• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Sharing My Experience with Axis Airtel Application

nirmalya

TF Select
Hi All,

I am sharing my experience with Airtel Axis credit card application process.
I have been trying to get this card for quite sometime. Tried to apply it from primary Jio number linked with the bank, it was showing no offer. Then tried with a different Jio number, it showed the offer but pincode was not eligible. So, the next thing which I did, I changed the pincode to nearest one in my area, mentioned my pincode seperately in the address section. I was wondering whether changing these things will work or not but Axis took their sweet time of 10 working days to update mobile and address. I started receiving SMS that my mobile and address linked with my other Axis credit cards got updated. That was the green signal that the card was going to be approved. On the next day, I received an SMS that card was approved and would be dispatched within 3 days. Below is the chronology:
  1. 24/08 - Applied the card
  2. 06/09 - Eligibility check was initiated, application was approved. No physical or vKYC check happened.
  3. 09/09 - Card was dispatched.
  4. 11/09 - Received the card.
This is proves that it is possible to get Airtel Axis card:
  • From non-Airtel number.
  • Non-serviceable pincode
  • Even if you are holding similar type of cashback credit card like ACE.
Now, I will use ACE card mostly for the offline spends and Airtel Axis for Utility bill payments. I have also updated mobile number and address which got changed during the application process.

Attachments

• IMG_20230914_003200.jpg
    IMG_20230914_003200.jpg
    634.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

drsel

TF Legend
Hi All,

I have been trying to get this card for quite sometime. Tried to apply it from primary Jio number linked with the bank, it was showing no offer. Then tried with a different Jio number, it showed the offer but pincode was not eligible. So, next thing I did change the pincode to nearest one in my area, mentioned my pincode seperately in the address section. I was wondering whether changing these things will work or not but Axis took their sweet time of 10 working days to update mobile and address. I started receiving SMS that my mobile and address linked with my other Axis credit cards got updated. That was the green signal that the card was going to be approved. On the next day, I received an SMS that card was approved and would be dispatched within 3 days. Below is the chronology:
  2. 06/09 - Eligibility check was initiated, application was approved. No physical or vKYC check happened.
Now, I will use ACE card mostly for the offline spends and Airtel Axis for Utility bill payments. I have also updated mobile number and address which got changed during the application process.
You can get 4% for offline with Atlas and 4.8% with Magnus Burgundy.
I closed both Flipkart, Ace long ago when I got SBI 5% cashback card

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
No no, you misunderstand.
Airtel is an excellent card and even my wife has applied for it.
I was just giving advice on how to get the MAXIMUM return of 4% or 4.8% for offline spends
But then again, everyone has different priorities for OP. It's paying the Airtel bill and other utilities. Why would someone opt for a card with joining and annual fees of 5k when that person only wishes to pay their bills using the Airtel card, and that too for free in the first year and ₹500 from the next year onwards? It doesn't make sense at all, right?

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Why not, a credit card is a credit card !
And all are issued by the same Axis Bank.
if you are paying more, you getting reimbursed in the form of miles or points.
There is no real expense in all cases
Magnus isn't 4.8% anymore. Plus it isn't always 1:1 rate in airmiles and it limits you to spend on specific partners(one might overspend to use that). If Burgundy is included (specifically to get 5:4) you're either forced to keep 10L in savings or FD accordingly. Which again is limiting, you might be losing certain % interest compared to other banks. It doesn't even have a renewal benefit anymore (P.S I do have Magnus)
Atlas is too complicated for me, can't comment on that.

zealsid

TF Select
Hi All,

I have been trying to get this card for quite sometime. Tried to apply it from primary Jio number linked with the bank, it was showing no offer. Then tried with a different Jio number, it showed the offer but pincode was not eligible. So, the next thing which I did, I changed the pincode to nearest one in my area, mentioned my pincode seperately in the address section. I was wondering whether changing these things will work or not but Axis took their sweet time of 10 working days to update mobile and address. I started receiving SMS that my mobile and address linked with my other Axis credit cards got updated. That was the green signal that the card was going to be approved. On the next day, I received an SMS that card was approved and would be dispatched within 3 days. Below is the chronology:
My Airtel Axis card got approved today from JIO number. I have a Airtel number from past 12 years but no offer on that number.

Just wanted to ask, how many cibil enquiries were done before approval. I checked and there was 2 enquiries by Axis Bank. Don't know why they require 2 enquires. Is it same for you?

nirmalya

TF Select
My Airtel Axis card got approved today from JIO number. I have a Airtel number from past 12 years but no offer on that number.

Just wanted to ask, how many cibil enquiries were done before approval. I checked and there was 2 enquiries by Axis Bank. Don't know why they require 2 enquires. Is it same for you?
Yes, you are right they made 2 enquires. Someone also mentioned that they reported this card as loan and people had to email to pno to correct that.

sathish593

TF Buzz
My airtel app was showing airtel axis card option from long time but till now i haven't applied for airtel card, this week i tried to apply it and got below error, anyone else got the same?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-01-16-04-15-93_c2c78ac7aa03ce7ab077618c8ca92763.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-01-16-04-15-93_c2c78ac7aa03ce7ab077618c8ca92763.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 72

vip3rc5

TF Premier
I'm constantly getting offer of this card with limit upto 5 Lakhs and first year free on my airtel number. I do have Airtel Post-paid, Prepaid and Broadband Connection. My question is do we really get 25% cashaback? If yes I will apply it else no