• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Strange experience with HDFC Bank for getting Imperia Platinum Chip Debit Card

fatehbajwa

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have recently upgraded to Imperia, for no other reason but that I invariably had the funds which meet the Imperia eligibility, in a couple of accounts in HDFC.

After the upgrade I put in a request for the Imperia Cheque book via NetBanking

Again for no real reason except..why not! The cheque book was delivered in a few days. Similarly I wanted to upgrade the debit card too, to the one which says Imperia 😁.

I couldn't find the option in NetBanking so I just clicked on the upgrade to a Platinum Chip Debit Card, assuming that for a Imperia customer they would naturally send the Imperia one.

Well...I was in for a big surprise...in fact a shock. On calling the Imperia Banking Concierge, it was strongly suggested by the customer care guy that I should visit the branch and put in a request in writing!

I mean....a classic and preferred customer can get his debit card by requesting on NetBanking but An Imperia customer can't!! He has to go to the duckin' branch!

It's definitely not an upgrade but rather a climb down. I'll definitely not be visiting the branch for such a nice matter and have written to the Imperia Banking email along with a cc to my virtual RM.

Let's see....but this is crazy!!😂 😁🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I have recently upgraded to Imperia, for no other reason but that I invariably had the funds which meet the Imperia eligibility, in a couple of accounts in HDFC.

After the upgrade I put in a request for the Imperia Cheque book via NetBanking

Again for no real reason except..why not! The cheque book was delivered in a few days. Similarly I wanted to upgrade the debit card too, to the one which says Imperia 😁.

I couldn't find the option in NetBanking so I just clicked on the upgrade to a Platinum Chip Debit Card, assuming that for a Imperia customer they would naturally send the Imperia one.

Well...I was in for a big surprise...in fact a shock. On calling the Imperia Banking Concierge, it was strongly suggested by the customer care guy that I should visit the branch and put in a request in writing!

I mean....a classic and preferred customer can get his debit card by requesting on NetBanking but An Imperia customer can't!! He has to go to the duckin' branch!

It's definitely not an upgrade but rather a climb down. I'll definitely not be visiting the branch for such a nice matter and have written to the Imperia Banking email along with a cc to my virtual RM.

Let's see....but this is crazy!!😂 😁🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
☺️☺️☺️ You could well have done without the upgrade, it adds almost no value, Preferred-Imperia.

I have upgraded to Imperia got nothing as such like Debit card or Cheque book, and I am happy to sit back and relax, why waste my time chasing them ?

☺️☺️☺️ You could well have done without the upgrade, it adds almost no value, Preferred-Imperia.

I have upgraded to Imperia got nothing as such like Debit card or Cheque book, and I am happy to sit back and relax, why waste my time chasing them ?
Not so....the difference starts will the Concierge itself. No waiting, IVR...1 tap and you're connected to an executive.

Waste time?.I got plenty of time....in fact I'm absolutely free most of the time....need to spend just 30 mins a day at work.
So that's not an issue.

Back