• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which cheapest SBI Card to be applied for SBI Card offers?

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

I have SBI CB card and I want to apply another SBI card (cheapest) because CB do not applies to amazon and other instant discount offers. I would prefer to apply RUPAY card but you can propose non RUPAY card as well. I do not have much fuel spends due to WFH, this card will be just a back up SBI card.

Note: I am getting FYF RUPAY SIMPLYSAVE card offers daily from SBI. Should I apply this or some another card like BPCL?

Thanks

It appears that I over-communicated
The auto-debit of reward points happens ONLY IF you have availed of the 10% discount on Amazon/Flipkart during the sale. Let me take a couple of examples.
1. There is no sale going on. You buy a phone worth Rs 15000 from Flipkart. You will get 120 pts in your IRCTC account. Your statement will only show a debit of 15000. That's it.
2. There is a 10% OFF upto Rs 1500 sale going on. You buy a phone worth Rs 15000 and get Rs 1500 OFF. So, you pay Rs 13500 via your card. That amount will show up on your card. You are not supposed to get any pts for this transaction but you will still get 108 pts in your IRCTC account. So you will also be charged Rs 108 in your statement.

Basically, SBI does not want you to double-dip i.e. get 10% discount and get pts.
Got it.

As far as I know, this is a general SBI Cards problem and is not specific to the SBI IRCTC Credit Card.

And btw, you can make them deduct points from the IRCTC loyalty account and reverse the debits from the card. Just that you will have to request them, do some shouting and also threaten them.

Hi all,

I have SBI CB card and I want to apply another SBI card (cheapest) because CB do not applies to amazon and other instant discount offers. I would prefer to apply RUPAY card but you can propose non RUPAY card as well. I do not have much fuel spends due to WFH, this card will be just a back up SBI card.

Note: I am getting FYF RUPAY SIMPLYSAVE card offers daily from SBI. Should I apply this or some another card like BPCL?

Thanks
Where are you getting FYF rupay offers? On SBI card app?
How old is your cashback card

Yes that is the process, firstly it asks to select the card variant, then select which type of txn to be enabled, then distribute the limit between two cards..i went till this point and stopped
Do you have a really high limit on cashback? Feels bad removing limit from cashback card because they give such low limits already

Do you have a really high limit on cashback? Feels bad removing limit from cashback card because they give such low limits already
They gave me 3.4 lakh limit on cashback card which I have divided across Simply click FYF and BPCL FYF (will close one of these cards after 1 year). Just ensuring to keep cashback card limit over 1 lakh as that is the max for earning cashback.

As you mentioned you don't require for fule spends and want it as a back up card for your SBI CB card mainly for ht emerchant offers (ie 15% of during sale), I strongly recommend to get the pre-approved SBI Rupay Simply Save FYF.. mainly because , there will be no CIBIL hit and and instanlty approved and generated and serves all your purposes.

I have excatl the same combo.. SBI CB card LTF along with SBI Rupay Simply Save FYF.. we can easily get the fee waived next year for Simply Save and later can also turn it inot LTF..

all the best
bade vai..i m thinking of getting one sbi card for sale purposes only..will buy a four door fridge and father will buy a phn too in sale..sbi k liye..kaunsa card lu??bpcl card will work in sales?then will get fuel + sale offers..double profit..

bade vai..i m thinking of getting one sbi card for sale purposes only..will buy a four door fridge and father will buy a phn too in sale..sbi k liye..kaunsa card lu??bpcl card will work in sales?then will get fuel + sale offers..double profit..
Yes, BPCL will work for instant offers

Yes it works.. My friend has the same and have used his card many times for instant discount

Reactions: SSV
2.75, i was thinking to split 1.2 in SBI CB and remaining in second card.. as sbi CB is good till 1 lakh but kept 20 k as buffer
You should think the other way, take out only required from CB card to other card and leave rest in CB.
Because once you take out from CB it is hard to get it back into it sometimes
SBI treats CB card as their premium offering

You should think the other way, take out only required from CB card to other card and leave rest in CB.
Because once you take out from CB it is hard to get it back into it sometimes
SBI treats CB card as their premium offering
I was thinking like if by chance i buy 1.5l phone via this card then i should be able to use my card.. but due to this split i have dropped the plan to apply for now.. will apply after limit becomes 3 lakh plus

Reactions: SSV
Back