• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SimplyClick Application Rejected - No Reason

nayra

TF Premier
So on 15th August I applied for SBI SimplyClick via Cashkaro - Sprint Page. Received instant rejection (even before CIBIL hit SMS reached me, I thought they rejected without even checking my credit profile!?)
- Directly mailed to PNO, to consider again, 750+ CIBIL, timely payments, or at least provide reason.
- Received a reply and call to provide income proof for trying again
- Again rejected, tried to mention RBI guidelines but no reason provided, same generic response:
The reason for decline of your credit card application is a business decision, taken in good faith and
certainly in no way, is indicative of your credit worthiness.
- One mail told me to apply after one month:
We regret to inform you that basis our organization internal policy, your card application number xxxx has been declined and we are unable to re-consider the same. We request you to Reapply again after 1 month from the date of application Decline.
- but when I pointed out there won't be much changes in my profile, if you let me know the reason, I can understand whether to pursue or not, the reply mail said this lol:
May we advise you to apply fresh for New SBI card after 3 to 6 months from www.sbicard.com

- Now after more than a month got a mail saying same reason but I can go for an FD Backed card.

1726849506230.webp

Is there any hope for RBI Ombudsman to hear this case properly? I've seen many members saying its useless to try anything from SBI but also saw on post where they got compensated, but people still commented that it was an unusual case and they've been lucky.
Not hellbent on getting the card but applied to get an SBI before my profile gets overleveraged (which it is now due to HDFC shared limit) so if possible Im thinking of seeing this to end, if there's hope.

RBIO deals with Credit Card related things too. I have used it to remove wrong CIBIL enquiries and to know rejection reason.

The thing you need to do to go to RBIO is:

Mail customer care, and not directly PNO or anyone high in hierarchy, asking for the credit card application rejection reason. Don't ask them to reconsider the application, etc.

Keep escalating by following the hierarchy till they tell you the rejection reason and then finally go to RBIO with all emails if they don't.

Do not apply again to any credit cards before you fix the reason.

Last edited:
RBIO deals with Credit Card related things too. I have used it to remove wrong CIBIL enquiries and to know rejection reason.

The thing you need to do to go to RBIO is:

Mail customer care, and not directly PNO or anyone high in hierarchy, asking for the credit card application rejection reason. Don't ask them to reconsider the application, etc.

Keep escalating by following the hierarchy till they tell you the rejection reason and then finally go to RBIO with all emails.

Do not apply again to any credit cards before you fix the reason.
While my hierarchy was messed up, I have mails with PNO, NO, CustomerServicesHead, but yeah might not be having only rejection reason without consideration.
Should I start from scratch again? What's the hierarchy?
Here its customercare -> nodalofficer, but I have mails with customercarehead and pno too. Phone number is outdated too it seems.

And I think most likely rejection is overleverage (SBI level), due to HDFC Core and Rupay card showing double the limit. I had Onecard that was soon going to be added to credit profile, so tried my luck before that. But there's always an another possibility.

Since you have already went through all this, maybe give a try by once reaching out to PNO one more time asking for the rejection reason. Share a link to the RBI notification recommanding banks to share the rejection reason in that mail. Mention that you need to know the reason so that you don't keep facing rejections when you apply again.

If you still don't get the reason, then go to RBIO.

What is the highest income reported by you to any credit card providers and what is the total credit limit?

Since you have already went through all this, maybe give a try by once reaching out to PNO one more time asking for the rejection reason. Share a link to the RBI notification recommanding banks to share the rejection reason in that mail. Mention that you need to know the reason so that you don't keep facing rejections when you apply again.

If you still don't get the reason, then go to RBIO.

What is the highest income reported by you to any credit card providers and what is the total credit limit?
Can you share the Rbi link if you have it handy?

None of my cards reported Employment Info/income to CIBIL, but at the time of applications ig my credit limit was 7.5 times of my monthly salary (thanks HDFC😭). I shared income proofs to PNO for reconsideration of the application.

Now its 10X...

Back