During this 11 years journey with them i got multiple limit enhancement and card upgrades which i took each time. it;s a LTF card. Today i got SMS from Bank that your card limit has been revised to Rs.10,000/- . this is a big shock and joke with me. I am holding super premium cards like HDFC DCB with limits above 15L. I have used SC card mostly for Myntra shopping, there is no any abuse, manufactured spends or anything that is suspicious to take this hard action. i have a credit balance of Rs.250 since last 2-3 months and haven't used card in last 3 months. I have more than 15 Credit cards from different banks and Cibil of 800+ with no single default in history. called customer care, they told "due to internal policy" your limit was reduced. I gave them strong warning and asked for reason, they took my complaint and will revert in 48 hours.
I think StanCart is the most foolish Bank in India. They make their processes so pointless that ultimately end up losing what they can earn easily!

My gut feel..
WHen you have a very old card in a very basic variant and not using much recently then this could happen..

Who knows which bank works in which manner!

My 9-year-old Moneyback satisfies 100% of the above conditions. Yet HDFC have been showering me with large LEs in recent times, -- to what purpose on a Moneyback, even God doesn't know!

I use it only for occasional Bank-specific discounts.

I fully expect them to pull the CL reduction anyday now, -- I don't really care much anymore.

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV
true that, for myntra 20% discount capping, maximum 3500 per month spend is good enough.
Exactly and since spend will be around 30% utilization only, you're not in loss anyhow, instead by not chasing bank you shall also have peace of mind.

Finaly, today got old limit restored back after giving some fight. they apologised me over phone for the issue. :ROFLMAO::cool:

Attachments

• SC Limit restored.jpeg
    SC Limit restored.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 18
Back