• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Surprising approval of Pinnacle and subsequent Exclusive account upgrade as ETB customer.

telescope

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
To give a background, I was holding LTF Aura CC with very low limit since ~5 years without any upgrade or LE. I tried applying legend many times but every time I got instant rejection. Got super frustrated and ended up cancelling that cc in May 2024.

Mid may, I applied for pinnacle through RS1910 and application got rejected instantly. Even before applying I asked him that I only closed cc few days ago and I don't want application rejection, but he was assured me it can be applied and ultimately costed me 1 cibil hit for no reason.

Today evening I got a phone call saying the call is from indusind bank and I am pre-approved for LTF legend and rupay without any joining or annual fees, I can choose any. He also told me that last time my application got rejected so he is calling me because I am now pre-approved for it. I told him that I already applied and got rejected 3 months ago and don't want another cibil hit.

He assured me that this time I'll get it. I said, I am not interested in legend and want pinnacle only. He said that's a paid card and joining fee is ₹15,000. I said, "everyone is getting it as joining fee waiver with 50k spends". Then he replied, that he can give it with that offer too.

He seemed to have every details of me and just said to verify email and mobile OTP which I did and after few minutes he called again saying application approved and said I need to submit the form. Which I did. And voila, cc approved. Now, next mission is to upgrade to exclusive account.

Update 1: (23/08/2024)

My savings account has been upgraded to exclusive account successfully.
Given the request at branch in morning and can see account scheme changed to exclusive account now in evening.
No debit card is showing yet.

Last edited:
Garu your words came true. Just now checked Indus mobile app and saw the card got linked automatically (maybe because I am existing customer). The limit is super high, and highest among all other cc I have. Never thought Indus would become so generous (given that previous cc had limit of peanut)
On that note, how does IndusInd provide LE? Also, does a higher limit mean access to better cards in Indus?

I got 5L on this Pinnacle. My highest is 15.

On that note, how does IndusInd provide LE? Also, does a higher limit mean access to better cards in Indus?

I got 5L on this Pinnacle. My highest is 15.
Update:

I happened to be passing by my branch in the morning and suddenly thought to pay a visit. When I asked the lady about exclusive upgrade she denied any possibility of upgrade. Said, "account upgrade acchi nahi hoti, better close account and open fresh one".

I said the account number is beautiful (indeed it is) and I can't part with it, so do something. She asked my account number and was kinda surprised with it. Then she consulted with ABM and he gave me a print out of exclusive account SoC and a plan upgrade form. My account had less than ₹100 then. I told them I can fund if necessary, but they said funding can be done later. In the whole conversation I didn't mention about pinnacle cc.

A while ago I checked account category in app and can see that account has been upgraded to exclusive account successfully.

No debit card is showing yet. Thinking of applying for mastercard varient of dc by calling customer care, or I should wait?

Nice to hear your story, I was trying to upgrade my Legend Credit card to Pinnacle with that 5K+Gst(Reversible with 50K spending) offer.

Tried their customer care via call, email. No one agreed. They were saying 15K+gst again and again.
Then, I dropped my plan, I don't think it's worth to spend that amount of money for Legend to Pinnacle (Actually Select to Exclusive) though they were giving some vouchers, it's was too much for me. (Difference between Select and Exclusive account is not that much for me).

Now I have decided, I will not spend a single penny for account/credit card upgrade.
If they give totally free upgrade ( Chance is very very low) then I will take it, otherwise, I am happy with my select account+legend card combo.
Wait they will provide free also but it will take 6 months to year. I am having Pinnacle and offered LTF after 1 year trying to sell joining fee.

Update:

I happened to be passing by my branch in the morning and suddenly thought to pay a visit. When I asked the lady about exclusive upgrade she denied any possibility of upgrade. Said, "account upgrade acchi nahi hoti, better close account and open fresh one".

I said the account number is beautiful (indeed it is) and I can't part with it, so do something. She asked my account number and was kinda surprised with it. Then she consulted with ABM and he gave me a print out of exclusive account SoC and a plan upgrade form. My account had less than ₹100 then. I told them I can fund if necessary, but they said funding can be done later. In the whole conversation I didn't mention about pinnacle cc.
Now I am curious to know your acc no. as well.
A while ago I checked account category in app and can see that account has been upgraded to exclusive account successfully.

No debit card is showing yet. Thinking of applying for mastercard varient of dc by calling customer care, or I should wait?

If you have a change apply MC variant via CC first so you can apply Visa variant later using app. CC is not giving MC after Visa without closing

Now I am curious to know your acc no. as well.
It is a pattern similar to xxyyzzxxyyzz
If you have a change apply MC variant via CC first so you can apply Visa variant later using app. CC is not giving MC after Visa without closing
Ok. Let me call customer care to apply MC version. What's the benefit of Mc over visa? Anything specific?
Also, if both Mc and visa linked to same account, both will be free?

It is a pattern similar to xxyyzzxxyyzz

Ok. Let me call customer care to apply MC version. What's the benefit of Mc over visa? Anything specific?
Also, if both Mc and visa linked to same account, both will be free?
I am not sure of benefits (maybe golf benefits) but its easier to get Visa if you already have MC. yes both will be free as of now.

Called customer care for mc world dc. Can see the card in app.
For getting visa signature exclusive, shall I wait for it to get issued automatically or should I apply from the app myself?

One problem I am facing, when trying to see cvv/expiry date of mc world dc, after entering OTP, it is saying "something went wrong please try again"

Called customer care for mc world dc. Can see the card in app.
For getting visa signature exclusive, shall I wait for it to get issued automatically or should I apply from the app myself?

One problem I am facing, when trying to see cvv/expiry date of mc world dc, after entering OTP, it is saying "something went wrong please try again"
Please wait got MC World delivery, then apply for Visa Signature in app

Please wait got MC World delivery, then apply for Visa Signature in app
I was going through the forum and learnt that indusind sends welcome kit for upgraded customers also. So, what you suggested is right. I'll wait for 2 weeks for visa signature to get issued from their side (as a part of account upgrade process). If nothing comes. Then after about 2 weeks I'll raise a request for visa signature from app.

Also, can you tell if exclusive account cheques look different from normal ones?

Back