• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Solved]Yes Bank Secretly Debited Reversed Annual Fee.

Mr.Payne

TF Buzz
[UPDATED: THEY REFUNDED TWICE]Hi! I have a Marquee Select credit card from Yes Bank. I don't use it often so I called the bank and asked for a reversal of annual fee and tol them it's the only way I won't close my card. They accepted my request, refunded the annual fee on 15th April but on 21st they secretly debited it back. I am shocked! What to do? 19th April they generated a statement of Rs -470 and on 20tj April I also swiped my card for around 8K EMI of 6 months. Today I opened the app and saw the BS they have done.

Last edited:
Solution
[UPDATED: THEY REFUNDED TWICE]Hi! I have a Marquee Select credit card from Yes Bank. I don't use it often so I called the bank and asked for a reversal of annual fee and tol them it's the only way I won't close my card. They accepted my request, refunded the annual fee on 15th April but on 21st they secretly debited it back. I am shocked! What to do? 19th April they generated a statement of Rs -470 and on 20th April I also swiped my card for around 8K EMI of 6 months. Today I opened the app and saw the BS they have done.
Okay,.so I called the bank they said whatever was debited didn't affect anything because the Current Outstanding after my purchase was still 470 less. Which is true. Then later I opened the app again and this...

mj01

TF Select
Looks like they are randomly trying different things to earn back some money/ RPs by deceiving people. Also heard of food delivery transactions being tagged as offline transactions for lower reward rate.

Mr.Payne

TF Buzz
[UPDATED: THEY REFUNDED TWICE]Hi! I have a Marquee Select credit card from Yes Bank. I don't use it often so I called the bank and asked for a reversal of annual fee and tol them it's the only way I won't close my card. They accepted my request, refunded the annual fee on 15th April but on 21st they secretly debited it back. I am shocked! What to do? 19th April they generated a statement of Rs -470 and on 20th April I also swiped my card for around 8K EMI of 6 months. Today I opened the app and saw the BS they have done.
Okay,.so I called the bank they said whatever was debited didn't affect anything because the Current Outstanding after my purchase was still 470 less. Which is true. Then later I opened the app again and this time I took a closer look and saw they refunded the annual fee again on 21st, they realised the mistake and then debited it back. So all is good. I checked it in the middle of the night the first time,didn't get the whole picture right 😂😂

Solution

Mr.Payne

TF Buzz
Looks like they are randomly trying different things to earn back some money/ RPs by deceiving people. Also heard of food delivery transactions being tagged as offline transactions for lower reward rate.
No they actually refunded twice and then took back the second refund. Check my reply above. I should not have checked my transactions at midnight after a long tiring day😂

Mr.Payne

TF Buzz
Transactions being tagged as different is common but it shouldn't happen online orders for food, might happen at a restaurant or cafe because often times a owner with two businesses will use the POS from their other business at the cafe/restaurant. Happened to me once, got charged by lingerie store POS machine at a Waffle house 😂