• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I upgrade or not?

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
I am holding HDFC Moneyback card LTF with limit of 11L and recently got Tata Neu Infinity card with shared limit. So for HDFC haven't offered any upgrade for my moneyback and today I got upgrade offer to FYF Millenia.
Since Tata Neu Infinity card provides 5% on billpay and I am already holding Amazon ICICI & Axis Flipkart as LTF, I don't see any use in upgrading to FYF Millenia. I can take it if it is LTF as Moneyback card is useless.
I am holding a salary account with hdfc for 10+ years. Is there anyway to convert this to LTF Card?

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
I am holding HDFC Moneyback card LTF with limit of 11L and recently got Tata Neu Infinity card with shared limit. So for HDFC haven't offered any upgrade for my moneyback and today I got upgrade offer to FYF Millenia.
Since Tata Neu Infinity card provides 5% on billpay and I am already holding Amazon ICICI & Axis Flipkart as LTF, I don't see any use in upgrading to FYF Millenia. I can take it if it is LTF as Moneyback card is useless.
I am holding a salary account with hdfc for 10+ years. Is there anyway to convert this to LTF Card?
Money back with 11L !!!!

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
Money back with 11L !!!!
haha, I know how it sounds. :p
Was using HDFC CC from 2014 or something, was initially some platinum card which got upgraded to moneyback after a year or sor. Post that, got lot of limit enhancement and LTF upgrades, took all LEs and ignored all upgrades as I was novice and thought "MoneyBack" will give money back and other cards won't give it back as rewards. For last 2 years, trying to get upgrade but HDFC not providing any LTF upgrades. For the last 6 months, they even denied providing any sort of upgrades but today got FYF offer again. But still it isn't of any use to me as I moved most of my spends to Amex MRCC, SBI BPCL and SC Ultimate. So looking to take it only if it is LTF. any chance to get them to offer it as LTF?

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
haha, I know how it sounds. :p
Was using HDFC CC from 2014 or something, was initially some platinum card which got upgraded to moneyback after a year or sor. Post that, got lot of limit enhancement and LTF upgrades, took all LEs and ignored all upgrades as I was novice and thought "MoneyBack" will give money back and other cards won't give it back as rewards. For last 2 years, trying to get upgrade but HDFC not providing any LTF upgrades. For the last 6 months, they even denied providing any sort of upgrades but today got FYF offer again. But still it isn't of any use to me as I moved most of my spends to Amex MRCC, SBI BPCL and SC Ultimate. So looking to take it only if it is LTF. any chance to get them to offer it as LTF?
You can Request them to give Ltf credit card
Take Millenia cc after 3 to 6 month on your request they can make it ltf

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
You can Request them to give Ltf credit card
Take Millenia cc after 3 to 6 month on your request they can make it ltf
only problem is, this is my oldest cc with almost 8 or 9 years usage. I recently closed my next old card last month -citi IOCL. So I don't want to lose this card if they don't want to give Millenia LTF later and don;t have any spends tagged to it at this point to cross 1L for waiver. :S that's why the confusion. next old card I got is just 3 years old

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
only problem is, this is my oldest cc with almost 8 or 9 years usage. I recently closed my next old card last month -citi IOCL. So I don't want to lose this card if they don't want to give Millenia LTF later and don;t have any spends tagged to it at this point to cross 1L for waiver. :S that's why the confusion.
Do you want HDFC as your main driving card or want to use just HDFC offers.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I won't suggest you to anything but a super premium card.
If you have spent around 8L in the last 6 months, you can directly ask Infinia. They will gladly do it.
If RM/BM doesn't agree, follow the escalation matrix.

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
haha
Same journey except I stuck at one point with Times Titanium with more than your limit and they didn't even upgraded to Platinum Times (both are useless at that time)..

When requested they offered Millennia FYF and then requested for LTF based on association (do not have any relationship with bank, except loans and credit card), took some mails but they agreed.

You just need patience and try. Mention salary account in mails.

Else

Continue spending on Infinity and wait for Super premium Upgrade oneday.

Same like you don't want to close because oldest card and disappointed when bank not providing upgrade. and next oldest card Citi too but didn't closed (that is randomly shuffling in last 2 and half year).
this helps bro, good to see someone on the same page. Decided not to mail now, will create few FDs for 1 lakh each in the next 1-2 months to increase NRV and then will wait for another month and will drop an email, and i have to do it all over again to make infinity LTF. So there is this dilemma of which email i should write first :p started using infinity a bit as it is my only rupay card, got some planned spends in the next few months

0xfallup

TF Ace
bro you can get infinia easily , if you have good spends last few month , just send a upgradation from to Chennai 🙂 (have read successfull cases and it may cost only around 50-100₹) and second thing bro just mail Tata neu team to make it Ltf , they did mine in a single mail

AlgoTrader

TF Ace
bro you can get infinia easily , if you have good spends last few month , just send a upgradation from to Chennai 🙂 (have read successfull cases and it may cost only around 50-100₹) and second thing bro just mail Tata neu team to make it Ltf , they did mine in a single mail
thanks for the reply bro.I will wait for few months and then will ask them for upgrade on moneyback card
So for infinity card, I should mail tata neu team and not hdfc? can I have the mail ID you used? did you do any significant spends before asking for LTF conversion? and how long ago you did this ?