• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Smartbuy Flight Ticket Scam! They are hiking the prices!

eatpepsi

TF Select
I recently wanted to plan a trip to srinigar with my family, we are 4 in total and since i have a massive amount of reward points on my HDFC infinia, i figured i will redeem some for the flight tickets ...
Lo be hold look at the price differences quoted on the smartbuy portal where i can use my reward points vs the actual website partner which is booking the flight ... Its a massive 20k rupees price difference, can some on help me understand this ????
Image 1 ; HDFC Smartbuy
Annotation 2023-03-30 004246.png

Image 2: Cleartrip

Annotation 2023-03-30 004247.png

Image 3 : Indigo Official Website

Annotation 2023-03-30 004248.png

Last edited:
I recently wanted to plan a trip to srinigar with my family, we are 4 in total and since i have a massive amount of reward points on my HDFC infinia, i figured i will redeem some for the flight tickets ...
Lo be hold look at the price differences quoted on the smartbuy portal where i can use my reward points vs the actual website partner which is booking the flight ... Its a massive 20k rupees price difference, can some on help me understand this ????
Image 1 ; HDFC Smartbuy
View attachment 12886

Image 2: Cleartrip

View attachment 12887

Image 3 : Indigo Official Website

View attachment 12888
Bro, dates are different, in smartbuy its 9th May & 13th May but cleartrip its 8th May & 12th May. Of Course there will be difference based on various factors e.g no of people looking at the flight at the same time etc.

When people say they got "free flights" with credit card reward points, I laugh at them. Almost always you have to pay more when booking through points redemption platforms and also you have to accumulate the points for months to redeem those flights.

Nothing beats direct cashback (even if it's 2% cashback) in the next month itself in your credit card account. Amazon vouchers are fine too. But "reward" points? No, they are not reliable.

When people say they got "free flights" with credit card reward points, I laugh at them. Almost always you have to pay more when booking through points redemption platforms and also you have to accumulate the points for months to redeem those flights.

Nothing beats direct cashback (even if it's 2% cashback) in the next month itself in your credit card account. Amazon vouchers are fine too. But "reward" points? No, they are not reliable.
Completely disagree.. my 1L purchase in December using Magnus will sponsor a round trip (Mum-Del) for my family of 5 by just paying 5k extra as taxes. CB card can only sponsor a round-trip cab ride to Navi Mumbai at best.

Completely disagree.. my 1L purchase in December using Magnus will sponsor a round trip (Mum-Del) for my family of 5 by just paying 5k extra as taxes. CB card can only sponsor a round-trip cab ride to Navi Mumbai at best.
How is this possible bro ? A round trip Bom-Del costs somewhere like 8K, for 5 folks it's like 40K, leave the 5K extra and adding some buffer of another 5K, still makes it 30K reward, and this is on a 1L spend on magnus ? A freaking 30% reward ratio !!! Care to elaborate please :)

Bro there is something with cleartrip.
Recently I booked an indigo flight for 6.5K from smartbuy using cleartrip.
I checked prices on ixigo, mmt and 1 more and price was same so I went with smartbuy...
Now after 4-7 days I received an invoice email from indigo for that flight (this indigo generally sends everytime) and the price in the invoice was 5.6 or 5.7K only.
So something is fishy. I was thinking of asking here but was lazy xD xD
To whom i shall contact.. smartbuy people or cleartrip people.. why indigo sending me 5.7K invoice for a flight ticket I purchased for 6.5 :cry:
Also if you getting 20K cheaper on cleartrip.. is it cheaper on mmt, ixigo and other platforms too?

So are we suggesting to use the Skyscanner app only to book the cheaper tickets or do we have any other website which can offer cheap tickets.
Please guide if there's an existing thread going on the same topic .

Ye
How is this possible bro ? A round trip Bom-Del costs somewhere like 8K, for 5 folks it's like 40K, leave the 5K extra and adding some buffer of another 5K, still makes it 30K reward, and this is on a 1L spend on magnus ? A freaking 30% reward ratio !!! Care to elaborate please :)
Ye 30% return ka raaz pata chala kya bhai ?

Back