• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I close current HDFC cc to get better LTF cc?

Hey everyone,

I currently own multiple HDFC cc as mentioned below with combined limit of 2.5L -
Millennia LTF
Swiggy FTF (with next years fee waiver limit achieved)
Neu Infinity FTF (with next years fee waiver limit achieved)

I have these cards issued 2-3 years back when I had lesser salary, at that time I got millennia LTF.
Now, i have better salary 32L+ and I read somewhere(plus suggested by an agent) if I close all my HDFC cc now, then after few months I will be able to get c2c LTF cc from HDFC which can be regalia, diner privilege, or may be DCB (i dont think so, but agent assured).

Need suggestions that should I go ahead with above approach because ultimate aim is Infinia and for that 10L limit is needed which I am not able to get on above cards, i have tried multiple times. Want to make sure, above closing all HDFC cc wont have any negative impact on my relation with HDFC for future cc, loan or cibil.

Till that time I have other good cards which I am using primary which are Axis Select LTF(6L limit) , AU Zenith LTF (8L limit). So, it wont affect me much except for swiggy and big basket benefits.

TIA

if I close all my HDFC cc now, then after few months I will be able to get c2c LTF cc from HDFC
This wont happen automatically ( I believe). I closed all my HDFC CC (year back), but haven't seen any pre-approved or targeted offer for any HDFC CC.
I had regalia & TATA Neu, both as LTF with over 10L as limit.

Based on forum insight, I would recommend keep the card and ask for limit enhancement & then seek upgrade.

Reach out to your corporate HDFC agent, as corporate agents can get better waivers based on corporate relations.
Also send email to grievance redressal with your latest payslips and ask for credit limit increase first, if successful with a good CL, then after a month or two, send email to the same grievance and ask for CC upgrade.
Threaten to close if you have to, but don't don't close.
IMO, after you get limit increase, and with your salary and if you can show appropriate spends for 6 months, you can get upgraded to DCB or Infinia.
IMO, you won't have to go to last resort to close all cards and apply as NTB.

I had closed my Moneyback + & Tata Neu+ with combined 50K limit only in January this year and in applied for Millennia via bank's card guy in April and eventually the application was changed to Moneyback Plus instead of Millennia and got rejected too. I'm maintaining decent amount from February and don't see any pre-approved card offer till now. Is there any chance of getting pre-approved offer again or should I apply for swiggy card on my own? If yes then when should I apply again?

Back