• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Shoot your Queries and Worries about HDFC Bank

avis_

TF Premier
Greetings Community Members,

I have received an Invite to attend the HDFC General Discussion and Feedback meeting with HDFC Senior Management. I would like to gather some of your Feedback and Bad Experiences you have gone through while banking with HDFC Bank. The Meeting is scheduled for 4pm tomorrow. I will try to address all the queries posted as a reply to this thread in that meeting.

I have received an Invite to attend the HDFC General Discussion and Feedback meeting with HDFC Senior Management. I would like to gather some of your Feedback and Bad Experiences you have gone through while banking with HDFC Bank. The Meeting is scheduled for 4pm tomorrow. I will try to address all the queries posted as a reply to this thread in that meeting.
Regarding credit card applications - Showing LTF - striking out JF/AF and then in small font, adding below on a spend of X amount. This is conditional LTF depending on spends and not totally LTF. Us forum members know HDFC, but normal janta gets trapped

If check for eligibility for credit card also cibil is getting effecting , it is good that the cibil to be affected only affect after the card was approved

Ill practice of hitting a cibil even to check a pre-aproved card offer on netbanking......only to find that the offered card is some lower variant of the card that you already have!!

RM channel is good for nothing...always pushing for cross selling crap products. In case of a service requirement, they have worst product knowledge nd ask the customer to visit a branch

Their credit card application process needs to improve a lot. The process for other banks like Axis, ICICI and even small finance banks like AU is very seamless and miles ahead of HDFC.

Atleast my experience with it has been horrible at best, despite having a salary account with them and being a preferred member. RMs are of no help in this, and only serve to just stick us with some insurance or other products.

1. Firstly, why do I need to apply for card through some agents to get LTF card when I am eligible for it? Why can't this be integrated into online portal itself and be made seamless and efficient for all?
  2. Furthermore, why do I need to attend 2 verification calls after applying. And if I miss one of them, my application gets rejected - atleast I wasn't contacted again and my first application was rejected because of some identity verification failure. Just send a link for video kyc and complete whatever is required there itself.
  3. Moreover, why do people need to visit my house for address verification and then also for biometric verification? And if am not home during that time, my application gets rejected. And even my address needs to be within 150KM of my office address - why? Just complete whatever verification is required through video kyc and any other online means if required, just like any other modern bank.
  4. Now, when I appeal for re-consideration through grievance email, why tf do I need to send my address proofs and other documents to Chennai cards division for verification through post!? Who tf uses it these days! And why can't you do it through email or some portal like any normal bank?

Last edited:
Their credit card application process needs to improve a lot. The process for other banks like Axis, AU, ICICI is very seamless and miles ahead of HDFC.

Why do I need to apply through agents to get LTF card when I am eligible for it? Why can't this be integrated into their online portal?
Furthermore, why do I need to attend 2 verification calls after applying. And if I miss one of them, my application gets rejected. Just send a link for video kyc and complete whatever is required there itself.
Moreover, why do people need to visit my house for address verification and then also biometric verification? And if am not home during that time, my application gets rejected. Just complete whatever verification is required through online means like any other modern bank.
Now, when I appeal for re-consideration through grievance email, why tf do I need to send my address proofs and other documents to Chennai cards division for verification through post!? Who uses it these days and why can't you do it through email or some portal like any normal bank?
Sorry but none of these happened for me when I applied for HDFC Diners Privilege, Diners Black, Tate Neu, Infinia :)

Mobile banking app like ICICI...
App facility for all, even for non saving account holders too... Like ICICI app can be be used only for loan or CC...
Also too much of portal update & migration issues / rewards ponts transfer&redemption @ card upgradation time.
Re-KYC & holding the account without proper customer intimation
Online Query/application status display with proper details.
Customer response time line and replies after studying customer issues properly/in detail.. No-standard ball diversion replies.
Card Quality.
Proper RM support for account holders.

Back