• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

{Solved} Axis Magnus - Travel edge and Yatra

saver-user

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I just wanted to double sure with people who used it. I got my cousin bro who called me he needed a flight booked from Patna to Dubai.
Flight cost 11588rs
So I thought why not put Magnus to use? Did anyone try Magnus on travel edge? or Yatra (if we buy from Gyftr)
Magnus base reward rate = 6 points per 100
(No convenience fee) For travel edge = 5X reward points, so 11588/100 = 115x6 = 695. Now 5X points = 695 X 5= 3475 points which are around 2800 miles.
(850rs convenience fee) For yatra = 10X points = 11588/100 = 115x6 = 695. Now 10X points = 695 X 10= 6950 points which are around 5560 miles

2800-5560 Miles + Milestone benefits. Sounds too good to be true. Literal 24-47.9% back as miles. (I and my son fly frequently so it is useful to us)

Can anyone confirm my calculations are right? and will these travel edge transactions get added to milestone spends?
Plz anyone who has tried this or has proper knowledge about this answer.

It's mentioned somewhere that traveledge prices are high compared to other platforms.
One another thing pop in my mind, If we use Yatra coupon and pay directly by Magnus Card, will get 1x points and discount. Does it make sense?
Yes, if you pay directly using magnus and use normal coupons, you will get 1X points and discount (unless the coupon is specific to some payment method). But traveledge may still be better with 5x points and no convenience fees.

Yes, if you pay directly using magnus and use normal coupons, you will get 1X points and discount (unless the coupon is specific to some payment method). But traveledge may still be better with 5x points and no convenience fees.
Agreed.
Only concern for me in Traveledge is that for Indigo fllights it's not showing Flexi plus fare option(i.e. ₹ 500 fee of cancellation if canceled before 3 days of departure). There are high chances that I might have to cancel the ticket. So still looking for the best solution.

Guys,
As we know till now the max denomination available for Yatra vouchers was 5k and max 3 in one go, so 15k tickets were allowed to be book in one shot.
Now, guess what, they have brought back 10k denomination vouchers again, which increase per booking to 30k in one shot.
Such an useful update brought about by Yatra and Gyftr.
Please check it out, and make sure to stock it up before it gets out of stock due to upcoming demand.
1682621684116.png

Also, experts please share your views as to will you prefer Yatra over Traveledge now, as one major flaw of lower booking size has gone?
@Wealth is my birth right!
@Unknown1
@anirban.choudhury
@Theo
@TheMentalist
@CVR
@CMG
@WhoU
@Copycat
@R!ppEr
@Harry1
@MilesMax
@bvc19296

Last edited:
Yatra 10k was earlier too. Only issue was it wasn’t showing up in between. Doesn’t make a difference since for my personal travel haven’t made a revenue booking for a very long time now. This is worth for people willing to take a risk.

People booking with Yatra needs to make sure of two things- one, make sure it is a confirmed travel. If there’sa cancellation, you won’t get what you paid with the voucher. Also be willing to take risk- there was a DP where a person wanted to book via Yatra and bought a voucher, Yatra wasn’t able to book the ticket (it was Akasa air), and even being at the wrong end was unwilling to refund the voucher. So if something like that happens, be ready to fight.

I don’t even keep a track of my bonus points on Axis, because of the manual tracking requirement. I believe that they will give me the required miles, and even if it is off by a couple of 500s, it isn’t worth spending my time to manually calculate. I don’t trust axis, but for my peace of mind I believe trust them. My time can be put to better use.

I don’t even keep a track of my bonus points on Axis, because of the manual tracking requirement. I believe that they will give me the required miles, and even if it is off by a couple of 500s, it isn’t worth spending my time to manually calculate. I don’t trust axis, but for my peace of mind I believe trust them. My time can be put to better use.
So true, i too just track the money spent to see if I'm hitting the milestone. Rest becomes too much of an overhead

Guys, there is a big change in game, which can affect many of us.
As we know till now the max denomination available for Yatra vouchers was 5k and max 3 in one go, so 15k tickets were allowed to be book in one shot.
Now, guess what, they have introduced 10k denomination vouchers, which increase per booking to 30k in one shot.
Such an incredible update brought about by Yatra and Gyftr.
Please check it out, and make sure to stock it up before it gets out of stock due to upcoming demand.
View attachment 15375

Also, experts please share your views as to will you prefer Yatra over Traveledge now, as one major flaw of lower booking size has gone?
@Unknown1
@anirban.choudhury
@Theo
@TheMentalist
@CVR
@CMG
@WhoU
@Copycat
@R!ppEr
@Harry1
@MilesMax
@bvc19296
I think you are excited much more than those AXIS Bank itself.
It seems now you will be touring all those 195 countries with those yatra GVs. :ROFLMAO:

You can check yourself, that this is Magnus card or not.
So, better keep your suggestion with yourself to travel 195 countries.
It seems people like you don't have any respect or value of experience and knowledge.
FYI, the points that I have collected till now, no longer require me to spend on any travel related expenses since long time.
So, I have never purchased a single Yatra voucher till date.
You are typical, one of those, who joined here for short term gains, and fun/timepass. Look at the people who have decades of Credit history.
Next time, please check some facts and come with proper research and good etiquettes

Guys,
Now, guess what, they have brought back 10k denomination vouchers again, which increase per booking to 30k in one shot.
View attachment 15375

@Unknown1
@anirban.choudhury
@Theo
@TheMentalist
@CVR
@CMG
@WhoU
@Copycat
@R!ppEr
@Harry1
@MilesMax
@bvc19296
Worthy share!
Thanks for sharing so that this holidays season we can mint some more Edge Rewards to meet the dine out expenses during trips👍

Guys,
View attachment 15375

@Unknown1
@anirban.choudhury
@Theo
@TheMentalist
@CVR
@CMG
@WhoU
@Copycat
@R!ppEr
@Harry1
@MilesMax
@bvc19296
Travel edge 5X points (Bonus/accelrated) will be credited with in the statement cycle only. But Yatra 10X (Bonus/accelrated) will be credited within 120 days. If the immediate of RP's is not required you can book on Yatra as they give 10X which double the Travel edge.

And compared to Travel Edge customer support and Airline ticket benefits you receive is better on Yatra (Like Indigo Flexi and other options). If you need to book for 3 or more passengers book it in 3 shots so that you can redeem 3 vouchers for each ticket.

As travel season around the corner waiting for MMT 10K coupon also.

Guys,
View attachment 15375

@Unknown1
@anirban.choudhury
@Theo
@TheMentalist
@CVR
@CMG
@WhoU
@Copycat
@R!ppEr
@Harry1
@MilesMax
@bvc19296
Another benefit over MMT for Yatra is, Yatra vouchers can be used for Flights whereas MMT is used for Hotels and Cabs. But there is a catch, some Hotels are not listed on Yatra.

I just wanted to double sure with people who used it. I got my cousin bro who called me he needed a flight booked from Patna to Dubai.
Flight cost 11588rs
So I thought why not put Magnus to use? Did anyone try Magnus on travel edge? or Yatra (if we buy from Gyftr)
Magnus base reward rate = 6 points per 100
(No convenience fee) For travel edge = 5X reward points, so 11588/100 = 115x6 = 695. Now 5X points = 695 X 5= 3475 points which are around 2800 miles.
(850rs convenience fee) For yatra = 10X points = 11588/100 = 115x6 = 695. Now 10X points = 695 X 10= 6950 points which are around 5560 miles

2800-5560 Miles + Milestone benefits. Sounds too good to be true. Literal 24-47.9% back as miles. (I and my son fly frequently so it is useful to us)

Can anyone confirm my calculations are right? and will these travel edge transactions get added to milestone spends?
Plz anyone who has tried this or has proper knowledge about this answer.
no your calculation is wrong..
11588/200=57*12= 684 that will b the base rewards points and now u can calculate multipliers rewards

Another benefit over MMT for Yatra is, Yatra vouchers can be used for Flights whereas MMT is used for Hotels and Cabs. But there is a catch, some Hotels are not listed on Yatra.
For Hotels booking, MMT is much better than Yatra as it doesn't have same denomination GV requirement, its GV are multiple-time use and cancellation is easy & refundable

Your way of responding reflects that you are quite new to the forum.
Please note, I have been using Magnus since a very long time. Don't belive me, see this.
View attachment 15379
View attachment 15380
Yatra GV are equal to discount coupons, so you have to make your flight bills a little higher or lower than it to get max out of it

Travel edge 5X points (Bonus/accelrated) will be credited with in the statement cycle only. But Yatra 10X (Bonus/accelrated) will be credited within 120 days. If the immediate of RP's is not required you can book on Yatra as they give 10X which double the Travel edge.

And compared to Travel Edge customer support and Airline ticket benefits you receive is better on Yatra (Like Indigo Flexi and other options). If you need to book for 3 or more passengers book it in 3 shots so that you can redeem 3 vouchers for each ticket.

As travel season around the corner waiting for MMT 10K coupon also.
Not sure if Flexi fares will be of any use if the GV itself is not refundable

Guys,
View attachment 15375

@Unknown1
@anirban.choudhury
@Theo
@TheMentalist
@CVR
@CMG
@WhoU
@Copycat
@R!ppEr
@Harry1
@MilesMax
@bvc19296
This is an excellent share, thanks for the tag.

But in Yatra voucher TnC its mentioned that its for Hotels and Holidays.

Point no 1.

Is flight booking possible with Yatra voucher?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230428-205119_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230428-205119_Chrome.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 26
Back