• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Shall I take HDFC diners black CC?

sanjaynandi

TF Select
Hi, I have regalia card with high limit. thinking of getting DCB card. I might get it due to some specific condition. if i dont get it free then i will not accept.
i always prefer cashback card. but this is rewards. will this be useful? my expenses are less. i book cheap hotels. i dont play golf or dont require costly service which this kind card
holders usually do. my annual expense will be around 5 - 6 lakhs max or 4lakhs average..
my expense are electric bill, prepaid phone, internet, insurance, some flight tickets, big basket, some movie ticket, medicine purchase from 1mg etc. plz advice.

You can purchase GYFTR vouchers from Smartbuy for all these items(if some item in unavailable, you can purchase Amazon voucher and pay via Amazon Pay during checkout). While Regalia will also give you points on these, DCB will give higher accelerated points.

Last checked, DCB gives 1:1 reward option against flight and hotels(please verify this information once). So, you can book flights and redeem the points. As you said you travel international, 70% points will easily be redeemed in booking tickets for just one round trip.

I'd suggest you to take DCB. The only caveat is Regalia's acceptance being more than DCB, but you already mentioned you have other cards for that purpose.
Thanks. wonderful to know this.

just wrote to upgrade from moneyback ltf to milennia ltf but they giving dcb fyf .. limit 150k only
should take or not ? if yes which variant ?

Attachments

• IMG_7129.jpeg
    IMG_7129.jpeg
    199.8 KB · Views: 29
but my limit isnt that high for them to offer me infinia .. neither i can constantly spend that much
Then it's better to not take the upgrade.. as you may have to close this card at renewal.. if you have not spent the required amount to make it free for next renewal.. i think it's 5 lakh

Did you directly sent to them or followed it up from lower level?
i requested them with a sexy email for milennia ltf .. last month and they rejected it ..
day before yesterday i tried again .. i just wrote them
“upgrade my moneyback ltf to milennia ltf ” 😂😂
and they reverted me this

Back