• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggest me a lifetime free credit card.

PRIYANSHU_

TF Premier
Current I am having following cards as lifetime free:
->HDFC Millenia(90k)
->Federal Imperio (1.66L)
->Amazon ICICI (1L)
-> ICICI Platinum (1L)
-> ICICI Coral Rupay(1L)
->IndusInd Legend(75k)
->Kotak Zen(88K)
->Yes Bank Fin booster (60K)

I would like to add some more LTF credit cards. I am self-employed, 5Lakh ITR.

P.S Axis Bank MYZone credit card application was rejected

Last edited:
You can apply for PNB Rupay Select. It has 500 joining fees and can be easily converted to LTF for coming years.

This card gives Rupay Select wellness benefits (Cult elite membership worth 7k was most useful to me). Also I’ve been seeing lot of offers on PNB lately on many websites like Amazon, Flipkart, Easemytrip etc.

Also, since it’s Rupay card you can link it to your UPI as well.

Some other LTF cards I’d suggest are AU LIT, ICICI Platinum (even if you have APay), Kotak League Platinum and OneCard. All of them have great offers on major e-commerce websites.
Are you getting OTT benefits on pnb rupay select card.

I have the same but OTT benefits not there

Current I am having following cards as lifetime free:
->HDFC Millenia(90k)
->Federal Imperio (1.66L)
->Amazon ICICI (50k)
->IndusInd Platinum(75k)
->Kotak Zen(3L)
->Yes Bank Fin booster (60K)

I would like to add some more LTF credit cards. I am self-employed, 5Lakh ITR.

P.S Axis Bank MYZone credit card application was rejected
Bro how to get hdfc millenia lft card on c2c basis? How you got one?

Bro how to get hdfc millenia lft card on c2c basis? How you got one?
No I got an FYF upgrade from mb+ .
And 2 3 months back asked to make it LTF.
My usage for High as per my limit,usually spending 60k+ out of my 90k limit.
-------------
Now I not using it though

Some suggestions -
1. Take credit cards based on your use and lifestyle. People who haven't seen an airport in their life want cards that give lounge access. I am not saying it is wrong, but try to match with your lifestyle. For people with less travel in flights, go for cashback cards - most of them are entry-level or 1 step up with max fees 1500 per year. Many card providers refund the fees on payment limits.
2. If you travel a lot on flights and stay in hotels, then take such cards that give those privileges. reward points that can be converted to air miles, and hotel stays.
3. Take LTF cards in the initial days and get a hang of what's happening and how rewards and cashback work. Go for any LTF card that you can easily get without many conditions. Talk to the bank where you have an account. That would be an easy starting point.
4. As time goes by, bargain with the banks for better deals and higher variants with fee waiver or even LTF for paid cards. Most of them will allow. Dont show that you are dying for the card. Just play it slow. Adding 1 or 2 cards a year is enough.
5. After 1 or 2 years, build a good repayment history and regularly beef up the credit limit. So that you can use existing cards for C2C. Use C2C and get more cards if you need them.
6. Go with large banks and established players where customer support is accessible and resolution is handy. (Just in case you face any issues)
6. Try to refer others via your link, so that you get some bonus points. It helps to speed up the point collection.

My future targets (targeting all for LTF / FYF / spend-based fee waiver)
ICICI - Amazon Pay, Sapphiro, Emeralde
HDFC - Tata Neu infinity
Axis - Atlas, Indian Oil
SBI - Simply Click
Amex - MRCC, Platinum Travel

Get all these (Except the luxury cards, the rest you can get LTF based on your offers and bargaining skills)
As per my learning, these are the most useful cards (for my spending pattern)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 12.27.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-25 at 12.27.26 PM.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 78
Get all these (Except the luxury cards, the rest you can get LTF based on your offers and bargaining skills)
As per my learning, these are the most useful cards (for my spending pattern)
Thanks for sharing.

screenshot-2023-11-25-at-12-27-26%E2%80%AFpm-png.35659

What in your mind are parameters for Premium vs Luxury?

Thanks for A2A. Let me point out some reasons why I stick to larger banks. Mostly they are reliable and their tech, app, customer support is also reliable. Seen so many threads that the smaller players are not reliable. Cards don't work when it is needed, points don't get credited on time, support is horrible and many other problems. That's one main reason why I don't want to go to the smaller banks and fight with them. Atleast the need for fight is lesser here.
(Not that they are fully perfect but comparatively lesser)

Coming to premium - These are actually not very premium, both can be got LTF, but these banks market them as premium. They are a little bit more than the basic cashback / rewards card, that's all. nothing fancy.

Luxury or super premium is actually where we get some value. Pay fees of around 50k - 60k but we really get value back much more than that. All - spend-based benefits, non-spend based benefits, lifestyle benefits, travel benefits etc.

I would say if someone rises up to a very high quality/level of living, then he won't lose sleep over 400-500 rs petrol cashback in a month. If one can just one or two cards, and his lifestyle expenses justify, then they can definitely use just one of these luxury cards.

Back