• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia Which HDFC ltf card should I close? Way for Infinia

MJN

TF Premier
DEVALUATION+ LTF CONVERSION

Based on receipt of your e-mail, we wish to inform you that we have converted your existing HDFC Bank Tata Neu Infinity - Rupay Credit Card ending **** to a lifetime free card. Going forward, no membership fee will be levied on the card account.

I would have closed this card if I would have got the devaluation mail some days back;

Now it's LTF; What to do?

Which card I should close now if I need to be in Road for Infinia?

HDFC REGALIA RUPAY LTF
HDFC IOCL RUPAY LTF
HDFC TATA NEU INFINITY RUPAY LTF

Every single change in T&Cs is called in fancy terms “Devaluation” now a days !!

yes, even I saw posts that HSBC devalued wherein actually its just name change. Its like receiving mail from bank means devaluation now a days.

If these minor things "devaluation" :D then we need to rename the changes made in AXS and IDCF cards. Whats worst than devaluation?

yes, even I saw posts that HSBC devalued wherein actually its just name change. Its like receiving mail from bank means devaluation now a days.

If these minor things "devaluation" :D then we need to rename the changes made in AXS and IDCF cards. Whats worst than devaluation?
Technically, what Axis does is not "devaluation" it's "destruction"

Technically, what Axis does is not "devaluation" it's "destruction"

Actually liked the term for AXS. Let me know any word for IDCF cards ( its more than destruction, IMO. actually buried all their LTF cards with single change).

Never saw any bank deal with their LTF cards in that way, because of that now we have second thoughts whenever anything available as LTF* because its no use even if available as LTF.

Tried again with the same format. I'm preferred salary account holder. Got the card in september 2023. Spent 4L in last 9 months.

Got rejected again with following reply

Dear Mr. ******,

Thank you for writing to us.

This is with reference to your e-mail dated June 25, 2024 with Subject line: Conversion of tata neu card to lifetime free.

We understand the cocnern, we clarify you that the TATA neu infinity is a co branded card. Hence, the membership fee is applicable as per conditions.

From second year onwards, if you spend Rs. 300000.00 within previous year then the renewal membership fees Rs. 1499.00 will be waived off.
At this time, HDFC is not converting anything to LTF.

I think even if someone tells them that either convert to LTF or I will close the card may result in card closure.

Is there any issue (for cibil) if I close tata neu plus within few months?. It's already reported in cibil report for 2 months payments. Only used it for couple of transactions, requested for close last week, it's not showing up in hdfc bank now.

If I close all my 3 LTF cards (Regalia,IOCL, Infinity) now ? Will they offer me Regalia Gold LTF or Diners Black FYF after 6 months as I am a preferred salary customer of hdfc last 12 years?

If I close all my 3 LTF cards (Regalia,IOCL, Infinity) now ? Will they offer me Regalia Gold LTF or Diners Black FYF after 6 months as I am a preferred salary customer of hdfc last 12 years?

Nope, it doesn't work that way, fight while you can for upgrades. LTF depends on luck

Reactions: MJN
Ok I will close IOCL atleast for now; Once my RM told me that as I am having 3 cards asked me to close any of one to get LE or Upgrades in future;

Will try and update

word of advice: do not trust RMs (thiugh I do not know your RM, maybe he/she was good, in general do not trust)

Reactions: MJN
Tried again with the same format. I'm preferred salary account holder. Got the card in september 2023. Spent 4L in last 9 months.

Got rejected again with following reply

Dear Mr. ******,

Thank you for writing to us.

This is with reference to your e-mail dated June 25, 2024 with Subject line: Conversion of tata neu card to lifetime free.

We understand the cocnern, we clarify you that the TATA neu infinity is a co branded card. Hence, the membership fee is applicable as per conditions.

From second year onwards, if you spend Rs. 300000.00 within previous year then the renewal membership fees Rs. 1499.00 will be waived off.

escalate to next level..

this time, mention your relationship years (if more than 3), spends on your Infinia card (if significant), any other activities with bank (p.loan, h.loan etc.) and finally savings relationship (if its solid).

If didn't worked escalate to next level (or level 3) same with if any info. missing last time.

-----------

still didn't worked, might try after 3 months (same Levl 1 to Lev3), since you spent 4L you have 14 months time to get another renewal. Mostly this card won't survive that long but still if needed can try after every 3 months.

with Infinia, I'm hoping you're using this card for UPI only. and this is the only card using round down on UPI so getting points under 100.

after 2 years, mostly all bank UPI cards ask for min. 2000 spends to get the rewards. so, still if needed try above route.

Closed HDFC iocl ltf and got activated imperia banking which I have got the invite after closing 1 of 3 cards

Cc limit - 4.98 L

Tata neu infinity using regularly, Not using Regalia

What is the way forward?

Back