• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Strategy to get Citi Prestige

Status
Not open for further replies.

spatone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

With the MasterCard ban now gone, I am thinking of getting my hands on Citi Prestige before the sun sets on Citi in India.

I already have a 4+ years old Citi Indian Oil Card but with a meagre limit of 1.2 lakhs. Did not use it for anything other than fuel and Citi offers so never bothered to get the limit enhanced.

I barely reach their 25LPA ITR criteria for last FY, but have a solid 800+ CIBIL and an employer that should be on their whitelist (if it exists).

So here are my questions:
1. Is it advisable to try my luck with Prestige?
2. Should I try to get my existing limit enhanced and then request an upgrade? Or,
3. Should I apply afresh with the documents?

Any insights would be appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
Hi all,

With the MasterCard ban now gone, I am thinking of getting my hands on Citi Prestige before the sun sets on Citi in India.

I already have a 4+ years old Citi Indian Oil Card but with a meagre limit of 1.2 lakhs. Did not use it for anything other than fuel and Citi offers so never bothered to get the limit enhanced.

I barely reach their 25LPA ITR criteria for last FY, but have a solid 800+ CIBIL and an employer that should be on their whitelist (if it exists).

2. Should I try to get my existing limit enhanced and then request an upgrade? Or,

They won't even...

spatone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I can answer the question related to upgrade from existing citi card . Even I was looking for prestige upgrade from my cash back CC, but they mentioned that min of 3L credit limit required for prestige upgrade ( I’ve only 1.6 L)..
Is Citi so stingy with their limits that their premium card requires just 3L of limit? Not very hopeful if that's the case.

ChurningNoob

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I can answer the question related to upgrade from existing citi card . Even I was looking for prestige upgrade from my cash back CC, but they mentioned that min of 3L credit limit required for prestige upgrade ( I’ve only 1.6 L)..
That's interesting. I have Citi Rewards card with 5.33L limit and when I requested for Prestige they simply called and told me that salary should be 3L per month.
Edit: Also, is it worth the 20k annual fee?

Last edited:

spatone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
That's interesting. I have Citi Rewards card with 5.33L limit and when I requested for Prestige they simply called and told me that salary should be 3L per month.
Edit: Also, is it worth the 20k annual fee?
Then they should remove the 25L ITR criteria from their website. I understand that it's always the prerogative of the bank to give someone a card or not, but why the pretense of putting out the criteria if that can be arbitrary. Will still give it a try and update the thread here.

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
my case: I had citi reward with more than 3L limit and first converted to citi premier miles and got 10000 miles for only 500 rs as per pro rata fees. Within few months i will pay renewal fees and get bonus renewal miles. then after few more months (just before citi stops issuing cards) i will convert to citi prestige. i am guessing i will not have to pay the full citi prestige annual fees as i will be joining in mid of my annual cycle and they will charge according to pro rata. so i may get the full welcome benefits without paying the full joining fees. this the benefit in citi cards.

Answer to your questions

Yes, try for prestige with mc world elite variant
You have 1.2L in existing card. There is low chances that u will get auto limit enhancement upto 3L within next 6 months but u might. (i am assuming citi will be issuing cards for next 12 months ). One option is to threaten them to increase limit or u will close card. U can try your luck
Since u dont have 25 L ITR u can apply for citi premier miles. Later if your indian oil limit is increased to 3L, u can convert that to prestige and have a premier miles & prestige combo which gives very high reward rate more than infinia

spatone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
my case: I had citi reward with more than 3L limit and first converted to citi premier miles and got 10000 miles for only 500 rs as per pro rata fees. Within few months i will pay renewal fees and get bonus renewal miles. then after few more months (just before citi stops issuing cards) i will convert to citi prestige. i am guessing i will not have to pay the full citi prestige annual fees as i will be joining in mid of my annual cycle and they will charge according to pro rata. so i may get the full welcome benefits without paying the full joining fees. this the benefit in citi cards.

Answer to your questions

Yes, try for prestige with mc world elite variant
You have 1.2L in existing card. There is low chances that u will get auto limit enhancement upto 3L within next 6 months but u might. (i am assuming citi will be issuing cards for next 12 months ). One option is to threaten them to increase limit or u will close card. U can try your luck
Since u dont have 25 L ITR u can apply for citi premier miles. Later if your indian oil limit is increased to 3L, u can convert that to prestige and have a premier miles & prestige combo which gives very high reward rate more than infinia
Thanks for the detailed reply. The idea resonates with me. The ITR is for 26L but pretty sure that since that will be a borderline case, and as someone without any other relationship with Citi, they can pretty well decline it.

Will checkout premiere miles too and decide if it's worth having. Thanks again.

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can you share their contact or email ID? But will it be too soon to ask for MC considering it just got un-ban, also I am not sure about the 20k fees
24 hour Citi Prestige Service Line on +91-22-49181050 or Toll free 1-800-419-1050.
ask them when mc world elite will be available. for fees ask if they are offering pro rata charge if u are in the middle of ur annual cycle.

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Hi all,

They won't even consider the application as Prestige application gets taken care of by a different team altogether. Either income criteria or limit criteria should be matched 100%.
There's another way to get it if you open a Citi Gold account with 75L TRV.

Solution

joshi.mohit86

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
It's not easy to get limits in Citi ... Even 1L is a lot ...
What would you call about this limit (8.3lakh) on Premiermiles? Last year I was willing to upgrade this to prestige but didn’t converted because of their exit. Now I can try since MC is allowed to issue new cards.

Also have rewards card with 4.98lakh limit.

Attachments

• 6BD7936D-677F-4564-893E-2D13E8C6E0BB.jpeg
    6BD7936D-677F-4564-893E-2D13E8C6E0BB.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 58

dhshankar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Having higher limits in citi cards are rare .. so, 3L itself would be higher .. I recently requested for CL enhancement as I have 10 years active suvidha Salary account with them , waiting for their reply whether they will double my CL not ..!
Limit enhancement done from 1.69 - 2.97L .. The criteria for prestige upgrade (3L CL) missed by 3k :confused: .. need to wait another 6 months for CL enhancement

dhshankar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What would you call about this limit (8.3lakh) on Premiermiles? Last year I was willing to upgrade this to prestige but didn’t converted because of their exit. Now I can try since MC is allowed to issue new cards.

Also have rewards card with 4.98lakh limit.

Call Citi Prestige Service Line now and express your interest for prestige upgrade . Let us see what they reply ..

Status
Not open for further replies.