• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Shady job by ICICI

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
I am holding ICICI Amazon pay card for last few years and I wanted another card for ICICI offers. So I logged into net banking and went through application process to apply for new card last month.
I was offered few cards as LTF, so I selected Sapphiro Dual Variant. I got the card delivered in few days and I am using it actively too. I mailed the Customer card and got it in writing that it is LTF. Please note my salary is below 1.5L PM and I am not from their elite college list as well. But all good so far.

Yesterday, all of a sudden, I got an email from ICICI. In the email, It was mentioned, "thanks for applying for ICICI Emirates Sapphiro card, your application is under process". Application date of this card was same as the date I applied for Sapphiro Dual Variant. This was a shock, as I never applied for this card. This card has 5K annual fee too.
I dropped an email to them and dialed them as well, they confirmed someone wrongly applied for this card from backend and they will cancel this application.

But I asked them, who applied for it on my behalf without my approval, and they are not responding to it and apologizing repeatedly. This is not right. Anyway, they said, application will be cancelled in 7 working days. Is this enough or should I follow up with them to find more about this shady practice?

Shouting in BM office only to get a paid card as LTF 🙄🥴
Pathetic RM support and Debit card issues were the main reasons for shouting (it wasn't only me, but 5 of us)

you can say pushing for card was the contingency plan which we realized while discussing: (This post talks about it in detail: https://www.technofino.in/community...ltf-credit-cards-this-can-be-the-reason.4949/)

Btw, even if you think that fighting for it was 🙄🥴, we have saved approx 10.5k as joining and 4k as renewal feels anyway.. so its win for us even if you don't think so :LOL:

Branch? I told you i don't have any account with icici bro. I have only CCs.. Earlier Apay and now sapphiro. Still surprised with the offering though even though the card is not worth much other than BOGO and longue access
On contrast, I have a 12+ year relationship with hdfc and have salary account, ppf there and holding money back card for 5+ years with 11L limit. Still they are not offering any upgrades. Seems all the banks treat existing customers like shit
Aah, I thought Credit cards too have some kind of branch system

All the cc I own has savings account linked with the customer ID and so, I thought that when your customer ID might have been generated, it must have been assigned a branch (maybe nearer to your permanent address given)

+1.
So the moral of the story is, we need to keep rotating the banks..
These days no value to the loyalty. Customer is just part of the statistics for that quarter targets
I echo your lines.. Vintage account holder of 16+ years(salary/policy-schemes credit done regularly) and still i have had paid cards with low cc (78k for almost 7+ years). when i moved i have noticed benefits from other banks even though acquaintance with them is very brief.

In a nutshell, "loyalty is a bane"..

I have so many anecdotes with icici(enough to fill a novel more like ponniyan selvan movie(twists,betrayal,confusion,dramatics).

Heres a recent one.

09/10 Cibil report showed 4 inquiries for me(i usually dont check it) and ICICI balances were of last year(which ideally should have been updated so i have called customer service and i had to face horrendous folks and literally took 1 hr 5 people for them to understand my request for removal procedure & get cc limits updated in cibil

One agent said card was closed ,wanted me to speak to cc to get it activated,twice trfd once to cancellation & later to escalation desk).In escalation team,that guy broke the last straw and said "Sir,reach out to cibil and update ur limits"(Isnt it there job).

I had to disconnect the call to not "bamboo" them further ,finally got one person who understood but still was asked to send information to customer service with regards to cibil enquiry removal.

So i planned to trf my balance to another account and (rtgs,neft,imps is blocked) and was asked to wait till tomorrow 3 pm to make any transactions

Last edited:
Seems all the banks treat existing customers like shit
+1.
So the moral of the story is, we need to keep rotating the banks..
These days no value to the loyalty. Customer is just a part of the statistics for that quarter targets
I echo your lines.. Vintage account holder of 16+ years(salary/policy-schemes credit done regularly) and still i have had paid cards with low cc (78k for almost 7+ years). when i moved i have noticed benefits from other banks even though acquaintance with them is very brief.

In a nutshell, "loyalty is a bane"..

isn't it obvious ?
Any company would gain more by onboarding new people instead of giving free stuff to existing ones..

So, you can benifit and negotiate only when you do not hold any relationship with the bank.. If you do, they start scrooling through their guidelines as they are not going to benefit much

Classic example is Wealth Management accounts in ICICI, it can go as low as 1L cheque for opening new WM account, but for existing customers, either open another acc with 10L cheque (so that employees get new acc opening target) or have 25L in savings

any update?
Called customer support and asked for update and got reply that SR is open and they will get back to me in 2 days but no one called(as expected).
CC is not helpful they have opened SR and tagged it to the conversation which i had with them instead of forwarding it as complaint.
Now thinking of escalating it via their grievance level.

Back