• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SC Priority Banking Account Review?

Hell_Kitty

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Anyone here can share experience of their SC Priority Account? Looking for some HNI banking account with good benefits but looks like it's not worth it considering the RM and benefits it come with. But still would like to know anyone's 1st hand experience with SC on priority account

Avoid SC.
No benefits.
I was priority customer for 9 years. Downgraded last year.
You get a visa infinite debit card. Points redemption is now complicated.

Edit1
If you send email to their customer care you will get an acknowledgment after 30 days, not 29 days, exactly 30 days. Call customer care if you need any help.
Debit card txns failed a few times, and was charged double. When I called for chargeback they denied.

I am not a customer, but DBS seems good if you want non Indian bank.

Last edited:
I have had a SC Priority account for about a year now. I only opened it in order to get their credit cards. The experience has been quite good. I don't use it for daily banking though. My RM is super responsive and the branch manager is very nice. Anytime I visit, I simply go sit in her office. She orders coffee and calls the RM there and they attend to my request while we have a chat. At times they have emptied out their conference room or other offices so that I could sit there as well despite my request to not do so and to my considerable embarrassment. They haven't pushed any investment and have kept their promise to get my credit card approved.

Their netbanking and mobile app are quite poor though. Everything is very complicated and different. Their phone customer service is quite good as well.

Anyone here can share experience of their SC Priority Account? Looking for some HNI banking account with good benefits but looks like it's not worth it considering the RM and benefits it come with. But still would like to know anyone's 1st hand experience with SC on priority account
What sort of benefits are you considering when looking for HNI banking with SC? Answer to your question will be easier.

I have had a SC Priority account for about a year now. I only opened it in order to get their credit cards. The experience has been quite good. I don't use it for daily banking though. My RM is super responsive and the branch manager is very nice. Anytime I visit, I simply go sit in her office. She orders coffee and calls the RM there and they attend to my request while we have a chat. At times they have emptied out their conference room or other offices so that I could sit there as well despite my request to not do so and to my considerable embarrassment. They haven't pushed any investment and have kept their promise to get my credit card approved.

Their netbanking and mobile app are quite poor though. Everything is very complicated and different. Their phone customer service is quite good as well.
Which Branch is thisssssss!!!! This lvl of Service from SC Unbelievable :eyes:

3+ years of Priority Relationship and 7+ years of overall; they didn't even offer me a single LE on their Card.
To top all of tht; I was never told about the Visa Infinite CC which came complimentary with SC Priority and even their Priority email customer care was slowAF. They never even bothered to upgrade my Debit Card and my limit CC Limit (SC Plat Rewards ) in 10+years of relationship ( I got the CC before opening Salary acc with them ) was only 1.73L ; no LE; no good offer Whatsoever.
Yaa, one thing was there that they never called me for any Investment/ FD that was the only good part probably...

But I was veryyy bored with SC and with no offers/ nothing really special about tht Bank, finally, somewhere btn covid, I closed my 7+yrs of relationship with this shitty Bank.

Mainly I’m looking for 1-2% unlimited cash back on Debit card usage both offline and online.
I do not know about unlimited...
Millenia DC and Plat Dc is a good card ( Hdfc) [ it has capping of 400 and 750 respectively...

SC Priority DC does have unlimited CB ( but it is in form of points ) Their conversion is 1:5 or 1:4 something (1 rupee = 4 or 5 points) ; When I was about to close my acc; they didn't really have much in their product catalogue; and I ended up buying Useless vouchers, one Sennheiser Wired headphone and and make your own soap kit or something like tht...

Which Branch is thisssssss!!!! This lvl of Service from SC Unbelievable :eyes:

3+ years of Priority Relationship and 7+ years of overall; they didn't even offer me a single LE on their Card.
To top all of tht; I was never told about the Visa Infinite CC which came complimentary with SC Priority and even their Priority email customer care was slowAF. They never even bothered to upgrade my Debit Card and my limit CC Limit (SC Plat Rewards ) in 10+years of relationship ( I got the CC before opening Salary acc with them ) was only 1.73L ; no LE; no good offer Whatsoever.
Yaa, one thing was there that they never called me for any Investment/ FD that was the only good part probably...

But I was veryyy bored with SC and with no offers/ nothing really special about tht Bank, finally, somewhere btn covid, I closed my 7+yrs of relationship with this shitty Bank.
I did deposit 50 lakhs with them. That might help a bit.

That might help a bit.
I had an outstanding loan with them and a Salary acc which was eligible for Priority Banking. But still no good offers...
Do you mind sharing which Branch it was... (or in DM.. I am unable to DM you cause of my TF Lvl)

Last edited:
Mainly I’m looking for 1-2% unlimited cash back on Debit card usage both offline and online.
SC is not your option in that case - as mentioned above Priority DC gives you this - but there are exclusions for most high usage categories :( also the reward redemption is not for everyone. For your use-case Priority is not recommended, you can better use those funds elsewhere in another bank account.

I do not know about unlimited...
Millenia DC and Plat Dc is a good card ( Hdfc) [ it has capping of 400 and 750 respectively...

SC Priority DC does have unlimited CB ( but it is in form of points ) Their conversion is 1:5 or 1:4 something (1 rupee = 4 or 5 points) ; When I was about to close my acc; they didn't really have much in their product catalogue; and I ended up buying Useless vouchers, one Sennheiser Wired headphone and and make your own soap kit or something like tht...
I already have Platinum DC and maxing out 750 every month for just 1 credit card bill.

I already have Platinum DC and maxing out 750 every month for just 1 credit card bill.
IndusInd is also an option and you can get multiple DC’s there so combined cap will be much higher. This is how I pay my CC bill of 2-3 lks and get rewards on all of it.

What is the maximum cashback limit? Additionally, what percentage cashback is offered for credit card payments? Could you also specify which bill payment website and gateway are used?
The cashback rate is a bit weird as it works in slabs. To get 0.93% (the highest) reward rate the payment will have to be of 1lk. I normally reach this amount anyway when paying so I don’t remember the other reward rates. There is a thread right now on the forum that has the complete reward rate.

I use PayTM (Visa Variant) but you will have to pay convenience charges of 25inr.

Back