• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Shady job by ICICI

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
I am holding ICICI Amazon pay card for last few years and I wanted another card for ICICI offers. So I logged into net banking and went through application process to apply for new card last month.
I was offered few cards as LTF, so I selected Sapphiro Dual Variant. I got the card delivered in few days and I am using it actively too. I mailed the Customer card and got it in writing that it is LTF. Please note my salary is below 1.5L PM and I am not from their elite college list as well. But all good so far.

Yesterday, all of a sudden, I got an email from ICICI. In the email, It was mentioned, "thanks for applying for ICICI Emirates Sapphiro card, your application is under process". Application date of this card was same as the date I applied for Sapphiro Dual Variant. This was a shock, as I never applied for this card. This card has 5K annual fee too.
I dropped an email to them and dialed them as well, they confirmed someone wrongly applied for this card from backend and they will cancel this application.

But I asked them, who applied for it on my behalf without my approval, and they are not responding to it and apologizing repeatedly. This is not right. Anyway, they said, application will be cancelled in 7 working days. Is this enough or should I follow up with them to find more about this shady practice?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I am holding ICICI Amazon pay card for last few years and I wanted another card for ICICI offers. So I logged into net banking and went through application process to apply for new card last month.
I was offered few cards as LTF, so I selected Sapphiro Dual Variant. I got the card delivered in few days and I am using it actively too. I mailed the Customer card and got it in writing that it is LTF. Please note my salary is below 1.5L PM and I am not from their elite college list as well. But all good so far.

Yesterday, all of a sudden, I got an email from ICICI. In the email, It was mentioned, "thanks for applying for ICICI Emirates Sapphiro card, your application is under process". Application date of this card was same as the date I applied for Sapphiro Dual Variant. This was a shock, as I never applied for this card. This card has 5K annual fee too.
I dropped an email to them and dialed them as well, they confirmed someone wrongly applied for this card from backend and they will cancel this application.

But I asked them, who applied for it on my behalf without my approval, and they are not responding to it and apologizing repeatedly. This is not right. Anyway, they said, application will be cancelled in 7 working days. Is this enough or should I follow up with them to find more about this shady practice?
First thing you don't need to do anything further..

But very strange things happened here:

1) For a APAY holder, getting Sapphiro LTF.. very lucky here
2) Automatic application for Emeralde -- Unlucky here.

In my view both are plain unusual and in your words, both should be shady...

shrewdoc

TF Ace

If I were you, I would have asked for continuing the same application and demand the card be issued LTF to compensate for the Mental Agony 😂

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge

You could have complained to rbi after receiving the card and got it converted to LTF as compensation rather than cancelling it. See opportunity in every mistake the bank does

AlgoTrader

TF Ace

automatic appln if for emirates sapphiro and not Emeralde , but yeah, all of it is shady af, that's why had to get confirmation 3 times over email whether it is really LTF and now this happens

AlgoTrader

TF Ace

my big concern was, application date,. It is same as my original application date and was kept aside but was proceed almost after a month. Seems they created duplicate application in the backend and applied for another card themselves. Unnecessary cibil hit too

RevEng

TF Premier
This may not be relevant here, but every time I talk to to ICICI customer care on phone, I get a fraud "Sir, you are being offered a credit card from XYZ bank" call in next couple of days.

There are definitely some leaks in ICICI pipeline.

I don't receive such call for months, until I call ICICI CC support again.

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
This may not be relevant here, but every time I talk to to ICICI customer care on phone, I get a fraud "Sir, you are being offered a credit card from XYZ bank" call in next couple of days.

There is definitely some leaks in ICICI pipeline.

I don't receive such call for months, until I call ICICI CC support again.
this is crazy

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I am done following up with these people. Had to work with axis to iocl and sbi for octane upgrade, both didn';t work as planned. So I am done fighting with these people. enough is enough, i think time to let go
Good choice.. Spend time only where it is required..

2. Not Emeralde, it's Emirates Sapphiro

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV