• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What triggers credit limit enhancement from HDFC

lpshreyas

TF Buzz
I currently hold HDFC Millennia (7+ years) and Neu Infinity (4 months), and have been stuck with my current credit limit for over 2 years now. I have no defaults and I also have a salary account with the bank, but that never helped in moving the needle. I have also tried every trick suggested to me to trigger a credit limit enhancement or an upgrade from the bank without any success.
  • I have underspent (less than 10k a month for 6 months)
  • I have overspent (more than 3L in a quarter)
  • I took a second card in Tata Neu Infinity and spent 1.9L in the first 3 months
  • I wrote to the CC team, grievance redressal, priority redressal, escalation desk, and PNO
  • I spoke with my corporate RM, and escalation contact
  • I even spoke to my RM (this must tell you how desperate I must have gotten)
But every time it is the same thing. Either they ask me to wait another 6 months, or they tell me that I already have the best limit they can offer. What also annoys me is that HDFC has quoted my credit limit (4.5L) as a reason for not offering Regalia Gold and DCB, even though Regalia Gold isn't on the same level as DCB. They are offering Diners Privilege to me on FYF basis but aren't giving a higher limit with the upgrade.

I am fresh out of ideas and, to be honest, a bit frustrated after seeing people getting their Neu cards converted to LTF, receiving everything from 10% to 200% limit enhancements, LTF Swiggy, and LTF Regalia Gold on corporate offers (which I also qualify, btw) while I get nothing. So, I would love to know if there's anything I can do in order to tip the scales in my favour?

How old, broad and deep is your relationship with HDFC, if I may so ask?

Mine is more than a decade old, and I am an Imperia customer as well, so they're at least superficially polite. All other metrics must also be good enough too, otherwise they wouldn't have kept enhancing the CL on my CC to a ridiculous level now (for Moneyback). Still they did what they did!

I really don't understand what good business sense it makes for them to keep a (supposedly HNI) customer perennially dissatisfied and annoyed!
Bhai unki taraf se bhi socho, unka potential competitor hai hi kon. LTF upgrade band krne ke baad bhi they are number 1 issuer of credit card. Aur ab to hdfc aur hdfc bank ka bhi merger ho gaya hai. Hdfc is now a humongous giant.

Bhai insurance payment kar pa rhe ho kya tata neu se ? Me jab bhi koshish Kari hai tbhi unable to fetch details from your biller aa jata hai.
I get stuck at this step everytime.
I don't pay the insurance premiums via the Tata Neu app because all my payments are over 25k. But I haven't seen that error for any bills on the app, even for obscure billers. Which insurance company are you trying to fetch the policy of?

I don't pay the insurance premiums via the Tata Neu app because all my payments are over 25k. But I haven't seen that error for any bills on the app, even for obscure billers. Which insurance company are you trying to fetch the policy of?
tata neu pe limit hai amount ki for bill // insurance payment bhai ?

I'm not sure I also wanted to know the same. I use Amazon Pay and receive 5% so far.

What card do you use to buy the gift cards? I'm guessing that's how you get 5%. Most of them have monthly limits of 10-20k. So, it's really tough for me as I pay around 3L as insurance premiums.

It's a big hassle, so I use Neu Infinity and SC Smart and divide my payments across both cards. 2% of SC Smart (monthly cashback cap of 1k) gives better returns for payments under 68k, and over that Neu Infinity is better as it has no monthly cap

aur
Insurance kisi bhi amount ka pay kar sakte ho, but payment method credit card nahi ho sakta. For using credit card to pay, the limit is 25k.

It used to be 35k, and over time, it has kept decreasing.
aur bhai ye amount utility bill ke liye bhi 25k hi hai. Agar aisa hai to insurance payment (Amount more than 25,000) to bs hum fir amazon pay balance se kar payenge third party site se upto 1 lac per month.

Back