• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standard chartered late fee against cred payment even after no due

kunal89

TF Select
Today I’m surprised to see I’ve been charged late fee for the latest statement and the previous payment was not settled, was not revised either.

My previous bill was 7109.2 and I paid this bill using cred. I got an instant message the amount has been settled against limit. Now I’m getting this late fee and total due bill again even after paying. There was no payment failure notification. The amount that I paid was not revised as well.

Please suggest what to do in this case

Is your payment reflected in standard chartered statement?

- Yes.. then do check whether you paid full or missed any amount.
- No.. then you didn't paid last month bill.

Standard Chartered or Infact any bank doesn't care when you paid or which app you used, they only care 'when they received your payment'.

Its your responsibility to make sure it reflected in Standard chartered account but here you believed Cred and blindly trusted those messages without cross checking at bank side.

3rd party apps always carry risk, double check at bank side always preferable.

Is your payment reflected in standard chartered statement?

- Yes.. then do check whether you paid full or missed any amount.
- No.. then you didn't paid last month bill.

Standard Chartered or Infact any bank doesn't care when you paid or which app you used, they only care 'when they received your payment'.

Its your responsibility to make sure it reflected in Standard chartered account but here you believed Cred and blindly trusted those messages without cross checking at bank side.

3rd party apps always carry risk, double check at bank side always preferable.
Today I got the statement in pdf. Previous balance and Payments/Credits are equal. That means I've paid full amount in this statement. Before 4 days of actual due date. Now still there are late payment fee and interest charge billed.

1726292754236.webp

Please tell me what to do now. I didn't get a single helpline number so far.

Please tell me what to do now. I didn't get a single helpline number so far
Firstly email the Bank regd this and see what they reply....>> https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/all-banks-customer-care-dept-email-id.25442/ ( it is same for Credit Card as well in case of SC Bank) It will be better if you directly write to Lvl 2 of GR Desk

Also, does your stmt from Sc Bank have the correct date of you making the Payment ...? Then attach it in your email to sc. Also, mention principal.nodalofficer in CC of the email.

Today I got the statement in pdf. Previous balance and Payments/Credits are equal. That means I've paid full amount in this statement. Before 4 days of actual due date. Now still there are late payment fee and interest charge billed.

View attachment 68794

I am likely getting similar issue on 17th when I will receive my SC Smart statement. I have sent an email to their disputes team card.services@sc.com
Their system itself showing all payment dates we paid before due date still from where they brought late payment charges don't know.
@kunal89 btw, does your statement shows any entry for late payment charges?

View attachment 68794

Today you got the statement ... that means Sep'24 statement.

- What's the "Total Payment Due (INR)" for Jul'24 statement & Due date?
- When it's showing as "Cr." in Aug'24 statement?
- What's the "Total Payment Due (INR)" for Aug'24 statement & Due date?
- When it's showing as "Cr." in Sep'24 statement?

Need info for all w.r.t Jul'24, Aug'24 & Sep'24 statement. Not when you paid Cred app.

Regarding helpline (a tip of advice, not only scb but for any bank). Do refer monthly statement, at the end you'll find required email ids/call numbers to resolve your query. Applicable for all banks, mandated by RBI - you don't have to search anywhere but your own monthly statement.

SC: After your statement finishes, it starts MITC document. Refer Point 22.

Also, regarding cashback adjustment conditions refer point 21.

Last edited:
Firstly email the Bank regd this and see what they reply....>> https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/all-banks-customer-care-dept-email-id.25442/ ( it is same for Credit Card as well in case of SC Bank) It will be better if you directly write to Lvl 2 of GR Desk

Also, does your stmt from Sc Bank have the correct date of you making the Payment ...? Then attach it in your email to sc. Also, mention principal.nodalofficer in CC of the email.
Payment due date was 5th Sep. The credit from cred is mentioned on 30th August in the statement itself.

I am likely getting similar issue on 17th when I will receive my SC Smart statement. I have sent an email to their disputes team card.services@sc.com
Their system itself showing all payment dates we paid before due date still from where they brought late payment charges don't know.
@kunal89 btw, does your statement shows any entry for late payment charges?
1726297376817.webp
I'm more worried about cibil hit. I know these amount can be reversed after a fight.

Today you got the statement ... that means Sep'24 statement.

Need info for all w.r.t Jul'24, Aug'24 & Sep'24 statement. Not when you paid Cred app.

Regarding helpline (a tip of advice, not only scb but for any bank). Do refer monthly statement, at the end you'll find required email ids/call numbers to resolve your query. Applicable for all banks, mandated by RBI - you don't have to search anywhere but your own monthly statement.

SC: After your statement finishes, it starts MITC document. Refer Point 22.

Also, regarding cashback adjustment conditions refer point 21.
10,903.20 and 2nd August
10,904.00CR
7,109.20 and 2nd Sep
7099.2CR and 10CR (Made a 10 rs payment to check if payment is actually working) - It was done on 30th August as per statement (Not as per CRED)

I know there is nothing wrong in all these arguments, just that I have to come up clean without impacting my CIBIL score.

Today I’m surprised to see I’ve been charged late fee for the latest statement and the previous payment was not settled, was not revised either.

My previous bill was 7109.2 and I paid this bill using cred. I got an instant message the amount has been settled against limit. Now I’m getting this late fee and total due bill again even after paying. There was no payment failure notification. The amount that I paid was not revised as well.

Please suggest what to do in this case
Noticed the same today. I was charged ₹705 as Purchase Interest even though I paid 9K more than the actual outstanding amount. After the recent revamp, they are messing around very badly. S and C together for an obvious reason.

The statement generated on 2nd Aug and due date 24th. I paid it on 3rd Aug and still received the new statement with Purchase Interest of 155.96.

They have removed the fees when I called them but the scary part is they might have reported a Delayed Payment (even when paid on time) to Credit bureau (CIBIL and others) which will impact our Credit score.

IMG_20240914_152304.webp

Last edited:
Due to their recent system upgrade, they made the wrong late payment & interest was charged, I just called, Customer care, and they will be removing this within 24 hours or so, Such a third-class server upgrade process

The statement generated on 2nd Aug and due date 24th. I paid it on 3rd Aug and still received the new statement with Purchase Interest of 155.96.

They have removed the fees when I called them but the scary part is they might have reported a Delayed Payment (even when paid on time) to Credit bureau (CIBIL and others) which will impact our Credit score.

View attachment 68815
Is the customer care reachable through phone? I tried calling them. After entering the card details, the call gets disconnected automatically. So, i had dropped an email and i am sure they will take their own sweet time to respond.

I have got purchase interest added to my bill despite paying all the bills on time. F**ked up international bank!! Going to close all my cards except for Smart. Reward points and cashbacks are also deducted and the 360 portal is showing them incorrectly.

My so called invisible entry charges (late payment as per them) become zero now. I did not get any call or email. But as I told already in other post I did call them 2 times this week. I got my Credit limit back 100%.

Now fingers crossed that something again should not come when my card statement will generate tomorrow.

Back