• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Subject: How to get Credit Card against HDFC (saving max) savings account?

imrtbpsp

TF Select
I am unemployed from last 10 years, earlier I worked as system admin in company like HCL, IBM.But due to some family reasons, I leave NCR and do farming in my village. I have 8 hectares of land but all is in my father's name. I have no source of income to show. I also do not have any CIBIL record/score as I have not taken any loan or credit card till date. Only 6.8 lakh loan taken from LIC is going on in my name but it is secured loan taken on my LIC policy so it has nothing to do with CIBIL score because a lot of my money is already with LIC from which loan is given.
On someone's suggestion, I opened a Savings Max Account (Product Code 193) in HDFC Bank on January 25, 2023, in which I have to maintain MAB 25000. From the time of account opening till 22/04/23, I have maintained minimum balance of around 5lakh+ and cumulative transactions (credit+debit) is 45lakh+.
So I want to know will HDFC offer me credit card without any source of income?
I am getting offers for pre approved Amazon co branded cards on HDFC's mobile app and netbanking platform. Once I checked eligibility online, it was told online that "Sorry you are not eligible" so I stopped there but within 15 minutes I got a call from HDFC and Shetold that "You are eligible for Millennia card but I am still can't apply for you card from here because your area pincode is not being taken by the system. If you contact the bank you will get the card easily". So I called the RM in the bank, he checked and told that you have not received any card offer yet and you will need salary slip / source of income etc in the card offer which is currently showing.
So I want to know from all of you that how can I get credit card without any FD. Note: IDBI Bank gives credit cards (Lumine/Eclate) against LIC policy but I am not interested in these cards.
Will call it some charisma or coincidence that while I am typing this post, I have received this SMS from HDFC "Dear Bhanu, Being a privileged HDFC Bank customer, you can now opt for a Business Credit Card to cater to all your business needs -without any documentation.
Check here: hdfcbk.ioxxxx xxxx xxxxx
"

Attachments

• IMG_20230422_113533.jpg
    IMG_20230422_113533.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 86
It varies from person to person but maybe you should get it in 6 months.

Since you're maintaining a good balance you can also ask your branch guys to upgrade your ac to preferred (2lac MAB) you will get better offers there
for savingsmax this criteria is not possible to fulfill. any balance above 1.25L is swept out as fd. if there is any way to bypass the 1.25L then let me know.

I am unemployed from last 10 years, earlier I worked as system admin in company like HCL, IBM.But due to some family reasons, I leave NCR and do farming in my village. I have 8 hectares of land but all is in my father's name. I have no source of income to show. I also do not have any CIBIL record/score as I have not taken any loan or credit card till date. Only 6.8 lakh loan taken from LIC is going on in my name but it is secured loan taken on my LIC policy so it has nothing to do with CIBIL score because a lot of my money is already with LIC from which loan is given.
On someone's suggestion, I opened a Savings Max Account (Product Code 193) in HDFC Bank on January 25, 2023, in which I have to maintain MAB 25000. From the time of account opening till 22/04/23, I have maintained minimum balance of around 5lakh+ and cumulative transactions (credit+debit) is 45lakh+.
So I want to know will HDFC offer me credit card without any source of income?
I am getting offers for pre approved Amazon co branded cards on HDFC's mobile app and netbanking platform. Once I checked eligibility online, it was told online that "Sorry you are not eligible" so I stopped there but within 15 minutes I got a call from HDFC and Shetold that "You are eligible for Millennia card but I am still can't apply for you card from here because your area pincode is not being taken by the system. If you contact the bank you will get the card easily". So I called the RM in the bank, he checked and told that you have not received any card offer yet and you will need salary slip / source of income etc in the card offer which is currently showing.
So I want to know from all of you that how can I get credit card without any FD. Note: IDBI Bank gives credit cards (Lumine/Eclate) against LIC policy but I am not interested in these cards.
Will call it some charisma or coincidence that while I am typing this post, I have received this SMS from HDFC "Dear Bhanu, Being a privileged HDFC Bank customer, you can now opt for a Business Credit Card to cater to all your business needs -without any documentation.
Check here: hdfcbk.ioxxxx xxxx xxxxx
"
you will need to have at least 1 income source under your name. as a bank, why would they give credit to someone who has no income on paper?

the only exceptions are student credit card offers but that also banks think that once they get jobs after final year, they will be able to repay.

for savingsmax this criteria is not possible to fulfill. any balance above 1.25L is swept out as fd. if there is any way to bypass the 1.25L then let me know.
Swept out/Swept in feature is optional not mandatory.
MoneyMaximizer: Earn higher interest on idle money in your account by requesting for our automatic sweep out facility where surplus funds are automatically put in a fixed deposit.
Sweep-In: If at any time your savings account starts to run low on funds, the Fixed Deposit will be automatically dissolved to meet the short fall.
To know more CLICK HERE

you will need to have at least 1 income source under your name. as a bank, why would they give credit to someone who has no income on paper?

the only exceptions are student credit card offers but that also banks think that once they get jobs after final year, they will be able to repay.
As I said in the above post "I opened the account on someone's suggestion..." After talking to some of my close friends and bank officials, I came to know that HDFC provides credit card against savings account to its customers after sometime.
And today SMS related to the same was also received, screenshot attached. I just talked to my RM, he said whether the bank is off for two days, he will check on Monday and tell. Till then I do not want to take any risk by applying on my own.

Attachments

• IMG_20230422_113533.jpg
    IMG_20230422_113533.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 19
Swept out/Swept in feature is optional not mandatory.
MoneyMaximizer: Earn higher interest on idle money in your account by requesting for our automatic sweep out facility where surplus funds are automatically put in a fixed deposit.
Sweep-In: If at any time your savings account starts to run low on funds, the Fixed Deposit will be automatically dissolved to meet the short fall.
To know more CLICK HERE
you must have turned that option on
if i turn off that option, then what is the use of a savingsmax account? it would be like a regular savings account.

you must have turned that option on
if i turn off that option, then what is the use of a savingsmax account? it would be like a regular savings account.
Saving max provides some benefits over Regular saving account...

Total Insurance Cover of up to 1.29 Cr including Accidental Hospitalization Cover, Accidental Death Cover, Air Accident cover etc on your SavingsMax Account & Platinim Debit Card.
Lifetime free Platinum Debit Card, Unlimited free
transactions, Daily Cash Withdrawal Limit of Rs. 1 Lakh and Daily Shopping limit of Rs. 5 Lakh,1% CashBack* on every transaction,2 Domestic Lounge Access per quarter with Platinum Debit Card.
Money Maximiser: Earn higher interest on money lying idle with our automatic sweep out facility (Available on request).
Zero charges on base plan of Rs.1299/- Nil AMC on Demat for first year.
AMB of Rs.25,000ORFD Cushion of Rs 1.5 Lakh in Metro/Urban LocationsRs 1 Lakh in SURU location.
For more info CLICK HERE

Saving max provides some benefits over Regular saving account...

Total Insurance Cover of up to 1.29 Cr including Accidental Hospitalization Cover, Accidental Death Cover, Air Accident cover etc on your SavingsMax Account & Platinim Debit Card.
Lifetime free Platinum Debit Card, Unlimited free
transactions, Daily Cash Withdrawal Limit of Rs. 1 Lakh and Daily Shopping limit of Rs. 5 Lakh,1% CashBack* on every transaction,2 Domestic Lounge Access per quarter with Platinum Debit Card.
Money Maximiser: Earn higher interest on money lying idle with our automatic sweep out facility (Available on request).
Zero charges on base plan of Rs.1299/- Nil AMC on Demat for first year.
AMB of Rs.25,000ORFD Cushion of Rs 1.5 Lakh in Metro/Urban LocationsRs 1 Lakh in SURU location.
For more info CLICK HERE
did you got the credit card or still waiting

I got it.
Within 3 months of account opening i got offer first they offered me 50000 limit i refused then offered 1 lakh i refused then offered 2 lakh i refused because 2 lakh limit so good but they were offering me visa card but i just wanted Rulay card so that i can link it in upi app finally in 4th time they offered me business money back rupay variant with limit of 1.5 lac so i accepted it.

I got it.
Within 3 months of account opening i got offer first they offered me 50000 limit i refused then offered 1 lakh i refused then offered 2 lakh i refused because 2 lakh limit so good but they were offering me visa card but i just wanted Rulay card so that i can link it in upi app finally in 4th time they offered me business money back rupay variant with limit of 1.5 lac so i accepted it.
giphy.gif

I got it.
@Abhishek012 aaj khush toh tum bahut hoge 🤣

Back