• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SimplyClick Application Rejected - No Reason

nayra

TF Premier
So on 15th August I applied for SBI SimplyClick via Cashkaro - Sprint Page. Received instant rejection (even before CIBIL hit SMS reached me, I thought they rejected without even checking my credit profile!?)
- Directly mailed to PNO, to consider again, 750+ CIBIL, timely payments, or at least provide reason.
- Received a reply and call to provide income proof for trying again
- Again rejected, tried to mention RBI guidelines but no reason provided, same generic response:
The reason for decline of your credit card application is a business decision, taken in good faith and
certainly in no way, is indicative of your credit worthiness.
- One mail told me to apply after one month:
We regret to inform you that basis our organization internal policy, your card application number xxxx has been declined and we are unable to re-consider the same. We request you to Reapply again after 1 month from the date of application Decline.
- but when I pointed out there won't be much changes in my profile, if you let me know the reason, I can understand whether to pursue or not, the reply mail said this lol:
May we advise you to apply fresh for New SBI card after 3 to 6 months from www.sbicard.com

- Now after more than a month got a mail saying same reason but I can go for an FD Backed card.

1726849506230.webp

Is there any hope for RBI Ombudsman to hear this case properly? I've seen many members saying its useless to try anything from SBI but also saw on post where they got compensated, but people still commented that it was an unusual case and they've been lucky.
Not hellbent on getting the card but applied to get an SBI before my profile gets overleveraged (which it is now due to HDFC shared limit) so if possible Im thinking of seeing this to end, if there's hope.

yes by sbi.. depends on what income they have in their records + if too many enquiries.. dont keep applying to them.. stay away for 12-18 months..
I can understand the 'too many enquiries' part. I haven't seen anyone with less annual income (as per their records only) than the total credit limit labelled as 'overleveraged' by SBI. But if SBI does it, then they are a tough competition to HDFC in the race of being illogical.

Last edited:
My general observation and no offense to any profession or job...The probability of approval is high only in 2 cases
1. if you are doing minion job or a gig worker....SBI serve the segment which is not served by private banks
2. If SBI is your 1st credit card

If you already have tons of other cards in your pocket then they don't want to be "Sautan/Another women" in your life. They only want to be "BIWI No 1"

Back