• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.
Having Airtel visa and Airtel master card for same customer id will treated as different by the system??
No, definitely not they are network provider only,
in my case the thing was I applied for One My Zone through their WhatsApp link which opened a different (old)portal and application got through but I have not received any response from them for about two weeks, then I Called Cust Care and they could not track that application either and suggested me to apply afresh via new portal I did the same and that application was approved in four days, before I was able to receive that physical card, I got msg stating that my previous application was approved as well, I thought they merge that application but to my surprise it was a different card with different limit as well, as Axis first creates new Customer Id with every application for persons without no banking relationship with them, then after few days it merges the same with existing cust id if any, but in my case there were my two cust Ids alloted and working at the same time, till it was merged by system upon my new card application, then they decided to close One. Hope I got all yours query answered.
One piece of advice for who applying for second Airtel Axis Credit Card you never know when your dreams turn into nightmares with Axis Bank, so proceed with application if it's really bearable with the worst in mind.

Holding 4 cards will not be allowed by axis bank from October month. I already had a conversation with the senior department from Mumbai. Because I want to take neo by closing MYZONE as I was holding 3 cards already at that time. But my forth card get generated. But within 24hrs, they closed it by stating that my 4th card was issued by mistakenly due a technical glitch and they closed it
. I think it will not affect for those who hold 4 cards before October month. But they already informed the same that bank started the intimation to customers to close their 4th cards.
I have closed 4th Card in April itself but haven't got any intimation from Oct- Apr that i have to close One, on second note last card I took from them was in Aug 23, so no comments on that part,
but when I closed my FK Axis CSE told me if I want that card back I just need to call them and they will reissue don't know how much truth in this part as I have trust issues with Axis. Also From feb 24 they are providing only 500 max for Airtel and Utility payment on Airtel Axis which was to be applicable form 20th April 24 onwards, but very unreliable bank with very bad customer support ss well.

RadTheCrab

TF Buzz
I was able to hold two LTF My Zone issued to me for about 6 months with two different Cust Id but when I applied for Airtel Axis Fourth Card for me after FK Axis, and 2 My Zone their system detected that and I got call from their Mumbai Office to close One My Zone instantly as they said no one can hold same card variant twice, I requested them to convert one to any other variant but they denied stating it was a system glitch that must be rectified, so, they said decide and settle one of My Zone dues which I want to close and they will callback after 48hrs and they called I told them last 4 digits and it was closed instantly.
Interesting... Thanks for sharing! I'll be careful to not apply for anymore cards from Axis and prevent my card from getting noticed.

RadTheCrab

TF Buzz
But here the both MYZONE cards are of same variant. But the above mentioned person having two Airtel cards of different variants visa, and master.
They even appear different in the Axis app. The Visa one simply says 'Airtel' while the Mastercard has 'Airtel Mastercard' written on it. You can see for yourself in the following image.

Attachments

• IMG-20240428-WA0007_1_1_1.jpg
    IMG-20240428-WA0007_1_1_1.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 29

RadTheCrab

TF Buzz
One piece of advice for who applying for second Airtel Axis Credit Card you never know when your dreams turn into nightmares with Axis Bank, so proceed with application if it's really bearable with the worst in mind.
I'd disagree. Anyone who gets a second card via a genuine route (i.e. without using any glitches/tricks to get it) cannot be held liable by the bank at any point of time.

Their system can quite easily detect the second card at the time of approval. After approval & payment of the joining fee, the card holder has every right to hold the card till its anniversary & enjoy its benefits.

To anyone who is being offered a second card & is interested in applying for it should go ahead without worrying about the "Nightmares". RBI will have your back in case anything goes south, because at the end of the day it's the bank & its system that messed up, not the customer who got the card via a legitimate channel & is using it normally after paying the card's fee.

I'd disagree. Anyone who gets a second card via a genuine route (i.e. without using any glitches/tricks to get it) cannot be held liable by the bank at any point of time.

Their system can quite easily detect the second card at the time of approval. After approval & payment of the joining fee, the card holder has every right to hold the card till its anniversary & enjoy its benefits.

To anyone who is being offered a second card & is interested in applying for it should go ahead without worrying about the "Nightmares". RBI will have your back in case anything goes south, because at the end of the day it's the bank & its system that messed up, not the customer who got the card via a legitimate channel & is using it normally after paying the card's fee.
It was just a advice goodluck on keeping both cards and more power to all who choose the same route, God Bless

sidp

TF Ace

Well yes & no.
User isn't liable for failed system, but banks are well within their rights to close one of the cards. What they owe the user is proportionally compensate for the duration remaining. Amex does it automatically. Other banks also need to do that.

But if they close & pay for the remaining duration, rbi can't do anything. They can also make the cards unusable by decreasing the cl or blocking particular merchant etc.

Plus most people don't read tnc. Using fair use policy they can cancel card. There are many things that people do actually goes against fair use policy i.e. doing too many transactions with one merchant Or even one category, total spend in one billing cycle crossing given cl etc.

cardy

TF Ace
Well yes & no.
User isn't liable for failed system, but banks are well within their rights to close one of the cards. What they owe the user is proportionally compensate for the duration remaining. Amex does it automatically. Other banks also need to do that.

But if they close & pay for the remaining duration, rbi can't do anything. They can also make the cards unusable by decreasing the cl or blocking particular merchant etc.

Plus most people don't read tnc. Using fair use policy they can cancel card. There are many things that people do actually goes against fair use policy i.e. doing too many transactions with one merchant Or even one category, total spend in one billing cycle crossing given cl etc.
Can you give an example on compensation.
I mean what they give as compensation for what type of error

RadTheCrab

TF Buzz
Well yes & no.

Yes exactly. At most they can cancel the card, but cannot make their customer go through a "Nightmare" for their mistake.

sidp

TF Ace
Can you give an example on compensation.
I mean what they give as compensation for what type of error
Like if fee is 600rs and they close after 6m without you violating the terms, then they should give 300rs back. Know that this is only if you don't have any fault. If you misuse the cc like business expenses, rotation, paying multiple rent in one billing cycle etc anything that violates fair use policy, then they don't have to compensate for anything. (Just like axis). In this case they can block the rewards/cb, reverse it and ask you to pay for it. If you close it without paying back, they can report to cibil as payment due. Report it as fraudulent transactions, there are many things they can do.

But having multiple variants of same card isn't such a big issue(unless you have lied that you are ntb while applying for 2nd cc). May be In 30days or 2 yrs, they'll find out, then close the card.& it's perfectly legal.

Last edited:

mailmenow

TF Premier
Received the cashback on both the cards!
Bro one more clarification needed. Please let me know whether you receive the cashback upto the individual card limit or combined cashback for both card?? because both Airtel card linked to same customer id

RadTheCrab

TF Buzz
Bro one more clarification needed. Please let me know whether you receive the cashback upto the individual card limit or combined cashback for both card?? because both Airtel card linked to same customer id
I suppose you are talking about the monthly cashback capping. Yes, both the cards have individual capping. I have received Rs. 300 for Airtel spends (25% category) on the Visa card and Rs. 166 on the Mastercard seperately.