• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should I upgrade to Atlas?

rodeoSRP

TF Premier
Banker
Hey TFians,

I got an upgrade offer for ATLAS but I am confused whether I should opt for it. Requesting your views.

I go on a foreign vacation once a year. Also, I use different CCs for various purposes and mostly I use CCs that provides instant discount. I have never been into the miles/edge rewards game yet.

The following are the list of cards I hold. Please suggest if getting atlas (paid card) will be fruitful or can I make the best out of my existing cards itself.

1. HDFC MIillenia Mastercard world
  2. HDFC Tata Neu Infinity Rupay (FYF)
  3. ICICI Sapphiro Mastercard
  4. ICICI Sapphiro Amex
  5. ICICI Rubyx Visa Signature
  6. ICICI Coral Rupay
  7. Federal One card Visa Metal Signature
  8. Axis MyZone Visa
  9. Axis Neo Mastercard
  10. IndusInd Legend Visa Signature
  11. RBL Icon Visa
  12. BoB Premier JCB Rupay Select
  13. SBI Simply Click Mastercard (FYF)
  14. American Express MRCC Amex (FYF)
  15. Yes Reserv Mastercard

Hey TFians,

I got an upgrade offer for ATLAS but I am confused whether I should opt for it. Requesting your views.

I go on a foreign vacation once a year. Also, I use different CCs for various purposes and mostly I use CCs that provides instant discount. I have never been into the miles/edge rewards game yet.

The following are the list of cards I hold. Please suggest if getting atlas (paid card) will be fruitful or can I make the best out of my existing cards itself.

4. ICICI Sapphiro Amex
  6. ICICI Coral Rupay
  8. Axis MyZone Visa
  9. Axis Neo Mastercard
  11. RBL Icon Visa
Can you share your spend pattern for better suggestions?
If you are spending around 15L per year Atlas will be a great option. Also, travel spends on Atlas will give you more returns.

Hey TFians,

4. ICICI Sapphiro Amex
  6. ICICI Coral Rupay
  8. Axis MyZone Visa
  9. Axis Neo Mastercard
  11. RBL Icon Visa
Since you are not into hotel miles and FFP, you can give it a skip.

Can you share your spend pattern for better suggestions?
If you are spending around 15L per year Atlas will be a great option. Also, travel spends on Atlas will give you more returns.
My spends won’t cross more than 10L a year. The maximum of it will be for booking flights and accommodation for the trip. Next category I spend the most is for groceries and utilities.

Hey TFians,

4. ICICI Sapphiro Amex
  6. ICICI Coral Rupay
  8. Axis MyZone Visa
  9. Axis Neo Mastercard
  11. RBL Icon Visa
N o o
Don't give business to axis

Reserve is good for once in blue moon travel .
I don't think u shop offline too much so apay will even take care of it

Don't upgrade it's a L card after 2500 miles on joining instead of 5k miles

If u don't spend atleast 5-6 lakh u won't get juice out of it and other ways to exploit has stopped

Last edited by a moderator:
My spends won’t cross more than 10L a year. The maximum of it will be for booking flights and accommodation for the trip. Next category I spend the most is for groceries and utilities.
Then Skip the Atlas Card, you can get AIRTEL Axis or Ace for Utilities & for groceries get a card where you can extract 5-10% return based on your spends.
Also, if you travel via Vistara or Air India mainly then get the co-branded card with SBI, Axis, or IDFC.

N o o
Don't give business to axis

Reserve is good for once in blue moon travel .
I don't think u shop offline too much so apay will even take care of it

Don't upgrade it's a L card after 2500 miles on joining instead of 5k miles

If u don't spend atleast 5-6 lakh u won't get juice out of it and other ways to exploit has stopped
Granted, its no longer as good as it used to be, but calling it a L card would be doing it injustice. For someone who's into travel, it's still a great card. 2500 miles pay for the joining fees, even more right now with 25% bonus on Accor conversion as 6250 Accor points would be worth 11250 INR. If someone can spend upto 3 lakh, they will get back the renewal fees as 2500 milestone EMs. And a flat return of 10% points on travel transactions and 4% on other transactions is pretty good, all things considered. For someone who is not eligible for Infinia or DCB, Atlas is a far easier card to get with equally good returns on travel spends, if not better.

Back