• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standard chartered late fee against cred payment even after no due

kunal89

TF Select
Today I’m surprised to see I’ve been charged late fee for the latest statement and the previous payment was not settled, was not revised either.

My previous bill was 7109.2 and I paid this bill using cred. I got an instant message the amount has been settled against limit. Now I’m getting this late fee and total due bill again even after paying. There was no payment failure notification. The amount that I paid was not revised as well.

Please suggest what to do in this case

Bill generated on 16 Aug for 43191.49 and due date was 3 sept. Paid 43200 on 26 Aug and same was showing on app and netbanking after 2-3 days of payment.
When today i checked the statement, i saw that i was charged 1200+gst for late payment fee on 12 sept.

Already mailed to SC, now waiting for response.

I guess all this happened due to their recent upgrades, and now it is all messed up.

If you are holding a SC card then check your accounts ASAP

i had used amazon's credit card bill pay option to pay sc bill (dont know how, but amazon is still working even w/o bbps)
the payment reflected on sc website and yet received an email saying i haven't paid my bill. i am hoping there is nothing to worry about?

Today I got two SMSs from previous months payments. There are two more component added to card account. Debit component and credit component. Still no reversal of any Fees or interest but I can see my card utilization amount is reduced a bit (not fully). I've mailed in three different SC email ids. No reply even after 4 business days. I called a number which I received via mail from SC. No one is picking the call yet.
SC is digging their own grave for India customers here. RBI will be flooded with complaints.

i had used amazon's credit card bill pay option to pay sc bill (dont know how, but amazon is still working even w/o bbps)
the payment reflected on sc website and yet received an email saying i haven't paid my bill. i am hoping there is nothing to worry about?
Better call them and complain if you see any inconsistencies in outstanding amount on your SC card.

Today I got two SMSs from previous months payments. There are two more component added to card account. Debit component and credit component. Still no reversal of any Fees or interest but I can see my card utilization amount is reduced a bit (not fully). I've mailed in three different SC email ids. No reply even after 4 business days. I called a number which I received via mail from SC. No one is picking the call yet.
SC is digging their own grave for India customers here. RBI will be flooded with complaints.
I want them to shut down their S business 😡.

Don't expect this kind of critical understanding from a team of clown like them. Super C for a reason.
they are dying right now.. big mess.. with the system chg... so don't expect anything to be resolved.. give some time and then they will. respond.. their entire upgrade is a failure.. the bank is in deep shit with their data

they are dying right now.. big mess.. with the system chg... so don't expect anything to be resolved.. give some time and then they will. respond.. their entire upgrade is a failure.. the bank is in deep shit with their data
Not sure if they tested their upgraded system as I felt the old system was correct at least in terms of data. Not sure how they went live with the new system w/o testing them adequately.

Not sure if they tested their upgraded system as I felt the old system was correct at least in terms of data. Not sure how they went live with the new system w/o testing them adequately.
never thought i wd say it but Axis actually did quite a surprisingly good job with the citi transition in this context..

I called customer care just now. They have accepted that this is an error due to card system upgrade. I also got to now I'm a priority customer(Just holding ultimate). They have taken the request on priority basis and assured that cibil will not be reported. 2 business days for the resolution and reversal of any fees and interests. Hope they are serious. The agent was well informed and didn't waste time at all. Will update once everything is sorted.

I called customer care just now. They have accepted that this is an error due to card system upgrade. I also got to now I'm a priority customer(Just holding ultimate). They have taken the request on priority basis and assured that cibil will not be reported. 2 business days for the resolution and reversal of any fees and interests. Hope they are serious. The agent was well informed and didn't waste time at all. Will update once everything is sorted.
GST component is yet to get reversed for me.

Back