• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Singapore Trip Planning

Try using Accor app and there they have option for flight + hotel booking in same package. The only thing with that is you get to opt from list of All Accor hotels only. The only benefit of doing so is they have options where the flight ticket is also covered as part of hotel fairs.

Try using Accor app and there they have option for flight + hotel booking in same package. The only thing with that is you get to opt from list of All Accor hotels only. The only benefit of doing so is they have options where the flight ticket is also covered as part of hotel fairs.
In app or website.?

No u can’t use points. In some routes it cheap and in some destination it’s costly. But it will help to reach higher tier in Accor like platinum easily

Friends,

I’m planning for a trip to Singapore in October 24. Any hacks or suggestions or any person(of course paid) who can guide?

I have Infinia, Marquee and MRCC.
Enable Cashback on Infinia its paid but you get more rewards which cover the yearly fee, Also if you have enough points try to move them to a hotel and book though points.. Smart buy on HDFC is 10x points for travel

All attractions (such as universal studios etc ) can be booked via Klook or Get your guide apps. You could probably use Marquee as it would count as an online transaction. (I had used SBI Cashback and got 5%). Also you would get good discounts on these apps.
Also buy M1 4g sim from Klook with Airport Pickup. It will be very discounted. You will be able to start using it from the Airport itself once you pick up from counter of M1. From the same counter you can take Metro card. Travelling in metro is convenient, cheaper and every place is well connected. If you plan to extensively use the metro, better to take 30 dollar one with unlimited access or else take 10 dollar one which you will need to recharge.

Have you checked Swissotel? During the time I visited, Swissotel offered better deal than Fairmont and Sofitel. It gave free breakfast on stay plus night too! Got the room upgrade to higher floors as well on Accor Silver

All attractions (such as universal studios etc ) can be booked via Klook or Get your guide apps. You could probably use Marquee as it would count as an online transaction. (I had used SBI Cashback and got 5%). Also you would get good discounts on these apps.
Also buy M1 4g sim from Klook with Airport Pickup. It will be very discounted. You will be able to start using it from the Airport itself once you pick up from counter of M1. From the same counter you can take Metro card. Travelling in metro is convenient, cheaper and every place is well connected. If you plan to extensively use the metro, better to take 30 dollar one with unlimited access or else take 10 dollar one which you will need to recharge.
When you used sbi cb on these apps such as Klook, does it count as forex spends where you have to pay markup?

Last edited:
When you used sbi cb on these apps such as Klook, does it count as forex spends where you have to pay markup?
No it didn't. Spend was in INR. I had pre booked most tickets while in India from Klook and Get your guide. Interestingly, when I was in Singapore, the SBI Cashback card was not working on these apps even though online spends and international travel was enabled. Couldn't figure out why when I was trying to book an additional attraction. So better to plan and book while in India.

I was booking many attractions while in Dubai using SBI cashback and got 5% cashback. It worked very well. Currency was always INR. SBI does not charge DCC so it was the best deal. Axis and HDFC charge DCC for Klook transactions

Maybe it's because transactions in Singapore doesn't require OTP (I heard) and sbi cb would not work without OTP? Not sure if connecting to an Indian VPN would have worked or not for you
No it didn't. Spend was in INR. I had pre booked most tickets while in India from Klook and Get your guide. Interestingly, when I was in Singapore, the SBI Cashback card was not working on these apps even though online spends and international travel was enabled. Couldn't figure out why when I was trying to book an additional attraction. So better to plan and book while in India

Maybe it's because transactions in Singapore doesn't require OTP (I heard) and sbi cb would not work without OTP? Not sure if connecting to an Indian VPN would have worked or not for you
Yeah, maybe it would have. But couldn't give the effort as I was booking while on the way (to Cloud Forest). So just went and booked from the counter (using book my forex card).

Back