• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I Upgrade Diners club miles to Privilege?

pro2typ

TF Buzz
Hi,

I have a Life Time Free Diners club miles for the past 5 years and have the current limit of more than 3.5L merged with a LTF HDFC Neu Infinity Rupay card (activated June 2023).

I am getting an upgrade offer on the HDFC app for Diners Club Privilege with ₹2500 joining and ₹2500 annual fee.
Should I upgrade or keep the LTF club miles? Or is there any other route I can take?
I have other cards so don't usually use this card much also acceptance in places is low, but having cards for lounge access is always worth keeping the card around (currently domestic, probably international too in the future).
Thanks in advance for your comments.

Hi,

I have a Life Time Free Diners club miles for the past 5 years and have the current limit of more than 3.5L merged with a LTF HDFC Neu Infinity Rupay card (activated June 2023).

I am getting an upgrade offer on the HDFC app for Diners Club Privilege with ₹2500 joining and ₹2500 annual fee.
Should I upgrade or keep the LTF club miles? Or is there any other route I can take?
I have other cards so don't usually use this card much also acceptance in places is low, but having cards for lounge access is always worth keeping the card around (currently domestic, probably international too in the future).
Thanks in advance for your comments.
See it depends up on certain things.I am covering point by point.

1.If you have an eye on DCB then go for upgrade as from DCP there are better chance to get DCB.With club miles its hard to get DCB.

2.If you are able to spend above 3L on this then accept the upgrade.If not, its better to stay with Club Miles as it needs you to spend only Rs.1L for the annual fee waiver.

3.If you are converting your RP to Airmiles with your Club mile then better stay with Club Miles as it converts with 1:1 (RPto Air miles) as Diners Privilege converts as 2:1. Or maybe you can simply transfer all points to airmiles and then upgrade.

4.DCP has better return and reward then Club miles.

5.DCP has better reward rate as well as Quarterly milestone benifits than club miles.

6.RP conversion rate will be 1:1 if you considering for upgarde.

7.With DCP you will get 8 Complimentary Airport lounge access worldwide for primary and add-on card members subjected to spends of Rs. 15,000 in previous calendar quarter but with club miles you will get 6.

Final thought better stick with your LTF club miles as DCP have got devaluation recently and Paid upgrade for the same is not a good idea as you are not using this card that much.

Last edited:
See it depends up on certain things.I am covering point by point.

1.If you have an eye on DCB then go for upgrade as from DCP there are better chance to get DCB.With club miles its hard to get DCB.

2.If you are able to spend above 3L on this then accept the upgrade.If not, its better to stay with Club Miles as it needs you to spend only Rs.1L for the annual fee waiver.

3.If you are converting your RP to Airmiles with your Club mile then better stay with Club Miles as it converts with 1:1 (RPto Air miles) as Diners Privilege converts as 2:1. Or maybe you can simply transfer all points to airmiles and then upgrade.

4.DCP has better return and reward then Club miles.

5.DCP has better reward rate as well as Quarterly milestone benifits than club miles.

6.RP conversion rate will be 1:1 if you considering for upgarde.

7.With DCP you will get 8 Complimentary Airport lounge access worldwide for primary and add-on card members subjected to spends of Rs. 15,000 in previous calendar quarter but with club miles you will get 6.

Final thought better stick with your LTF club miles as DCP have got devaluation recently and Paid upgrade for the same is not a good idea as you are not using this card that much.
Thanks for the recommendations. 👍

Reactions: Rkr
I thought they discontinued Diners Club Miles. I had that for 3 years and during the renewal, they sent me an email saying Club miles variant is being discontinued and hence all club miles holders are converted to Diners Millennia Lifetimefree version. How are you still having Diners Club miles?

I'd say to keep club miles because after the recent devaluation of Privilege, it's not worth 2500 per year. Clubmiles on the other hand offers 6 lounge access(no quarterly restriction afaik) and better conversion ratio of reward points to airmiles.

I thought they discontinued Diners Club Miles. I had that for 3 years and during the renewal, they sent me an email saying Club miles variant is being discontinued and hence all club miles holders are converted to Diners Millennia Lifetimefree version. How are you still having Diners Club miles?

I'd say to keep club miles because after the recent devaluation of Privilege, it's not worth 2500 per year. Clubmiles on the other hand offers 6 lounge access(no quarterly restriction afaik) and better conversion ratio of reward points to airmiles.
Yes, they discontinued it but existing cards are not affected. They've been pushing hard for millenia card though but I kept the miles card just for the fun of having a diners card.

Will keep the miles card for the time being, let's see what happens on cars expiry which is sometime next year. Hopefully they'll upgrade to some LTF card only.

Same here. Was due for renewal and was expecting DC Privilege. Received millenia instead

Back