• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest a revamp of my current cards?

Dinse4554

TF Buzz
Hello everyone! I've accumulated cards over time more by chance than design, and didn't really look at them as a whole and honestly tend to favor only my Amex cards. I've started researching now (joining this forum is one more way) in an effort to look at cards in a more rounded manner. Currently, I have:

1. Amex Platinum Travel - my favorite card, which I used to use almost exclusively, till I got the Amex Platinum Reserve. I now stop using this once I hit the 4L milestone. Credit limit - 3.25L
2. Amex Platinum Reserve - Almost my primary card, credit limit 8L. I know we should stop using once we hit the 5L milestone, but don't have any other worthy card to move spends to
3. HDFC Millenia - Had this as the only available upgrade about 2 years ago on my basic HDFC card, bank account holder with them since 15 years. Barely using this one since there aren't any good benefits that I can see. Limit is 1.16L
4. RBL Shoprite - LTF, got it when RBL Zomato shut down. Usage is zero other than when an e-commerce / delivery platform has a discount on RBL cards
5. HDFC Marriot Bonvoy - Applied for this recently, shared credit limit of Rs. 1.16L with the Millenia. Mainly use for the one night free benefit and use it whenever we travel to a Bonvoy property.
6. Kotak Urbane Credit Card - Got this along with the opening of my salary account, limited usage. Credit limit Rs. 3.9L

Our annual spends are about Rs. 25L.

Can you help in suggesting what cards we should add/remove from our portfolio? Travel, dining and shopping are our key expenses.

Additionally, we will have a large one-time spend in the coming month (medical + car downpayment) of up to Rs. 20L. How can I use this to get the best cards, and which cards willl be able to maximise my rewards on the spends.

Thank you!