• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Millennia Smartbuy Devaluation!! Amazon GV Conv fees raised to 3.8%

knight

TF Ace
HDFC Smartbuy - Gyftr has raised the Conv fees applied to Amzon Pay GV to 3.25% + GST.

Leading to charges of ~38.35 rupees on a GV of 1000 INR.
Earlier this charge was ~14.75 on the same transaction.

The effective reward rate for Millenia is reduced to ~2.39% upon buying Amazon GV from Smartbuy.

This also affects other HDFC cards.

1691173329396.png

Do check if the changes are applicable to all users. The calculations are rough and can be slightly off.

Cardenthu

TF Buzz
HDFC Smartbuy - Gyftr has raised the Conv fees applied to Amzon Pay GV to 3.25% + GST.

Leading to charges of ~38.35 rupees on a GV of 1000 INR.
Earlier this charge was ~14.75 on the same transaction.

The effective reward rate for Millenia is reduced to ~2.39% upon buying Amazon GV from Smartbuy.

This also affects other HDFC cards.

1691173329396.png

Do check if the changes are applicable to all users. The calculations are rough and can be slightly off.
In the first few days of August the charges were usual but now they have added it even to amazon shopping voucher.

Enthusiast

TF Premier
For DCB, can some explain me the benefit of buying Amazon pay gift voucher in smartbuy..

For 10k, it is showing 10,338 rs. 990 RPs values only in cashback (990*0.3= 297 rs).

So, its a loss right? Around 41 rs

I have purchased a 10k amazon gift voucher and a 5k amazon gift voucher from smartbuy using my millennia cc so it should fetch me 5% cashback right?
I got 5% for the 10k but didn't get it for 5k I called hdfc customer care they said contact smartbuy and when contacted smartbuy they said contact HDFC. What should I do?

nrj1007

TF Premier
I have purchased a 10k amazon gift voucher and a 5k amazon gift voucher from smartbuy using my millennia cc so it should fetch me 5% cashback right?
I got 5% for the 10k but didn't get it for 5k I called hdfc customer care they said contact smartbuy and when contacted smartbuy they said contact HDFC. What should I do?
Send an email on this customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
Close millenia and chill

nrj1007

TF Premier
After emailing they're asking for proof of offer, what and how to show them as proof that smartbuy their own program gives 5%
Below is the mail I used. Send an email again using below format.

Hi,

I placed an order on jockey via smartbuy on 10th October using my hdfc credit card (ending XXXX) but didn't get the 10x points in my statement. Kindly credit the missing points.

Order id: XXXX
Order amount: Rs XXXX
Order date: XXXX

Let me know if any additional information is required.

Below is the mail I used. Send an email again using below format.

Hi,

I placed an order on jockey via smartbuy on 10th October using my hdfc credit card (ending XXXX) but didn't get the 10x points in my statement. Kindly credit the missing points.

Order id: XXXX
Order amount: Rs XXXX
Order date: XXXX

Let me know if any additional information is required.
I'll give it a try thanks

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Smartbuy has a Capping of 1000 Cashback.
As you mentioned, you got only 180 for 5k Txn, then I think you have Crossed the Capping