• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggestion for HDFC Infinia (Or a better card)

BatmanDad

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hello,

So I recently got an upgrade offer from HDFC to upgrade my Millennia card to Regalia Business. However I don't think I'd want that since Millennia is pretty good for me imo or might even switch to the swiggy variant.
But anyways, got me thinking that would it be somehow possible for me to get DCB or Infinia? And if possible, either of those for FYF or LTF? I'm not gonna be eligible for the alumni offer for DCB, but yea.
And if not those, any other cards that would be good for me?

My spends are all over the place so please don't mind. My usual spends are online and rarely offline, which are usually around 20 - 50k per month. But on some months, they can go upto 2L+ per month based which then are mostly travel based expenses. Apart from that, I don't pay any rent or utility bills, only insurance.

For my current cards:
  • Axis Magnus; Limit: 6L
  • HDFC Millennia; Limit 3L
  • IDFC Wealth; Limit: 7.5L
  • ICICI Card; Limit 70k (Idk which card it is, but since it's the oldest it's still alive)
Apart from this, I have a Preferred banking account with HDFC but I don't maintain much balance there since I'd rather get 7 percent on IDFC's account. Weirdly enough I do maintain 2L on Axis (fml) for the priority account and idk why lol. I might change that as well lol. And I have ICICI, Union bank, Bank of Baroda as well if that's somehow relevant information?

P.S: Sorry if a lot of information was not needed, and if I'm asking too much, but this is the only place I know to turn to for such advice. Thanks in advance :D

Could you explain a bit more as to why not to take the upgrade? And also, I think Regalia Gold might also be available.
Don't take regalia business card because merchants will recognize the card as Corporate card and never works in amazon for discountsalso few merchants doesn't accept.

For existing limit you can get neu infinity, 5% cb in Tata pay bill payments

Don't take regalia business card because merchants will recognize the card as Corporate card and never works in amazon for discountsalso few merchants doesn't accept.

For existing limit you can get neu infinity, 5% cb in Tata pay bill payments
Got it. So if I get offered Regalia Gold, should I instead try that?

Sorry if a lot of information was not needed, and if I'm asking too much, but this is the only place I know to turn to for such advice
I agree with this statement.

That said, if you are salaried with monthly net credit of ~3L then by all means, walk into any nearby HDFC and ask the BM to raise Infinia request on the basis of income. Since your TRV with HDFC is low, chances of LTF infinia are low.

1RC

I agree with this statement.

That said, if you are salaried with monthly net credit of ~3L then by all means, walk into any nearby HDFC and ask the BM to raise Infinia request on the basis of income. Since your TRV with HDFC is low, chances of LTF infinia are low.

1RC
Understood, sorry for the extra information if that's the part you agree with. Also, is there a ITR based criteria?

Understood, sorry for the extra information if that's the part you agree with. Also, is there a ITR based criteria?
Your post was good, just had some important information missing. Yeah your ITR must be 43L and above for Infinia and I believe 24L for DCB.

Trust me getting DCB will not be a challenge.

Your post was good, just had some important information missing. Yeah your ITR must be 43L and above for Infinia and I believe 24L for DCB.

Trust me getting DCB will not be a challenge.
Ah, got it.

If so, In my head for a lot of things DCB is on par with Infinia. So I might as well get that instead. And maybe later down the line upgrade to Infinia.

Please let me know if there are some important or deal breakers for DCB compared to Infinia.

Ah, got it.

If so, In my head for a lot of things DCB is on par with Infinia. So I might as well get that instead. And maybe later down the line upgrade to Infinia.

Please let me know if there are some important or deal breakers for DCB compared to Infinia.
I think there is one good thread on comparison of DCB with Infinia. Do a quick search here.

Honestly, you aren't missing much. For someone like you, who has a healthy mix of cards, DCB is good. Again, I don't know what your background is, except for that you do not qualify for Alumni program. You may still push the credit card guy to give your LTF just based on your ITR.

1RC.

I think there is one good thread on comparison of DCB with Infinia. Do a quick search here.

Honestly, you aren't missing much. For someone like you, who has a healthy mix of cards, DCB is good. Again, I don't know what your background is, except for that you do not qualify for Alumni program. You may still push the credit card guy to give your LTF just based on your ITR.

1RC.
Understood, will follow on this. Thanks for all the helpful insights!

Back