• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Sharing My Experience with Axis Airtel Application

nirmalya

TF Select
Hi All,

I am sharing my experience with Airtel Axis credit card application process.
I have been trying to get this card for quite sometime. Tried to apply it from primary Jio number linked with the bank, it was showing no offer. Then tried with a different Jio number, it showed the offer but pincode was not eligible. So, the next thing which I did, I changed the pincode to nearest one in my area, mentioned my pincode seperately in the address section. I was wondering whether changing these things will work or not but Axis took their sweet time of 10 working days to update mobile and address. I started receiving SMS that my mobile and address linked with my other Axis credit cards got updated. That was the green signal that the card was going to be approved. On the next day, I received an SMS that card was approved and would be dispatched within 3 days. Below is the chronology:
  1. 24/08 - Applied the card
  2. 06/09 - Eligibility check was initiated, application was approved. No physical or vKYC check happened.
  3. 09/09 - Card was dispatched.
  4. 11/09 - Received the card.
This is proves that it is possible to get Airtel Axis card:
  • From non-Airtel number.
  • Non-serviceable pincode
  • Even if you are holding similar type of cashback credit card like ACE.
Now, I will use ACE card mostly for the offline spends and Airtel Axis for Utility bill payments. I have also updated mobile number and address which got changed during the application process.

Attachments

• IMG_20230914_003200.jpg
    IMG_20230914_003200.jpg
    634.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

PRIYANSHU_

TF Premier
My airtel app was showing airtel axis card option from long time but till now i haven't applied for airtel card, this week i tried to apply it and got below error, anyone else got the same?
It was showing the same error (on my father's phone).
Then I made the electricity bill payment using Airtel thanks app and it allowed to apply & now asking to complete Video-KYC.

ecek

TF Buzz
I recently applied for Axis Airtel Credit card and completed video KYC. The agent said the V-KYC is successful but I didn't get any message. When I check the Airtel Thanks App, it still says KYC pending. I don't have any reference to check with Axis directly. Is there anyway to track the application?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I recently applied for Axis Airtel Credit card and completed video KYC. The agent said the V-KYC is successful but I didn't get any message. When I check the Airtel Thanks App, it still says KYC pending. I don't have any reference to check with Axis directly. Is there anyway to track the application?
i applied on last week, 3 days later, I got a call for physical kyc. agent took pic n aadhaar authorization. so another cibil hit. my vkyc was successful too. it axis way.. for tracking.. you will receive application id.

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
Happened with me and lot of other people. If agent said, vkyc is successful, that's enough. Now just wait for a week or 2

vine

TF Premier
No relationship with Axis.
No relationship with Airtel.
Present or past.
Installed Thanks app just for this yesterday.

Yesterday applied for Axis Airtel Credit card and completed video KYC all in an hour.
Recieved sms that V-KYC is successful with application tracking number.
When I check the Airtel Thanks App, it still says KYC pending.
Hopefully if I get the card in a week, I will take it, if they delay or some extra dumb process, I will just ignore ig.

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
No relationship with Axis.
No relationship with Airtel.
Present or past.
Installed Thanks app just for this yesterday.

Yesterday applied for Axis Airtel Credit card and completed video KYC all in an hour.
Recieved sms that V-KYC is successful with application tracking number.
When I check the Airtel Thanks App, it still says KYC pending.
Hopefully if I get the card in a week, I will take it, if they delay or some extra dumb process, I will just ignore ig.
If it keeps saying kyc pending then it will transfer to physical kyc automatically after 2 days.

A person will come to your home address and take your pics and fingerprint for adhaar authentication kyc.

After that you will receive an application number starting with C1-

It will take a week to get approved and 2-3 working days to deliver to you physically.

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
If it keeps saying kyc pending then it will transfer to physical kyc automatically after 2 days.

A person will come to your home address and take your pics and fingerprint for adhaar authentication kyc.

It will take a week to get approved and 2-3 working days to deliver to you physically.
It will 2 to 3 weeks and decades to ddeliver the card.

vine

TF Premier

Surprise! Suprise!
Your card is under process
usually delivered within 6 working days after approval (12 nov 2023)
and
Card status shows as 'issued' and 'card shipped'
with 2.7L limit.

Last edited:

vine

TF Premier
Surprise! Suprise!
Your card is under process
usually delivered within 6 working days after approval (12 nov 2023)
and
Card status shows as 'issued' and 'card shipped'
with 2.7L limit.
Recieved the card on 20th. So it took about 10 days from request to receiving at home.

and I got MasterCard :(

Last edited:

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
on thanks app, other operator broadband bills cant be paid like jio, hathway, excite etc? Can anyone confirm. I was planning to switch broadband from airtel to jio to max out this 25% cahback returns bcoz capping upto 300 is already acheivable by airtel dth,mobile bills etc.

Cashback is credited straight into your card bill statement