• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Serviceable pincodes for Amex cards

Can I update my address in my existing amex card to a non serviceable state ?
Actually I am a salaried person and have been transferred to a Manipur for two years and my amex card is due for renewal next month. How can I get my renewed card to non serviceable area. Customer care told me that it will be delivered to my registered address of Bangalore.
Yes, could be done.
I moved from Hyd to Indore during Pandemic (Indore was not serviceable that time) and received a replacement card. Now, from the SS in this thread I came to know that Indore is also serviceable, time to earn new local referrals. :relieved-face:

No, not at all
I actually lost the link, I got it while casually browsing and now I forgot where I got this..luckily I saved the screenshot to send it to someone. When I find it again I will post here..

Anyway do you need any help in particular?
I was trying for amex and even after having a sufficient income my application has been rejected twice even after waiting for 7 months between the applications

Reactions: SSV
I was trying for amex and even after having a sufficient income my application has been rejected twice even after waiting for 7 months between the applications
No worries.. lets look deeop into it a bit later.. after July 31..
Meanwhile.. when was your last application pls?

Hi, @SSV , ALL,
I wanted to understand if while applying the card I need to be present at the address mentioned in ADHAR? Just checking if they check actual location live?

Another question,
I live in Bangalore, my Aadhar have my native address. So based on the above thread comments, I need to change my Aadhar address with rent agreement that I have here before applying? And that will be all required for a successful application?

Hi, @SSV , ALL,
I wanted to understand if while applying the card I need to be present at the address mentioned in ADHAR? Just checking if they check actual location live?
Not at the time of application, but at the time of vkyc, it will pick up your actual live location from the browsers location services.. that’s how your physical location will be ascertained and if it tallies with your Aadhar address, it is equivalent to your physical verification done successfully

Hi, @SSV , ALL,
They check location during vkyc to make sure you're in India

Doesn't matter where in India you are

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-18-23-15-52-35_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-18-23-15-52-35_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 7
Not at the time of application, but at the time of vkyc, it will pick up your actual live location from the browsers location services.. that’s how your physical location will be ascertained and if it tallies with your Aadhar address, it is equivalent to your physical verification done successfully
If not, will they do physical address verification as well?

I'm afraid that's not the case. I did my vkyc from a different location and had got it confirmed from Amex customer support that vkyc location access is only for ascertaining that you're in India

I'm afraid that's not the case. I did my vkyc from a different location and had got it confirmed from Amex customer support that vkyc location access is only for ascertaining that you're in India
As I said, it will help the application process in a straight forward way…
If the system flags they need physical location verification then it will take that route depending upon other factors of the applicant’s profile..
There are so many variables in the application process and in order to succeed, we need to minimise any deviation.

You will hear some vkyc agents asking , are you staying in the same physical location as per Aadhar .. when you say yes, they will mark it and capture the actual location…

As far as agents saying about any rule, they say what they know and what they are allowed to say , that doesn’t necessarily mean they are revealing everything that was involved in the application process..
They just tell what was written in the rule book.. there are so many thing that they don’t tell and they should not tell about the whole process..
Don’t take anything and everything what agents say seriously.. there are so many unspoken things that will be part of the process..
Ascertaining whether in India or not is one of the uses of vkyc, not the only one use is what I want to say here

As I said we need to keep it simple for the Amex’s algorithm to make its decision quick and easy.. that is how we need to prepare our application

Last edited:
Back