• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest a card for major transaction

nanauser

TF Buzz
Hi everyone

I currently have the following cards that I use almost daily:

1. Axis Bank Flipkart CC - mainly offline (due to 1.5%). Will close it before the card renews and have decided to stop using it as I have already recovered the renewal fee through cashbacks
2. SBI CC - main online and offline CC (for small spends and wide acceptability). I want to keep it to just that.
3. Amex Plat Travel - Got it 10 days back (FYF) to try it out as I had some major expenses planned (and wanted to use it as a secondary fuel card since fuel is counted against the 4L limit) but recently made a 4L transaction and I am wondering what I should use for the next set of major transactions (should be in the range of ~6L)
4. Axis IOCL LTF - Used it as main fuel card but rewards were not good so replaced it with plat travel as fuel spends are around 5-6k/month.
5. Swiggy HDFC - Used for all swiggy spends
6. Tata Neu HDFC plus - Used for all UPI transactions
7. ICICI Apay - For all amazon transactions

My average monthly spend (including fuel) comes to around 30k. I am expecting some other major expenses (~6L) in the coming months over an above the 30k and initially got the plat travel with that in mind but since I already used it for 4L I am wondering what I should use for the 6L now.

> PS: I applied for a FYF Amex MRCC to give it a try and see

Besides above, following are the cards I have:

- IDFC Millennia (asked RM for a select upgrade which should happen in the next few days) : ~2L limit
- HDFC Neu/Moneyback+/Swiggy (use the neu for UPI and swiggy one for all swiggy spends): ~2L shared limit
- Indusind Legend LTF - Just kept it as it's LTF. No use as such: 50k limit
- Axis Myzone LTF - Just keeping as it's LTF. No use really besides the BOGO movie.
- Axis Flipkart - Planning to close it after devaluation
- Axis IOCL LTF - No use since I moved fuel spends to Amex

My question is which card should I use / apply for to get the most out of the major transaction I have planned?

> PS: I also have the occasional spend in buying insurance so planning to use Amex plat travel for that from next year onwards

Riya

TF Ace
Well it depends on the category where you want to spend ...
But looking at you portfolio... No card looks capable to provide any decent return except amex plat and ICICI APay card... That's base 1% return I'm talking...

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone

I currently have the following cards that I use almost daily:

1. Axis Bank Flipkart CC - mainly offline (due to 1.5%). Will close it before the card renews and have decided to stop using it as I have already recovered the renewal fee through cashbacks
2. SBI CC - main online and offline CC (for small spends and wide acceptability). I want to keep it to just that.
3. Amex Plat Travel - Got it 10 days back (FYF) to try it out as I had some major expenses planned (and wanted to use it as a secondary fuel card since fuel is counted against the 4L limit) but recently made a 4L transaction and I am wondering what I should use for the next set of major transactions (should be in the range of ~6L)
4. Axis IOCL LTF - Used it as main fuel card but rewards were not good so replaced it with plat travel as fuel spends are around 5-6k/month.
5. Swiggy HDFC - Used for all swiggy spends
6. Tata Neu HDFC plus - Used for all UPI transactions
7. ICICI Apay - For all amazon transactions

My average monthly spend (including fuel) comes to around 30k. I am expecting some other major expenses (~6L) in the coming months over an above the 30k and initially got the plat travel with that in mind but since I already used it for 4L I am wondering what I should use for the 6L now.

> PS: I applied for a FYF Amex MRCC to give it a try and see

Besides above, following are the cards I have:

- IDFC Millennia (asked RM for a select upgrade which should happen in the next few days) : ~2L limit
- HDFC Neu/Moneyback+/Swiggy (use the neu for UPI and swiggy one for all swiggy spends): ~2L shared limit
- Indusind Legend LTF - Just kept it as it's LTF. No use as such: 50k limit
- Axis Myzone LTF - Just keeping as it's LTF. No use really besides the BOGO movie.
- Axis Flipkart - Planning to close it after devaluation
- Axis IOCL LTF - No use since I moved fuel spends to Amex

My question is which card should I use / apply for to get the most out of the major transaction I have planned?

> PS: I also have the occasional spend in buying insurance so planning to use Amex plat travel for that from next year onwards
too many cards bro.. what kind of spends are the 6L? that will decide the rewards.. for insurance Apay vouchers via MRCC with monthly 6k milestone will be decent or if u get 5% on apay. MB+ may give you some basic return.. i wd have suggested Axis vistara infinite actually for 1 yr to enjoy travel . but u already have too many axis cards.. Amex Plat Travel shd be your primary for 6 L

Riya

TF Ace
too many cards bro.. what kind of spends are the 6L? that will decide the rewards.. for insurance Apay vouchers via MRCC with monthly 6k milestone will be decent or if u get 5% on apay. MB+ may give you some basic return.. i wd have suggested Axis vistara infinite actually for 1 yr to enjoy travel . but u already have too many axis cards.. Amex Plat Travel shd be your primary for 6 L
Even for insurance, there is a limit on Amazon wallet of 1 lakh....

nanauser

TF Buzz
Well it depends on the category where you want to spend ...
But looking at you portfolio... No card looks capable to provide any decent return except amex plat and ICICI APay card... That's base 1% return I'm talking...
I want to spend on Jewellery and clothes

My Apay card has a limit of mere 50k so I don't think I will be able to use it for anything. Is there any card I could consider applying for besides these?

Also, does it make sense to use the amex plat considering I already hit the 4L milestone?

nanauser

TF Buzz
The spends will be mainly clothes and jewellery.

I do get 5% on apay but I will take the mrcc route still as I want to see how good it is (since it's FYF) before I decide whether to keep it or not.

MB+ may give you some basic return
I don't really use MB+ for anything, just kept it because other HDFC cards share the limit so this is the primary card and it's also LTF. I have also been getting an upgrade offer from HDFC to upgrade to millennia (FYF) which I don't think is worth it.
i wd have suggested Axis vistara infinite actually for 1 yr to enjoy travel
One reason I haven't considered Vistara cards are that I am from a tier 2 city and Vistara doesn't have any direct flights to anywhere from here so it doesn't make sense for me to get it. I had a pre-approved offer of the IDFC Vistara a while back but didn't go with it. Regarding the Axis cards, I am planning to cancel Axis Flipkart. I can go ahead and cancel the MyZone as well if that helps me get a new Axis card but then again, Vistara is a no go for me.

Amex Plat Travel shd be your primary for 6 L
Does it make sense to go with it as I have already hit the 4L milestone?

msk1437

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I want to spend on Jewellery and clothes

My Apay card has a limit of mere 50k so I don't think I will be able to use it for anything. Is there any card I could consider applying for besides these?

Also, does it make sense to use the amex plat considering I already hit the 4L milestone?
You can consider sbi vistara prime which will give you 3 flight vouchers for 4.5l and 2 CV points per 100 if you travel quite decent

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The spends will be mainly clothes and jewellery.

I do get 5% on apay but I will take the mrcc route still as I want to see how good it is (since it's FYF) before I decide whether to keep it or not.

I don't really use MB+ for anything, just kept it because other HDFC cards share the limit so this is the primary card and it's also LTF. I have also been getting an upgrade offer from HDFC to upgrade to millennia (FYF) which I don't think is worth it.

One reason I haven't considered Vistara cards are that I am from a tier 2 city and Vistara doesn't have any direct flights to anywhere from here so it doesn't make sense for me to get it. I had a pre-approved offer of the IDFC Vistara a while back but didn't go with it. Regarding the Axis cards, I am planning to cancel Axis Flipkart. I can go ahead and cancel the MyZone as well if that helps me get a new Axis card but then again, Vistara is a no go for me.

Does it make sense to go with it as I have already hit the 4L milestone?
then mrcc / plat travel are your best option in the existing portfolio.. buy GVs for jewelry and clothes for use on rewards multiplier..

nanauser

TF Buzz
You can consider sbi vistara prime which will give you 3 flight vouchers for 4.5l and 2 CV points per 100 if you travel quite decent
Only issue I have with vistara is that there direct flights from my city are very limited, however seeing all these suggestions it seems like worth considering all the Vistara cards. A while back I was getting the IDFC Vistara pre-approved so I think I have the best chance of getting that one approved easily. However, yes, I will check other vistara co branded ones as well.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
then mrcc / plat travel are your best option in the existing portfolio.. buy GVs for jewelry and clothes for use on rewards multiplier..
or see if anyone has hdfc infinia / DCB / amex plat charge in your circle who can pass on the discount to you for GVs on smart buy / reward multiplier :).. amex has 10x on tata cliq luxury

nanauser

TF Buzz
Thanks. The GV's approach makes sense. I am assuming I will get points for those (multiplied ones) over and over the milestone points I get after the 4L?

Also, I am considering Vistara cards now as it seems like they are worth considering given my expenses so I am open to suggestions on that side 😅

nanauser

TF Buzz
or see if anyone has hdfc infinia / DCB / amex plat charge in your circle who can pass on the discount to you for GVs on smart buy / reward multiplier :).. amex has 10x on tata cliq luxury
No one does in my circle. I was aiming to get the DCB but the RM just won't give it approved to me unless I apply with my ITR and they have also said that I will have to close my current MB+ card if I want to get the DCB (which again is not 100% that I will be approved for it even though my ITR is in the eligible range) and closing the MB+ would mean both Neu and Swiggy ones will also be closed.

Thus I figured it's not worth the trouble and I will wait it out.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks. The GV's approach makes sense. I am assuming I will get points for those (multiplied ones) over and over the milestone points I get after the 4L?

Also, I am considering Vistara cards now as it seems like they are worth considering given my expenses so I am open to suggestions on that side 😅
Clothes and jewelry for 6L is not normal unless there is an occasion - wedding maybe?? If yes then Vistara Biz class / Premium Economy tickets / CV points will help for leisure travel ;). do chk out.. Axis has stopped vistara so sbi vistara is a gd option.. double check on jewelry spends before applying.. or try LE on APAY.. or spend 50k in batches on amz. spend pay it then spend again.. NEU may actually have good offers on tanishq westside and tata ckiq

nanauser

TF Buzz
Clothes and jewelry for 6L is not normal unless there is an occasion - wedding maybe??
Yes 😅
If yes then Vistara Biz class / Premium Economy tickets / CV points will help for leisure travel ;). do chk out.. Axis has stopped vistara so sbi vistara is a gd option
I am considering SBI vistara. Is there any possibility of getting it LTF? Also, checked online but didn't see the eligibility criteria mentioned. Does it have a annual income requirement? Will it be possible to get it on C2C through Amex?

or try LE on APAY.. or spend 50k in batches on amz. spend pay it then spend again.. NEU may actually have good offers on tanishq westside and tata ckiq
I will try Apay limit. I have used Neu in the past on Tanishq but hardly got much benefits (not sure why) so decided to keep it as just a backup UPI card or use it when I need a good limit (second best limit after Amex plat)