• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Should one get SBI Vistara Prime Credit Card now ?

JustMak

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I had been considering applying for the SBI Vistara Prime Credit Card for a while, but with the upcoming merger of the Club Vistara program with Air India’s Frequent Flyer Program (FFP), I'm unsure if this is the best choice. Would it be wiser to go directly for the SBI Air India Platinum Credit Card instead, or would it be more beneficial to make use of transfer benefits? Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

But SBI card comes with lot of conditions, that you first have to make a payed booking, etc. With Vistara, there won't be any such conditions. So won't it make sense if one may get SBI Vistara Prime CC now, enjoy the welcome benefits (possibly even 3000 bonus points with 75000 spend), and get the voucher transferred (if not utilized by then). Just a thought.

I guess it would be more clear once we know what they plan to do with SBI Vistara Prime credit card post this merger.

I had been considering applying for the SBI Vistara Prime Credit Card for a while, but with the upcoming merger of the Club Vistara program with Air India’s Frequent Flyer Program (FFP), I'm unsure if this is the best choice. Would it be wiser to go directly for the SBI Air India Platinum Credit Card instead, or would it be more beneficial to make use of transfer benefits? Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated!
With transition round the corner I would say it would still make sense, it has lowest joining fee and it would immediately give you 1 premium economy ticket (and you will get time to use it even when it merges to Air India) , And if you have spend plans in near term to cross milestones will give you more tickets and you get silver status and it helps if you have immediate travel plans. It has slightly better points ratio than Flying returns. What will happen to co-branding, it has not been spelt out and what direction it takes, no one knows, so might not be able to get maximum out of the card, if you are looking at complete year, but it still might turn out favourable who knows. But have read poor experience (from past) about Air India card. Otherwise wait for the merger story to play out before you decide, it could be just few months.

Agreed, and thanks! But once merger is completed then likely won't be able to get Vistara CC, as Vistara won't be there anymore ;), and may loose out on those benefits. Have decided to go ahead and apply. Not even sure if they are accepting new applications, but will give it a try.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Can anyone also confirm benefits of add-on card. Would add-on card holder also get CV Silver membership and Activation / Milestone benefits? I am assuming that there will be no complimentary ticket voucher.

I got this card recently but managed to spend 3L till now … jewellery spend is also considered for milestone and cv points ( I utilised it thoroughly) … considering the merger ahead … if you get this card now and spend aggressively till 3L or 4.5L … then it’s full paisa vasool … i got 2PE + 1PE joining vouchers … booked flight for upcoming trip in September for Goa.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

But SBI card comes with lot of conditions, that you first have to make a payed booking, etc. With Vistara, there won't be any such conditions. So won't it make sense if one may get SBI Vistara Prime CC now, enjoy the welcome benefits (possibly even 3000 bonus points with 75000 spend), and get the voucher transferred (if not utilized by then). Just a thought.

I guess it would be more clear once we know what they plan to do with SBI Vistara Prime credit card post this merger.
best option wd be to wait.. let things settle.. there are good travel cards that are not linked to any one airline.. try them

Back