• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Solutions for the SBI Virtual Debit Card Error - This facility is currently not available for this account

Tushar_

TF Buzz

This guide offers solutions based on my experience (disclaimer: results may vary)​

After some research, I've cracked the code for generating an SBI virtual debit card! This method might not work for PMJDY accounts, but if you have a regular branch account and are struggling, here's the solution:

The Issue:​

Your account might lack chequebook functionality. Enabling this unlocks virtual debit card generation. See if your account type shows as SBNCHQ, which refers to an account with no chequebook facility.

Two Solutions:​

Online (YONO App):

1. Go to "Service Request" in the YONO app.
  2. Find the option for "Account Transfer."
  3. Look for the option to transfer your account to one with a chequebook facility.
  4. Complete the transfer process. If successful, you should be able to generate your virtual card.
Offline (Branch Visit):

1. Visit your SBI branch and request a customer request form.
  2. Inform the staff you want to apply for a chequebook and request the form.
  3. Fill out the form, requesting a 20-page chequebook (approximately ₹30). Be prepared to attach a photocopy of your Aadhaar card as they may ask you to do so.
  4. Submit the form. Your account will be converted to one with a chequebook facility.
  5. Once the conversion is complete (usually the same day), you'll be able to request a virtual card through internet banking.

Why SBI Virtual Cards are Valuable:​

• Reward Points: SBI offers reward points at the same rate as physical cards. For example, the RuPay variant earns 0.25% on credit card bill payments. It's not a huge amount, but better than nothing, especially if you lack cards with higher rewards (like HDFC Millennia or Platinum).
  • Free of Charge: There are no annual or issuance fees for virtual cards, making them a cost-effective option.

My Experience:​

I spent months trying to generate a virtual card with my regular SBI account. Online forums suggested converting to an auto sweep account, but that wasn't ideal. Finally, I found this solution on Reddit and it worked perfectly! While the online YONO method didn't work for me in this case, the branch visit did the trick.

This guide offers solutions based on my experience (disclaimer: results may vary)​

After some research, I've cracked the code for generating an SBI virtual debit card! This method might not work for PMJDY accounts, but if you have a regular branch account and are struggling, here's the solution:

The Issue:​

Your account might lack chequebook functionality. Enabling this unlocks virtual debit card generation. See if your account type shows as SBNCHQ, which refers to an account with no chequebook facility.

Two Solutions:​

Online (YONO App):

1. Go to "Service Request" in the YONO app.
  2. Find the option for "Account Transfer."
  3. Look for the option to transfer your account to one with a chequebook facility.
  4. Complete the transfer process. If successful, you should be able to generate your virtual card.
Offline (Branch Visit):

1. Visit your SBI branch and request a customer request form.
  2. Inform the staff you want to apply for a chequebook and request the form.
  3. Fill out the form, requesting a 20-page chequebook (approximately ₹30). Be prepared to attach a photocopy of your Aadhaar card as they may ask you to do so.
  4. Submit the form. Your account will be converted to one with a chequebook facility.
  5. Once the conversion is complete (usually the same day), you'll be able to request a virtual card through internet banking.

Why SBI Virtual Cards are Valuable:​

• Reward Points: SBI offers reward points at the same rate as physical cards. For example, the RuPay variant earns 0.25% on credit card bill payments. It's not a huge amount, but better than nothing, especially if you lack cards with higher rewards (like HDFC Millennia or Platinum).
  • Free of Charge: There are no annual or issuance fees for virtual cards, making them a cost-effective option.

My Experience:​

I spent months trying to generate a virtual card with my regular SBI account. Online forums suggested converting to an auto sweep account, but that wasn't ideal. Finally, I found this solution on Reddit and it worked perfectly! While the online YONO method didn't work for me in this case, the branch visit did the trick.
do we get rupay platinum DC virtual?

Back