• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Steps for getting invite for RBL Zomato Edition CC

Initially I heard from a youtuber that I can request the bank for the card but even he was not sure about the approach.

Step 1: I posted a tweet tagging RBL bank and RBL care team that I am interested in their Zomato Edition Card. The bank replied that it is invite based card and wait for the invite to get the card.

Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.53.31 PM.png Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.54.37 PM.png

Step 2: I noticed a reply from Edition team, which I suppose is the official account by Zomato to DM them my registered phone and email address. Initially I ignored the reply since it was already deferred by the banking partner. But, then I thought of giving it a try and replied to Edition team with my details on DM.

Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.55.26 PM.png Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.56.39 PM.png

Step 3: Exactly after 4 days of providing my zomato account details the Edition team reverted back and asked me check my Zomato account after 24-48 hours for the invite. This morning when I checked my Zomato app, I saw the invite visible in Money tab.

Screenshot_2022-03-22-10-43-12-398_com.application.zomato.jpg . Screenshot_2022-03-22-10-43-39-970_com.application.zomato.jpg . Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.58.19 PM.png

Step 4: Just provided my PAN details in the Zomato app and within 2 minutes my Credit Limit was displayed. I completed my KYC with the bank and within 30 minutes received mail that my virtual card is active to use.

I have tried my best to jot down the steps and all the necessary things which I did to get the card. Please feel free to ask thing regarding the same. I will be more than happy to help.

Last edited:
Initially I heard from a youtuber that I can request the bank for the card but even he was not sure about the approach.

Step 1: I posted a tweet tagging RBL bank and RBL care team that I am interested in their Zomato Edition Card. The bank replied that it is invite based card and wait for the invite to get the card.

Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.53.31 PM.png Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.54.37 PM.png

Step 2: I noticed a reply from Edition team, which I suppose is the official account by Zomato to DM them my registered phone and email address. Initially I ignored the reply since it was already deferred by the banking partner. But, then I thought of giving it a try and replied to Edition team with my details on DM.

Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.55.26 PM.png Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.56.39 PM.png

Step 3: Exactly after 4 days of providing my zomato account details the Edition team reverted back and asked me check my Zomato account after 24-48 hours for the invite. This morning when I checked my Zomato app, I saw the invite visible in Money tab.

Screenshot_2022-03-22-10-43-12-398_com.application.zomato.jpg . Screenshot_2022-03-22-10-43-39-970_com.application.zomato.jpg . Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 12.58.19 PM.png

Step 4: Just provided my PAN details in the Zomato app and within 2 minutes my Credit Limit was displayed. I completed my KYC with the bank and within 30 minutes received mail that my virtual card is active to use.

I have tried my best to jot down the steps and all the necessary things which I did to get the card. Please feel free to ask thing regarding the same. I will be more than happy to help.
Will RBL Bank Ask Income Proof? Or The Will Issue The Credit Card For Those Who Have Good CIBIL Score?

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
UPDATE: RBL Zomato Edition Classic Credit Card is NO LONGER offered as a Lifetime Free Card. It is now Paid. (₹590 per year)

IMG_62C15C50BC21-1.jpeg

I got the invite few days back, but decided to wait until I cancel my existing RBL Paisa on Demand Credit Card. My card cancelation is processed.

However, it seems I won't be applying for RBL Zomato Edition Classic CC anymore. Good for those who could apply for the same earlier. Enjoy!

it's free again 😂

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Sir, what is the update on the issue? Did you get a favorable response? What is your advice to the existing RBL card users? The experiences shared by different users seem to be very divergent.

@TechnoFino
Applied for the card, Zomato RBL rejected my application, I emailed bbl and ask for Zomato card by Upgrading my bbl shoprite card,
got Zomato card in 3 days.

Applied for the card, Zomato RBL rejected my application, I emailed bbl and ask for Zomato card by Upgrading my bbl shoprite card,
got Zomato card in 3 days.
I sent them a similar email.

Sir/Madam,
I am already subscribed to RBL Platinum Delight Card (xxxx-xxxx-xx-xxxx03) for more than a year. This has been a lifetime free subscription under a special offer.

I was recently offered "RBL Zomato Edition Card" through my zomato app on Lifetime Free basis. I had applied for the same, but later I came to know that you are not currently sourcing multiple cards to your users. My application was stuck in the midway with an error message: "we are unable to issue you a card at this time. Please try again after some time".

I would urge you to please clarify on the two points:
1. Can you provide me an additional zomato Edition card alongside the current Platinum Delight card?
2. If not, then can you avail me an upgrade to zomato edition card on a lifetime free subscription, as per the offer?

Thank you.

The reply I received is seems to be written by a robot (albeit with a human-sounding name).

Dear Cardholder,
Greetings from RBL Bank!
This is with reference to your e-mail dated April 01, 2022 regarding zomato edition card.
We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

It is an invite only program where select customers are eligible for this card. On-boarding journey is on Zomato app (Open Zomato app > Money tab > Edition tab). If Edition tab is not visible here, means customer has not been invited/ is not eligible.
Further, eligible customer may get rejected during the journey basis Risk policy checks.

Also, hope you are aware that not all customers who are pre-qualified are approved for Card. There are many rejection scenarios possible during BRE, bureau pull, negative PAN, phone, KYC etc.

Additionally, you can also check statements/refund/EMI's/offers/benefits related in RBL MyCard application, RBL Cares chatbot and WhatsApp.

If you require any further clarification/information, please feel free to write to us quoting the reference number 44664960, we will be pleased to assist you.

Assuring of our best services at all times.

Yours sincerely,
Sai
Service Delivery-Credit Cards
RBL Bank, Apno Ka Bank

sampatir

TF Select
After going through experiences, I am hesitant to apply for this zomato cars even though I have invite as I already have rbl shoprite card. However this logic of rbl restricting cusuomer from holding more than 2 rbl cards is not true in my case as I was holding both rbl shoprite and monthly treats at same time for few months last year

After going through experiences, I am hesitant to apply for this zomato cars even though I have invite as I already have rbl shoprite card. However this logic of rbl restricting cusuomer from holding more than 2 rbl cards is not true in my case as I was holding both rbl shoprite and monthly treats at same time for few months last year
@samaptir If incase you give a try, do update us here.

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Is Zomato Edition Twitter handle active on Sundays as well ?

Skid

TF Buzz
I had received Invitation on Zomato app after reaching to RBL Care twitter handle and then zomato support. But today when i applied for it from the app post selection of address it straight away showed me the rejection screen.

Zomato support saying location not serviceable. Anyone knows which location in Kolkata is serviceable ?
Finally Got the Card ( Will be delivered in 2-3 Days )

Steps Followed :

1. Asked to reset my previous application to Zomato Chat Support

2. Selected My office Location ( Which is serviceable) as my home address and gave invalid input in full address.

3. Selected office address again for my alternate address with correct full address ( Parrallely Contacted zomato support that by mistake i gave wrong input as address to which they replied that they will update the correct address in 2-3 days)

4. After Submission it showed the card limit And asked me which address selected the office address.

5. Chose a slot for VKyc.

6. Instantly after VKyc Card got generated.

Attachments

• IMG_20220404_003103.jpg
    IMG_20220404_003103.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_2022-04-04-00-31-37-144_com.application.zomato.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-04-00-31-37-144_com.application.zomato.jpg
    537.5 KB · Views: 49

Skid

TF Buzz
Finally got my Zomato Edition Classic Credit Card.
Didn't face much hassle other than:
1. KYC link not opening due to some browser issue and their restrictions, but got it done somehow.
2. Delay in delivery of the card.
Got a limit of 2.26L
I faced the same issue. Later they recommended Samsung Browser.

Abhi98

TF Buzz
Anyone having Edition Classic and got invited to Zomato Pro Plus?

One of our FinTalks members shared this screenshot where he got Edition Classic, his pro membership extended for 6 years. Now, he is invited to Pro Plus and he has to shell out Rs1499 to get Pro Plus upgrade for just 1 year. Check this ss.

IMG_3693.JPG

WTF is this! If someone holding Edition CC has to pay Rs1499 again for Pro Plus then it is NOT good.

We all know Pro Plus gives free delivery and is now a big necessity. I have pro plus till November 2022 (I had pro till nov 2022, I paid around rs400 for just the pro plus upgrade in October 2020 for 13 months) and me and my friends order from that account for the same reason. If I didn't have Pro plus, the pro membership would go waste since not all restaurants are pro enabled, and those restaurant having pro, has a minimum order value of rs250-300, and again you have to pay delivery charges on pro... not at all worthy.

It seems like a promotional strategy + cc upselling for zomato to give edition classic + pro subscription to all for free and then offer a huge price of 1.5k for pro plus upgrade. Someone who orders from zomato on a regular basis, who needs the edition cc benefits, would surely end up paying that price. This is concerning!

If this is the case, and if Zomato charges me 1.5k every year for just a pro plus upgrade, I am not taking Edition Classic. I will wait for Edition Black as and when it launches.

Most likely Edition Black won't be a LTF. However, annual charges waiver at 2.5L spends is decent for 'above average' users. Lifelong Pro plus benefits, 10% cashback points, milestone bonus cashback points on 2L spends, and most importantly, paying cc bills with the cashback is a great deal even as a paid cc. I would happily prefer a paid cc as I can waive it off via spending. But that remains to be seen.

For now, I have applied for cancelation of my existing RBL POD cc, so I am anyways blacklisted till 100+ days (cooldown period). Hoping RBL launches the Zomato Black Cc by then. (I think the reason for not launching is that RBL and Zomato might have a tie up with mastercard, maybe visa is not giving them the same deal, so hoping for MC Ban to be lifted)

4 major difference b/w Zomato Classic and Black, take a note:

1. In Zomato Edition Classic, you get Zomato Pro subscription for as long as you hold the cc. In Zomato Edition Black, you get Pro Plus.
2. In Zomato Edition Classic, you get 5% Unlimited Cashback on Zomato. In Zomato Edition Black, you get 10%.
3. In Zomato Edition Classic, you get 1.5% cb on normal outside transactions. In Zomato Edition Black, you get 2%.
4. In Zomato Edition Classic, the cashback you earn you have to redeem by ordering food from zomato only. In zomato edition black, you can redeem it to pay your cc bills. That's a better savings, since it can be pitted against axis ace cc.

Thank you.

@Abhi98 you asked for this information. this might help you.
I can confirm this guys. I just got an invite for pro plus annual membership (got Zomato edition classic last week) for Rs 1499. Too pricey. I'm look to escalate it with Zomato pro help but not expecting too much. Will update if anything positive comes from it.

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I can confirm this guys. I just got an invite for pro plus annual membership (got Zomato edition classic last week) for Rs 1499. Too pricey. I'm look to escalate it with Zomato pro help but not expecting too much. Will update if anything positive comes from it.
It is 900 for those who not having edition card

Abhi98

TF Buzz
It is 900 for those who not having edition card
Yeah. Said the same to the pro customer care executive. They say the price on the app is "as per the algorithm" and it is the price I need to pay to get Pro plus. Also said that there might be offers in the future where the fee might be reduced. Tried to coax me into pro plus by saying the invite is only for a limited period and might go away if not availed. I refused it anyway.

amroc

TF Buzz
Finally Got the Card ( Will be delivered in 2-3 Days )

Steps Followed :

1. Asked to reset my previous application to Zomato Chat Support

2. Selected My office Location ( Which is serviceable) as my home address and gave invalid input in full address.

3. Selected office address again for my alternate address with correct full address ( Parrallely Contacted zomato support that by mistake i gave wrong input as address to which they replied that they will update the correct address in 2-3 days)

4. After Submission it showed the card limit And asked me which address selected the office address.

5. Chose a slot for VKyc.

6. Instantly after VKyc Card got generated.
In my case I asked for reset and was refused :(