• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest me a card , newbie to the world of CC

danish

TF Ace
Do u have service area for kotak & indus
kotak gives me offer of personal loan , emi card but every times reject my cc application , i apply as a student but still in rejection mail they give reason Non fulfillment of the income eligibility criteria of our Bank.

danish

TF Ace
Then why kotak denied 🌚
Do u apply as self employed??
i every time apply as a student but why i do not known why they always reject my application giving reason Non fulfillment of the income eligibility criteria of our Bank. i think after hdfc , kotak and au bank are the banks which gives you option to apply as a student

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
my cibil is 775 credit utilization- 3 percent , tier 1 city

yes all bank service available in my area even amex
Okay, the raising star @varun__goel_ has come online, I will hand over this case to him as of now..
You are in safe hands ..
I will come into the picture after his treatment is over..
All the best
Now over to you raising star @varun__goel_ .. handle with care .. he is also like you , a student !!

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
i every time apply as a student but why i do not known why they always reject my application giving reason Non fulfillment of the income eligibility criteria of our Bank. i think after hdfc , kotak and au bank are the banks which gives you option to apply as a student
You are too new can't give u much advice 🌚

nobraincell

TF Buzz
You bank account .

Contact salary credit in

Business transfer bank account
sb account - canara , sbi and iob - canara has most transactions, sbi opened for GL , iob opened for Property loan
salary credit happens in canara
business is run with a family friend, where all paperwork is done in their name, i am a working partner

nobraincell

TF Buzz
2. For your travel, your best bet at this time would be federal scapia. You won't get int lounge access but 0 forex which can help with your travel. I don't see much other use for this card, so if the credit aspect isn't of importance, niyo would be the best approach. Lounge + 0 forex debit and an option for a FD credit card.
so best bet is niyo itself?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
sb account - canara , sbi and iob - canara has most transactions, sbi opened for GL , iob opened for Property loan
salary credit happens in canara
business is run with a family friend, where all paperwork is done in their name, i am a working partner
If u can salary account move to ICICI or axis .
Use hdfc as main account.bcz hdfc pre approved is easy if u maintain good balance.

Try sbi cashback credit card. From sbi

Canara Bank - talk to BM

nobraincell

TF Buzz
I also believe that you don't have a credit built ( unless you had a loan), so in that case it makes it more difficult to get a credit card right of the bat.
i believe its there, have lots of loans starting with education loan and then multiple gold loans taken for business purpose and closed, currently i have 3 active loans:
1. property loan from IOB for 20 lakh (first installment payed)
2. EMI for health insurance from axio (will close in 11 months)
3. personal loan taken from kreditbee (will close in 3 months)

my cibil used to be in 600+ range, as i had stood as guarantor for a friend's mother's car loan but they defaulted a few payments, after that i built it up to 771 now through various GL's

nobraincell

TF Buzz
If u can salary account move to ICICI or axis .
Use hdfc as main account.bcz hdfc pre approved is easy if u maintain good balance.

Try sbi cashback credit card. From sbi

Canara Bank - talk to BM
ok sbi cashback first and will have to look into salary account , currently don't have a salary account, canara bank did give me a call few months back asking if i would like to convert my SB to a salary account

maintaining balance currently is not possible, though with a CC i believe it would be possible with some planning

changing of account to HDFC will also have to be considered, canara was closest to my home and always liked them for ease of use and very low annual cum service charges, HDFC did open a new branch closer now with their expansion but my auditor maynot like me opening more accounts XD , he asked me to keep it to one , thats how i closed my union bank account and went to close SBI but sbi lured me into staying with agri GL

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
so sbi first and then hdfc?
yes, first get SBI CB card.. then we will plan.. HDFC going nowhere ..

Just now, I applied for SBI PULSE card.. It instantly got rejected because of Over Leverage that I was talking about before.

I now have total 16 CCs with 80L+ total CL and CIBIL of 802..
Still got rejected.. I alreday have SBI CB card..even then they showed me finger instantly!!
That’s how SBI works with regard to highly leveraged

Last edited:

the_collector

TF Premier
so best bet is niyo itself?
For your international trip, yes.

If you get the SBI CB before the trip and you have online spends that you have to make in foreign currency then use the card. You'll get a positive return on that online spend.

But don't use it for offline on your international trip and use the niyo instead

Deleted member 30446

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello all,

My name is kris, i have a cibil score of 771 and itr of 6L , may increase to 7.5L this year , 17k salary from a contract basis work monthly and rest income from business

I am new to the world of credit cards, so kindly help me understand and navigate it , i was offered a fibe axis rupay card as i had previously renewed my health insurance through fibe (early salary) , this year done same through axio as did it through policybazaar.

One reason i have stayed away from cc was that i was told that there would be a service charge for every transaction, not sure if that still is borne by customer or merchant.

Main reason i looked into cards is , i have an upcoming international trip with my wife and wanted a card for it so that i may save on the forex and get some rewards, niyo global was the choice due to their ads, but started doing research and now very confused on what to choose.
Annual spends would be more than 2 to 3 lakhs as i have a max life insurance yearly 50k and around 40k on health insurance for family
I mainly spend offline but i suppose i can convert some purchases online or through UPI to make most out of the spends, recurring online spend is swiggy , offline is fuel about 5k -6k monthly also can route electricity bill of 18k monthly of my office through my cc, most of my spends are done through gpay or phonepe.
also looking for ways to maximize savings by making cc payment through some app or card.

Kindly explain C2C as well or point me to a thread that explains it.
Kindly suggest on what to do, and best card for me, happy to answer any more questions you all have
I think American Express Platinum Charge Card would be the perfect fit for you.