• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Suggestions Regarding Utilisation of FD in getting Pre Approved offer of Credit Card

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
I am intending to open an fd of 35000.....and I want to utilise that fd in increasing my chance to get pre approved credit card. I already hold bank of baroda premier credit card

1. Should I open a fd in icici.. And get platinum card on it....?? Will I get pre approved credit cards If I hold a platinum card on fd...!!? ×can I upgrade that card to apay or mmt card.and then close fd... ..??

2. Should I open a fd in hdfc and wait for pre approved offer... Do hdfc give fd based cards... Do they offer pre approved card If I take fd based card.

3. Should I open axis bank fd and take fd based cards on it... Which cards are ltf fd based in axis....?? Will I get a pre-approved card If I hold a secured card in axis ....?? If I close the fd... Can I continue using the card... As I have heard from some people that it is possible in axis... What should be the timeline for removing fd amount...

Or should just keep fd and don't take any fd card and wait for proper unsecured pre approved card..??

I hold savings account in icici, axis and hdfc...

Last edited:
Will I get pre approved credit cards If I hold a premier card on fd.
Yes you will get pre approved credit card while having a secured card in ICICI
Do hdfc give fd based cards
Yes
Do they offer pre approved card If I take fd based card.
Not sure
Which cards are ltf fd based in axis...
None
should just keep fd and don't take any fd card and wait for proper unsecured pre approved card..??
I suggest this 👍

I am intending to open an fd of 35000.....and I want to utilise that fd in increasing my chance to get pre approved credit card. I already hold bank of baroda premier credit card

1. Should I open a fd in icici.. And get platinum card on it....?? Will I get pre approved credit cards If I hold a premier card on fd...!!? ×can I upgrade that card to apay or mmt card.and then close fd... ..??

2. Should I open a fd in hdfc and wait for pre approved offer... Do hdfc give fd based cards... Do they offer pre approved card If I take fd based card.

3. Should I open axis bank fd and take fd based cards on it... Which cards are ltf fd based in axis....?? Will I get a pre-approved card If I hold a secured card in axis ....?? If I close the fd... Can I continue using the card... As I have heard from some people that it is possible in axis... What should be the timeline for removing fd amount...

Or should just keep fd and don't take any fd card and wait for proper unsecured pre approved card..??

Do FD with HDFC. Preferably > 1yr. They are good at pre-approved offers. You might even get unsecured CC offer.

Q-1 If I take a icici.. Platinum credit card.... And then apply for apay... Using the card details of platinum card after 3-4 months ....... And if the card gets approved.

If I closed my fd and platinum card.... Will my apay card also be closed. In icici... Is there one single account for multiple cards or different accounts for different card...??

Q-2 If I take a axis myzone credit card on basis of fd... And then get another credit card in future.. Lets says flipkart credit card....as we can hold upto 3 cards in axis

In axis.. We know... It has single account for all the credit cards... If I close my fd and myzone card... Will my flipkart card remain active....... ??

Q-1 If I take a icici.. Platinum credit card.... And then apply for apay... Using the card details of platinum card after 3-4 months ....... And if the card gets approved.

If I closed my fd and platinum card.... Will my apay card also be closed. In icici... Is there one single account for multiple cards or different accounts for different card...??
If you spend quite some amount from your FD based card, there is a huge chance that you will get APay Unsecured.
So far, I have known only one YouTuber, who got Apay card based on an FD based ICICI Platinum card.
Also, if you get the Apay card, regardless of the method, it will be Unsecured.

1. Should I open a fd in icici.. And get platinum card on it....?? Will I get pre approved credit cards If I hold a platinum card on fd...!!? ×can I upgrade that card to apay or mmt card.and then close fd... ..??

Why r u doing this??

What's your ultimate aim in doing this??

To get icici and axis cards without any fusss.....
Well then don't get cc against fd if you want pre approved offer from any bank.

Even if you had to take a chance I would suggest to go for axis cc against fd coz in most of the cases axis allows to use its card even if you break your FD.
I have only seen axis do this and not any other bank

Well then don't get cc against fd if you want pre approved offer from any bank.

Even if you had to take a chance I would suggest to go for axis cc against fd coz in most of the cases axis allows to use its card even if you break your FD.
I have only seen axis do this and not any other bank
Yes... I am also thinking of same....

To get icici and axis cards without any fusss.....
If you have an account with Axis, just use it for 4-5 months and apply for a card. Axis account holders can get their cards approved even with less salary than non axis account holders.
For ICICI card, especially AMazon Pay, you can take a FD based card, and apply for APay card later. Now should be a good time, as Holiday sale is upcoming.

Back