• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SMS received from HDFC

Asim

TF Buzz
I have received below SMS from HDFC bank.

Wish to use your Credit Card beyond the available limit? You're eligible for an over-limit facility on your HDFC Bank Credit Card xx2528. Enable Over-limit:

Is it phishing?

Wish to use your Credit Card beyond the available limit? You're eligible for an over-limit facility on your HDFC Bank Credit Card xx2528. Enable Over-limit:

Is it phishing?
Bro why do you want to enable this over limit facility? This is not limit enhancement and you will be charged a penalty for going above your limit. According to rbi's new rule bank's have to take consent from cc holders for over limit feature.

Is it phishing?
It may or may not be, though there are higher chances of it not being spam, as SMS Text is mentioning last 4 digits of your card. Check from what SMS Header it came from, that will further clear out.

Due to recent RBI Guidelines/change it is not mandatory for Card Provider to take a Consent for Over-limit Usage Facility. In My Opinion don't activate this Facility as it levies charges/heavy charges.

Is it phishing?
Its not phishing. Its the genuine message from HDFC Bank. But I would suggest Don't enable this feature because you will be charged for using extra credits than your actual limit.

Is it phishing?
may or may not be phishing.
but one thing to follow is whatever offers you get sent through SMS, they will also be available on netbanking.
so if you want to avail the facility, log in to hdfc site and enable there.
never click on links from SMS.

Back