• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I get more credit cards or not?

Pradumya

TF Premier
Hi everyone

I am a normal spender, my spends are mentioned below -
1. Electricity - via gpay - average 700₹ per month
2. LPG cylinder - via gpay - average ₹800 bimonthly (if booked on 17 march then next booking on 17 may)
3. Health insurance - either through direct or Amazon pay - ₹7000 once a year
4. Mobile recharge - via Amazon pay - (a). ₹2999 once a year. (b). ₹666 per quarter.
5. Property tax - via direct website - ₹7500 once a year.
6. Motor insurance - via policybazaar - ₹4000 once a year.
7. DTH recharge - wherever I get offer - ₹3500 per year.
8. Medicines (offline) - ₹500 per month
9. Fastag - via gpay - ₹1000 divided through out the year.
10. College fees - via SBI collect portal - ₹75K per semester.

I have the following cards which I use often for the above transactions-
1. SBI cashback with lowest limit of 10K (mostly for Amazon pay transactions)
2. Tata Neu Plus - ₹43K (not used much)
3. PNB RuPay Select - ₹80K (only for offline UPI spends)
4. Axis Ace - ₹1.3L (on gpay transactions)
5. AU RuPay Platinum DC (I use it on Friday on Amazon pay)

Let me know if I can get any other card to gain much more. I prefer such cards where I can recover the joining/annual fee via cashback. I prefer to utilise reward points in statement credit.

My CIBIL - 781 (As on 12 April 2024)
Experian - 800 (refreshed today after v3 update)
Equifax - 821 (As on 15 April 2024)
CRIF - 801 (As on 15 April 2024)
No Salary or ITR (I am a student right now) Also no skills to get job in future.
Pincode - 492001

Also if I should do something else with the transactions. These are the transactions I do. Yes some miscellaneous spends happen here and there which I cannot calculate.

Thank you for your time and suggestions.

Last edited:

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
Hi everyone

2. LPG cylinder - via gpay - average ₹800 bimonthly (if booked on 17 march then next booking on 17 may)
4. Mobile recharge - via Amazon pay - (a). ₹2999 once a year. (b). ₹666 per quarter.

Let me know if I can get any other card to gain much more. I prefer such cards where I can recover the joining/annual fee via cashback. I prefer to utilise reward points in statement credit.

Also if I should do something else with the transactions. These are the transactions I do. Yes some miscellaneous spends happen here and there which I cannot calculate.

What is your occupation and salary? Issuance of new card depends on them.

drsel

TF Legend
Get Axis Airtel for your electricity, gas and mobile recharge (you can switch to Airtel).
use this along with Axis Ace on Gpay and SBI cashback
you don't need the other cards you have

sidp

TF Ace
Hi everyone

Axis airtel can be a good addition.
I guess you are a student. If you are <25, you can get hdfc digi youth account. Hdfc esp dc has 1% cb till 750, with your spend millenia dc could be better. Digi youth has 2.5k mab. Savings max has 25k mab with free dc.

@DocFixIt is millenia free with digi youth?

How much is your fuel spend? If >10k/yr, which will be most likely. Icici Hpcl super saver rupay could be good option. Or check if you could get axis iocl ltf/fyf. Sbi bpcl is another option but paid.

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I guess you are a student. If you are <25, you can get hdfc digi youth account. Hdfc esp dc has 1% cb till 750, with your spend millenia dc could be better. Digi youth has 2.5k mab. Savings max has 25k mab with free dc.

Yes for first year and
6 month no - non maintenance charge

Pradumya

TF Premier
Get Axis Airtel for your electricity, gas and mobile recharge (you can switch to Airtel).
use this along with Axis Ace on Gpay and SBI cashback
you don't need the other cards you have

Thank you for your suggestions. Airtel doesn't have reliable network range in my area. Even Jio lags sometimes. But I can live with Jio. Airtel is mostly on 1 bar or no network.

sidp

TF Ace
Thank you for your suggestions. Airtel doesn't have reliable network range in my area. Even Jio lags sometimes. But I can live with Jio. Airtel is mostly on 1 bar or no network.

How much is your fuel spend? If >10k/yr, which will be most likely. Icici Hpcl super saver rupay could be good option. Or check if you could get axis iocl ltf/fyf. Sbi bpcl is another option but paid.
Check the edited comment

Pradumya

TF Premier

Check the edited comment
Yes
My father is now retired (earlier the fuel would be 15liters/month now that is gone) and I don't even leave the house for months.
So fuel spends may not be 10k/year. Probably like ₹300/month.

Pradumya

TF Premier
How to get PNB CC without income proof?
Go through the below
I opened my first bank account with PNB because my father's account was there. It was 2019.
Since then the account had 25K AMB through out till 2021.
From 2021 the average monthly balance got up to 40k.
I applied for a PNB credit card in Feb 2023 which got rejected.
Then in September 2023 I got a WhatsApp message from PNB that pre qualified offer is available on my account for credit card. (Attached screenshot of WhatsApp) Screenshot_20240402-182051~2.png
I applied via that and got no joining fee offer and 80,000 limit. It was instant approval, no documents, just 10 minutes process. The only card without a vkyc.
The average balance is between 30k to 40k since 2021.

Update - Oriental Bank of commerce also got merged with PNB. I had an account there as well. So combining both accounts the AMB would be around 45k only.
In short I got it pre qualified after three years of my bank account.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi @DocFixIt
I saw you in other threads and feel you are a legend.

Please Let me know if I use my Axis Ace (1.3L) for C2C in HDFC for Millenia CC LTF, will they ask for income docs for C2C? Cibil is 781 right now.
You can try C2C in hdfc ..
But they might give u millniea or not is very subjective question.
No one knows even employee don't ..
Best is pre approved offer in account .

Get Kotak ,idfc , indusind C2C...
Even sbi will give 70% of your limit

sidp

TF Ace
Yes
My father is now retired (earlier the fuel would be 15liters/month now that is gone) and I don't even leave the house for months.
So fuel spends may not be 10k/year. Probably like ₹300/month.
You should try to increase limit of sbi using c2c for another sbi card, one which has low fee or give joining bonus.( I have don't have any sbi cc.) Axis/hdfc match & share limit of all cards to highest cl cc. Not sure about sbi.