• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Smallcases on Sharing Basis

just an FYI
be careful not to deploy the whole strategy with a single broker
IIRC, Zerodha has a mechanism to figure out if someone is copying a smallcase
so you might be better off with other brokers or splitting the smallcase constituents across brokers, so that no single one knows what you're doing
Nice strategy m

I really don't understand most of the others in this thread. Who will take custody? Who will own the shares? Whose demat will you guys use?
Who will fix things if a problem happens? Who will take care of rebalancing?

This is a solved problem. It's called a mutual fund. Use it.
The rest your money, your decision. 🙂

I really don't understand most of the others in this thread. Who will take custody? Who will own the shares? Whose demat will you guys use?

OP just proposes to share the constituents and re-balances as and when happens. He's obviously not going to hold the portfolio.

I think how it would work is, OP will be proactive and share the rebalances to the smallcase ASAP probably in a google sheet shared among these people who are sharing the price of the smallcase between them.
One drwaback is if OP/whoever is sharing the rebalances is offline for a while then others wouldn't get the updates for that time, but someone can take over using their credentials.
that's altogether a different discussion, but IMO MF's are better
but some people wants that hands on approach (I also maintain only some money in AWI for this very reason), but otherwise all my money is in MF's

OP just proposes to share the constituents and re-balances as and when happens. He's obviously not going to hold the portfolio.

Ahh, I got the purpose of this thread now.
The constituents are already posted by many in telegram channels and what not. So if you wanted to do that you could. One of the challenges is to time those things exactly to get the price that the smallcase creator is getting. Besides, atleast for myself, I don't get free time to trade actively. If you have that much free time then it is definitely for you.

that's altogether a different discussion, but IMO MF's are better

Yes, because by law, MF houses are not taxed on dividends(TCS) and also, they pay far lower fees like STT and all that due to their size. Economies of scale really kick in. They are also legally bound to hold things with a clearing corp, so no risk of a vijay mallya style thing happening. There are issues (front running etc) but they are better than smallcases imho.

Ahh, I got the purpose of this thread now.
The constituents are already posted by many in telegram channels and what not. So if you wanted to do that you could. One of the challenges is to time those things exactly to get the price that the smallcase creator is getting. Besides, atleast for myself, I don't get free time to trade actively. If you have that much free time then it is definitely for you.

Yes, because by law, MF houses are not taxed on dividends(TCS) and also, they pay far lower fees like STT and all that due to their size. Economies of scale really kick in. They are also legally bound to hold things with a clearing corp, so no risk of a vijay mallya style thing happening. There are issues (front running etc) but they are better than smallcases imho.
any smallcase can be found online , just have to use brain

any smallcase can be found online , just have to use brain
is this true? are all smallcases available on these channels?

Back