• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest 1st credit card for my mother?

credit_noob

TF Select
Hi all,
My mother neither salaried nor self employed having CIBIL 812
On time paid 19 loans in past 15 years and also due to lack of digitalisation in nearest bank around 12 loans are papers there not there in CIBIL(year ~1980-1995).
Suggest credit card do not ask ITR or payslip or self employed?
Extra details: 0 credit cards, 0 pay laters, 3 active secure loans,2 enquiry(which are 3 years old for business loan).

Hi all,
On time paid 19 loans in past 15 years and also due to lack of digitalisation in nearest bank around 12 loans are papers there not there in CIBIL(year ~1980-1995).
Extra details: 0 credit cards, 0 pay laters, 3 active secure loans,2 enquiry(which are 3 years old for business loan).
Depending upon usecase, there are plenty of cards.

For utility & Airtel Payments - Airtel Axis is great card [500+ GST+ no income documents needed]

For shopping - SBI cashback card [1000+ GST+ income documents needed sometimes]

Overall - Amazon ICICI can be an option [LTF + no income proof needed]

If you can list your spends, we can go further in that category of spends.

Hope it answers your query, you can mark my answer as solution by clicking ☑️ button below my reply.

Last edited:

For utility & Airtel Payments - Airtel Axis is great card [500+ GST+ no income documents needed]

If you can list you spends, we can go further in that category of soends.

Hope it answers your query, you can mark my answer as solution by clicking ☑️ button below my reply.
In this type thread you can't mark solution 😂

Last edited:

If you can list your spends, we can go further in that category of spends.

Spending categories are ecommerce,recharge,electricity,gas bill that's it..Thank you will go with Airtel axis. Update today applied one card with category housewife it asked to do FD so exited the application.

Spending categories are ecommerce,recharge,electricity,gas bill that's it..Thank you will go with Airtel axis. Update today applied one card with category housewife it asked to do FD so exited the application.
Update applied Airtel axis rejected with reason bank internal criteria doesn't meet

Update applied Airtel axis rejected with reason bank internal criteria doesn't meet
If you want credit card for your mother in any bank just open a savings account with them and you will get pre approved offers as your mother already have credit history.

I also get HDFC MoneyBack credit card from my mother's HDFC Savings Account

I opened savings account for my mother and add it to my HDFC Classic Family banking program

Hi all,
Considering your mom already has several banking relationships, just ask these banks what they are willing to offer. List them out here so the community members can help you.

If you want credit card for your mother in any bank just open a savings account with them and you will get pre approved offers as your mother already have credit history.

I opened savings account for my mother and add it to my HDFC Classic Family banking program
I get my first card from HDFC with same process as you said. But I will try without account if it is necessary will try to take very basic bank account.

Hi all,
Since CIBIL and credit history is there. I would assume ITR is there as well since business loans were taken. You can put down self-employed in that case while applying for cards but put income only as per ITR.

For your need do check Axis Ace offer in Gpay app with an unregistered number. If it’s showing then very high probability of getting approved. Alternatively download Neu app and apply for HDFC Tata Neu Plus/Infinity again very high chance of approval, you’ll get it FYF as well.

Hope one of the above helps!!

Pre-approved offers are only available for savings account holders. Is that right?
Yes! Only for Savings Account Holder.

++ Idfc first bank rejected due to internal criteria
++ Axis ace rejected due to internal criteria
++Hdfc rejected due to internal criteria
++ Onecard rejected asking FD
Due to 25 years age of credit cibil not down;still at 812!

Back