• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Shocking Decrease in SBI's credit Limit!!

Pujaari

TF Select
Hey folks, do yourself a favor and take a peek at your credit limit in SBI cards. You might be in for a rude awakening, like I was. They slashed my limit to such a low amount, I can barely afford a bag of peanuts. Literally. 🥜😂

4L to 14k😂. Just hoping its some technical glitch. Have mailed to cc anyways

Credit limit restored for Cashback CC also now. SBI just playing games. CL reduced and restored in 2 days.
did you write any email or had a call with their customer executive? For me they bluntly said it's because of "Internal risk factor". Not sure if they have said the same for others as well and despite, people had their limit restored.

As per the SOP, and as suggested by RBI, all Credit Card issuing entities must review the Contingent risk factor, for every customer, at periodic intervals.
Many do follow this, but in breach.
RBI (and the ITD too) is reiterating this quite often - and now insisting - because of increased defaults n vanishing users.

Did you get any sms for limit restore or you checked manually on app?
Checked manually. I had got limit decrease SMS for both my SBI cards. And then subsequently got limit increase SMS on my other card. But that was also few hours "after" the actual increase. Haven't got any SMS yet but will possibly get it later during the day

Increase percentage?
I had 2.5L limit across my 2 Cards - 1L on Gold & More & 1.5L on Cashback (This is after I had received Cashback card with paltry 20k limit and transferred some limit from my old Gold & More card to Cashback)

It was cut down to 25k - both cards in total put together :)

Now my 1L is restored on Gold & More and I got 2.5L on Cashback :)

Back