• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Second SBI CARD

Md Kaif

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

From many days I was thinking of applying for SBI BPCL OCTANE CARD. So today I thought of giving it a try. I applied through the Sprint portal and choose BPCL OCTANE before filling my details. Now after doing KYC they are offering me Cashback card/Simplysave/Simplyclick card. So, I closed the application and was trying to contact customer care, in the meanwhile I got a call from some SBI agent. He asked me why didn't I complete me application. So I explained that I wanted the BPCL Octane Card but the sprint portal is offering me some different cards. After some checking he tells me sir u can't have two high level cards from SBI. My first card is SBI OlaMoney Card having a limit of 1.58lakhs which is don't think is a high level card, infact I believe this Ola Card is just a entry level card.

Now how shall I proceed further? Any thoughts? Shall I apply C2C on the basis of my ICICI Platinum Card? that has a limit of 2.4lakhs

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-08-15-07-57-02_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-08-15-07-57-02_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_2023-06-08-15-08-01-52_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-08-15-08-01-52_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_2023-06-08-15-08-12-59_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-08-15-08-12-59_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_2023-06-08-15-08-16-78_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-08-15-08-16-78_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 91
They generally issue one core and one co branded. Since you already have Ola (co branded card), the system was showing you core cards.
It happened to me too 🤣, and I was wondering what happened. I already had the SimplyClick card and went to apply for the BPCL Octane card. However, after filling up the details, it showed me the SBI Cashback card instead.

I upgraded my SimplyClick to BPCL Octane two days ago.

Edit: Earlier I was holding SimplyClick and SBI Cashback, after the upgrade I have BPCL Octane and SBI Cashback card.

It happened to me too 🤣, and I was wondering what happened. I already had the SimplyClick card and went to apply for the BPCL Octane card. However, after filling up the details, it showed me the SBI Cashback card instead.

Edit: Earlier I was holding SimplyClick and SBI Cashback, after the upgrade I have BPCL Octane and SBI Cashback card.
Glad it worked for you :)

How did u manage to upgrade to BPCL OCTANE? SBI's nodal team is telling me they can't update my card to BPCL OCTANE

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-08-16-07-29-79.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-08-16-07-29-79.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 67
How did u manage to upgrade to BPCL OCTANE? SBI's nodal team is telling me they can't update my card to BPCL OCTANE
If you check my earlier comments, I mentioned that you should call customer care and inquire about any available upgrades for your card. If an upgrade is available, you can simply upgrade to the BPCL Octane card. In my case, I received upgrade options for almost all the cards, except for a few.

If you check my earlier comments, I mentioned that you should call customer care and inquire about any available upgrades for your card. If an upgrade is available, you can simply upgrade to the BPCL Octane card. In my case, I received upgrade options for almost all the cards, except for a few.
You are lucky then.

When I tried to upgrade I am eligble
for all Co-Branded cards like yatra, Metro, IRCTC etc... except ola and BPCL
🤦‍♂️

Can we apply for second SBI card without closing/upgrading the existing one?
I have cashback card (10 months old) and thinking of getting a Vistara card.

Will Sprint work for me or I should rather get it offline?

Can we apply for second SBI card without closing/upgrading the existing one?
I have cashback card (10 months old) and thinking of getting a Vistara card.

Will Sprint work for me or I should rather get it offline?

Yes, I got my 1st SBI card on jan & 2nd card on end of may.

C
Yes, I got my 1st SBI card on jan & 2nd card on end of may.
Cool..was it 100% online through Sprint? Did it ask for any additional documents or KYC?
Also, what about the credit limit? was the existing limit shared with the new card or you got new limit on the new card?
Thanks in advance!
Earlier at SBI, there used to be a "Get new card" option which would just use the same KYC to instantly issue new card, however, it is no more functional now?

C

Cool..was it 100% online through Sprint? Did it ask for any additional documents or KYC?
Also, what about the credit limit? was the existing limit shared with the new card or you got new limit on the new card?
Thanks in advance!
Earlier at SBI, there used to be a "Get new card" option which would just use the same KYC to instantly issue new card, however, it is no more functional now?

Both cards applied though sprint. Same procedure happened on both cards (Asked employer details, address, email, etc) & for KYC it was verified using adhar otp procedure. Both cards have separate limit but got lower limit for 2nd card (Its a IRCTC platinum). No offline verification at home or office.

Both cards applied though sprint. Same procedure happened on both cards (Asked employer details, address, email, etc) & for KYC it was verified using adhar otp procedure. Both cards have separate limit but got lower limit for 2nd card (Its a IRCTC platinum). No offline verification at home or office.
that's much helpful. thanks!

Is there a cool off period applicable for second card (SBI Cashback) if first card is approved (SBI Vistara Prime)? Customer care told me I can apply immediately but I have seen some comments here to wait 3/6 months.

I am holding sbi bpcl card from 4montha which has very low limit. Without closing this card can i apply another card through agent via c2c. I need a card which has high limit

Back