• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Shoot your Queries and Worries about HDFC Bank

avis_

TF Premier
Greetings Community Members,

I have received an Invite to attend the HDFC General Discussion and Feedback meeting with HDFC Senior Management. I would like to gather some of your Feedback and Bad Experiences you have gone through while banking with HDFC Bank. The Meeting is scheduled for 4pm tomorrow. I will try to address all the queries posted as a reply to this thread in that meeting.

So guys here is the update after the meeting. I took more time than all the other customers to address the points I have taken from this thread as well. Actually they told they are gonna form some committee with the members joined today.

After the HDFC Merger, their senior management has become serious, they were flaunting that they are the worlds 4th Largest bank.

It was told that they have revisited all the Authority RM had and we need not reach any other channels (Customer Care, Redressal Team, even Branch) for anything. If not addressed by the RM then Reach the RM's Manager or his VP.

I highlighted the Credit Limit Enhancement Issue. He was like it is very simple you can request it to your RM and not a complicated process. 🧐

Regarding the APP/NB issues I have highlighted, he told new NB design is being rolled out. I told I was using it already and the Response time was very high for checking anything. for which he said he will arrange call with Technical team.

For all remaining queries he made a note and said he will call back.

All other customers had nothing to complain about HDFC and they were praising the Bank. I was the Odd one out. 😑

Thank you all for responding to this Thread.

So guys here is the update after the meeting. I took more time than all the other customers to address the points I have taken from this thread as well. Actually they told they are gonna form some committee with the members joined today.

After the HDFC Merger, their senior management has become serious, they were flaunting that they are the worlds 4th Largest bank.

It was told that they have revisited all the Authority RM had and we need not reach any other channels (Customer Care, Redressal Team, even Branch) for anything. If not addressed by the RM then Reach the RM's Manager or his VP.

I highlighted the Credit Limit Enhancement Issue. He was like it is very simple you can request it to your RM and not a complicated process. 🧐

Regarding the APP/NB issues I have highlighted, he told new NB design is being rolled out. I told I was using it already and the Response time was very high for checking anything. for which he said he will arrange call with Technical team.

All other customers had nothing to complain about HDFC and they were praising the Bank. I was the Odd one out. 😑

Interesting where do we get rm manager and his vp details.

Interesting where do we get rm manager and his vp details.
Ok, for this definitely you would have received the Welcome mail or any other promotional mails sent by your RM. You can find the RM's Manager in that mail with contact details.

you can also ask the RM to provide Manager Contact details/Mail. I have my RM's contact details. Even for emergencies outside of Business hours my RM's manager would respond to my calls and he is a polite person.

In the meeting too Senior Official Told, It's mandated to include their manager's contact in their respective Mail Signatures. So when you mail your RM's Manager you could get his Manager (VP) details.

Ok, for this definitely you would have received the Welcome mail or any other promotional mails sent by your RM. You can find the RM's Manager in that mail with contact details.

you can also ask the RM to provide Manager Contact details/Mail. I have my RM's contact details. Even for emergencies outside of Business hours my RM's manager would respond to my calls and he is a polite person.

In the meeting too Senior Official Told, It's mandated to include their manager's contact in their respective Mail Signatures. So when you mail your RM's Manager you could get his Manager (VP) details.
It's been years.I have never contacted by rm nor I have called them. Only by seeing account statement I remember rm exist that too. Can you share any use cases where rm is helpful for you?

Please consider HDFC loan entities as NRV for HDFC bank since both are merged now. Someone with high loan from HDFC should at least have some preference over just savings account holder since he is giving them earning business.
Please raise this point clearly.
I have home loan with ICICI does this help to extract any extra benefits w.r.t saving account of ICICI

It's been years.I have never contacted by rm nor I have called them. Only by seeing account statement I remember rm exist that too. Can you share any use cases where rm is helpful for you?
Apart from upgrading to Preferred and ltf regalia gold & for some loan purpose that i had called the RM in last 10 yrs of relationship with hdfc bank.

I have home loan with ICICI does this help to extract any extra benefits w.r.t saving account of ICICI
I know, it is too late to join the party and I only read a few of the posts in this thread..
From those what I gather is:
" You guys are basically asking them to stop doing their business I.e. making money from the financially illiterate or less knowledgeable and needy people or by some sort of trapping and cross selling.."
Good luck

2 - each level has different RM, to bother you constantly with shitty HDFC products. Classic is much better than Imperia, you will never be bothered by RM.
Not true. My RM is same since beginning. Had preferred initially then was out of classic/preferred/imperia as account had to be transferred to a branch without any of these. Now it's back to classic. Same RM all throughout. The funny thing, they're from a different state/city altogether.

Stupid bank, for 7 years since my salary stopped flowing , they didn't charge for AMB, suddenly from this month they mailed AMB will be charged. Imagine the income leakage all these years. Have closed the account. Good riddance.

My RM will keep me posted on the common SPAMS. Sometime back there was CC reward point scam going on. Which she alerted earlier.

Also changes in the policy w.r.t bank, cc, dc everything She informs me. Whenever there's expiry of reward points also she calls. She is a very sweet person. No means no she will not budge me further for any of the HDFC products.

She also keeps me posted on new product launches. She helped me to stop all the sales calls from HDFC by mailing some team on my behalf

If anyone wants to convert to classic, preferred or Imperia you can DM me. My RM will be your RM too (she can speak either Tamil or English only).

I think all RM's operating from Coimbatore city are very Gentle and Polite.

Last edited:

Except u.. others were BOT....

My RM will keep me posted on the common SPAMS. Sometime back there was CC reward point scam going on. Which she alerted earlier.

Also changes in the policy w.r.t bank, cc, dc everything She informs me. Whenever there's expiry of reward points also she calls. She is a very sweet person. No means no she will not budge me further for any of the HDFC products.

She also keeps me posted on new product launches. She helped me to stop all the sales calls from HDFC by mailing some team on my behalf

If anyone wants to convert to classic, preferred or Imperia you can DM me. My RM will be your RM too (she can speak either Tamil or English only).

I think all RM's operating from Coimbatore city are very Gentle and Polite.
How to DM you i want classic banking?

Back