• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggestion on Purchase of a Cloud Storage

I have Moto phone but I dont want to root it, instead I will use other phone to root it and set it up for uploading photos. In fact, I am also looking for such a phone which is easy to root and can be used for just uploading photos !
Look for poco, xiaomi, nothing devices with snapdragon as chipset. You will need a device which has active custom Rom development going on, check on telegram for that.

Agree, I have around 15 years of photos, some 45k photos stored in google photos and its a breeze to find a photo !!!
Right? The whole point of taking photos is to be able to look at them at some point in the future.
I initially bought a HDD and tried to go that way but didn't find it convenient, it could be a great option as a backup though.

While I agree that this post is about storage plans, but why is no one talking about the software associated with it? When it comes to photos, I believe nothing comes close to Google Photos, some features are just amazing!
Just yesterday I was looking for a pic from the past with my sisters on the occasion of rakshabandhan, all I had to do was a simple search with their names and voila, every photo I ever took with them was made available! Not only that, you can do some awesome searches to find photos with/without others taken at specific locations too! Plus some AI features on top of that!
Activating paid storage also unlocks extra editing features in Google photos like magic eraser which comes quite handy.

You can look at pcloud with one time payment. Wait for black friday offers to get it at the cheapest. It has even direct sync from your google photos and other accounts.

If the primary requirement is to backup photos / pictures, I think Google one subscription would be suitable, also in Google photos you can find older memories which are grouped together. Example - Best of Aug 2022, 2 year's since. etc.. I am not sure if similar thing is available or not in MS 365 subscription.

You can look at pcloud with one time payment. Wait for black friday offers to get it at the cheapest. It has even direct sync from your google photos and other accounts.
yes, i have seen good reviews about it. will checkout for sure on black friday

Do you feel that it would be good to take Pixel 1 phone instead of taking other phone and rooting?
I don't know if you get a second hand pixel 1 now in India.

There is also another method that I have heard to be working but not have tried myself, technically it should work. You can install WSA (Android) on Windows, root that install and then use pixel spoof modules to get unlimited upload, in this case you will have to transfers photos to computer form mobile or use sync solutions like syncthing to do it automatically.

yes, i have came across NAS in YouTube, as i was searching for cloud storage. are you guys using NAS @abhiver @shrewdoc
I don't use NAS at the moment as I have 4 old account of Mega.nz which give me total of 200GB of free storage.

Beside that I have two 1TB SSD as backup storage media. My desktop is around 7 year old now. After 3 year , I have plan to retire it as homemade NAS system and get a new Desktop.

Back